Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

27.

Elise fanned herself. The London heat was too much.

It was the middle of August and it was her birthday. She was turning seventeen, finally. Her Aunt Laurel brought her to stay in London with her father for a few days and she was taking her apparition test at the Ministry.

Her father was excitedly showing her around the ministry. Her hair was perfectly wavy and she wore a linen suit. It was far too hot this early on a day like August 12. She’d just passed her test so her dad was giving her the grand tour.

Her father took her near the courtrooms. She saw a person walking out with scruffy black hair. Elise automatically knew who it was and ran to him. She ambushed him. “Harry!”

Harry was shocked for a moment, and then hugged her. “Elise!”

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Long story…I’ll tell you later.” He said. “How have you been? Have you talked to Fred?”

She looked down. “He refuses to talk to me. He hasn’t answered any of my letters.”

Harry looked off into the distance. “Check Diagon Alley, he spends a lot of time wandering down there. I’ll see you later.” He said, rushed.

*~*~*~*

Her father took her to the main passageway. She was about to go back to the hotel when a woman in a vile shade of pink with a girlish cough nearly attacked him.

“Anton, how are you?” she asked. “This must be your lovely daughter, Elise.” She said.

Elise shook her hand; she noticed her dad gritting his teeth. “Elise, this is Dolores Umbridge. She’ll be new Defense teacher at Hogwarts.”

“I suppose I shall be seeing you off for your final year of studies?” she asked. “From what I hear, you were a very affluent student last year.”

Elise blushed. “Actually, we’ve decided to go back to Beauxbatons.” She said.

Umbridge stuck her nose in the air. “Ah, Anton, you do know those filthy half breeds preside there?”

Elise almost lunged at her, but her father held her. “Yes, well I should see Elise off. Good to see you, Dolores.”

*~*~*~*

After Elise went back to the hotel, she dumped her jacket, changed into shorts, and unbuttoned the top buttons of her shirt. She decided to explore Diagon Alley for a little bit. She felt cooler; a slight breeze had picked up and her hair was flying past her face. As she walked, she observed the people. Book lists must have just come in; students were carrying large bags from the bookstore. She saw hordes of boys around the broomstick shop.

She turned the corner and saw a tall red haired boy. His hair, once long and wavy, was short and spiked. She could tell who it was. She knew by just looking at his back. He was muttering numbers to himself, staring at the empty building. “It could use a paint job alright, but George and I can handle that.” He murmured.

“Fred?” Elise called out.

He turned around and faced her. His face was shocked. “Elise? Is that you?”

She smiled and jumped into his arms. He was so shocked he didn’t even hug her back.

“I thought you were in France.” He muttered.

“My dad let me come home for my birthday.” She said.

He smiled. “You still have a British accent.”

She nodded. “I guess this place influenced me.”

He stared at her. “You look good…France must be good to you.”

She blushed. “Yeah, I guess…you look good too. I like your hair.” She said, touching it.

Fred turned red. “Mum cut it while I was sleeping…I didn’t even wake up…” he said sadly.

Elise laughed. “You look good though! So what are you up to?”

Fred shrugged. “Just looking at architecture…George and I are planning on opening a joke
shop after we leave Hogwarts.”

Elise smiled. “You’d be perfect.”

“Everyone misses you, you know.” Fred noted. “Ginny misses her older sister.”

Elise let out a watery chuckle. “I’d love to see them.”

Fred held his hand out. “Come on, I’ll bring you to them.”

*~*~*~*

They ended up outside a dingy looking home in London. Fred brought her inside. It was old and musty; it seemed like an old Victorian style home. She heard talking in the kitchen, but
Fred led her upstairs to a library. He opened the door.

“Oi, look who’s come to visit!” he yelled.

She smiled fully for the first time in a while; Harry, Hermione, Ron, George, and Ginny were sitting there, playing Exploding Snap. She hugged each of them with gusto and kissed their
cheeks.

“Elise, we thought we’d never see you again.” Ginny cried.

“Are you here to stay?” Hermione asked.

“No, I’m just here for my birthday.” She said, fondling the diamond necklace she’d received for her seventeenth birthday; it was tradition for witches to receive diamonds just as it was for a wizard to receive a gold watch on their seventeenth.

George noticed her sad face. “Well, let’s quit mulling about and get on with the game.”

Elise sat on the couch with Fred. He gingerly put his arm around her neck and smiled,
kissing his cheek. “I missed you.” She whispered.

“Let’s go somewhere else.” He murmured, taking her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
reunited and it feeeeeels so gooooooood.
sorry i've been absent from mibba. i just had to clear my mind for a while.