Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

28.

Fred pulled Elise into a room with two beds. Obviously it was his and George’s.

“Do you like France?” he asked.

Elise shrugged. “It’s home…but I miss it here. I felt so happy here.” She said. “So what are you guys doing here for the summer?”

Fred shrugged. “Mum and Dad are in this secret society or something fighting against Voldemort.”

“He’s really back, isn’t he?” Elise whispered.

Fred nodded. “From what I hear, they reckon Harry’s going to have to fight him. We haven’t heard much; Mum won’t let us go to the meetings even though we’re of age.”

Elise nodded. “I know what you mean…my dad’s been crazy ever since I turned seventeen.”

Fred turned bright red. “Speaking of your seventeenth…I’ve had this for a while. I planned to give it to you on your birthday but you left a little sooner than expected.” He said, pulling out a blue box. “It’s tradition for a witch to get diamonds, just like how Mum got George and I gold watches for our birthday.” He said, poking his thin wristwatch.

Elise lifted the lid of the box; inside was a tiny silver heart with a diamond set in the middle.

“Fred, it’s beautiful.” She said.

“I bought it for you…I know it’s nothing in comparison to that sparkler your dad got you, but I just wanted you to know that I loved you.” He gulped, pointing to the huge cluster of diamonds around Elise’s neck.

“You loved me?” she stated.

“I love you.” Fred whispered.

Elise lifted her hair so Fred could take her necklace off. She strung the heart pendant on to the silver strand and put it back on, tapping the pendant to her heart. “This is you, and you’ll always be here.” She said.

Fred pushed her back on the bed; she fell willingly. Stringing his hands through her hair, he kissed her roughly. She climbed on top of him and started unbuttoning his shirt.

“I love you.” She said breathily.

“I love you too.” He groaned.

Suddenly, the door swung open. “Oi! If you’re going to shag, I prefer you wouldn’t on my bed!”

George barked. “I have to sleep there, you know!”

Elise hopped off of Fred and Fred cursed, buttoning his shirt. She was bright red exiting the room. “I guess I should say hi to your mum?” she asked.

George chuckled. “You probably should.”

Elise set down the stairs. Fred passed his brother. “You cock-block.” He spat.

“Just doing my job, brother.” George chuckled.

*~*~*~*

Elise and Fred sat at the stairs.

“There’s a meeting; we can’t come in yet.” Fred stated. “I’m probably not supposed to tell you anything about the order, but I trust you.”

Elise leaned her head against him. “I wish I could stay.”

Fred sighed. “I do too, but your dad is probably right. It’s safer in France for you.”

The door swung open. “Oh, this must be your girlfriend, Fred.” said a man with long dark hair.

Fred grinned. “Sure is, Padfoot.” Fred ushered her inside. “Mum, look who came to visit!” he yelled.

Elise looked around, expecting to see smiling faces. She saw the shocked faces of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and several other witches and wizards she didn’t know. Then she zoomed in on the dark haired man sitting at the center of the table.

“Papa?!” she screeched.

Anton Seymour stood up angrily. “Elise, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“I came to see Fred…what are you doing here? What is this?” she asked, shocked.

“Je savais que c'était une idée horrible, vous permettant de revenir. Allez, allez! Il est temps de revenir en arrière!” he yelled. He took her arm away from Fred.

“Non! Non! Je refuse de partir! Lâchez-moi! Fred! Aidez-moi!” she screamed. Fred tried to latch on to her arm, but Mrs. Weasley pulled him away.

“Elise!” he yelled out, defeated.

Mr. Seymour pulled her out of the house. She passed the stairs, where Harry, Hermione, Ron, George, and Ginny were watching, shocked. “Vous cinq, aidez-moi!”

But they couldn’t understand her. All she could yell out was her final words to Fred. “Fred, Je t'aime! Je t'aime!”

*~*~*~*

Elise was sitting in her dad’s new London flat. He’d sold the house in Ottery St. Catchpole.

“I cannot believe you would go behind my back.” He hissed.

“How about you, you’re fighting in the order now?” she fought.

“How did you know about them?” he barked.

“Fred told me about them; he’s as good as a part of them.” She claimed. “When he’s done with school, he’ll join them and I will too!”

Her father smacked his hand on the table. “No you will not! I am acting upon the Order myself. I will not have you muddled about in this business!” he yelled.

“I’m of age!” she roared.

“You’re still in school!” he screamed.

“You can’t protect me forever, Papa! I’m going to grow up someday somehow, why not now?” she screeched.

“I lost your mother, I will not lose you!” he said defiantly.

“Maman died of a broken heart, which is your own problem. I have the chance to help the world and you won’t let me.” Elise said desperately. “Please, let me stay.”

Her father seemed to think it over, but shook his head and threw floo powder into the fireplace, turning it green. “I think it’s time for you to go back to France-for good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for being MIA from mibba. I've been tumbling the royal wedding all weeek.