Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

29.

Elise sat on the gold bed with blue silk sheets. It was the beginning of the new term and per usual, she was stuck in a room with Nanette, Roseanne, and Brigitte. Elise was the first to get to their room; she immediately unpacked her belongings and put her dresses and clothes into the wardrobe. Elise sat on her bed, combing her hair and staring at a moving picture of her and Fred. They were holding each other; it was a spring day and they were out of uniform. The picture Fred was staring at picture Elise with a smile on his face.

“I swear this year is going to be a breeze.” said a familiar voice. Elise turned to the door to see three girls. Nanette still had gorgeous bouncy blonde girls. Roseanne’s red hair was pinned straight and her green eyes glittered with shock. Brigitte’s old style waves were a darker shade of brown.

“Elise, what are you doing here?” Nanette asked.

Elise stared at the picture still. “Papa made me come back.”

The three girls hug attacked her. Elise was shocked. “You never tried to talk to me.” She argued.

“Lise, we were jealous. You got to get out of this hell hole. But you’re back now…how was Hogwarts?” Nanette asked.

“Were the boys hot?” Roseanne asked.

“I heard you’re friends with Harry Potter!” Brigitte exclaimed.

Elise chuckled. “Yes, I was friends with him. He is a sweet boy. Hogwarts was amazing. I learned so much there than I did here.” She said.

“Who is this?” Roseanne asked, picking up the picture frame. “He’s cute…is that your boyfriend?”

Elise nodded, pressing the pendant to her heart. “Yes, that’s my boyfriend. His name is Fred.” She said, blushing.

The girls cooed. “I hope Veronique didn’t give you much trouble. Fleur told us she was a right bitch.” Brigitte said.

Elise rolled her eyes. “When is she not?”

They giggled and went about their business. Elise showed them pictures of the Yule Ball and her dress. She told them stories until they fell asleep. Elise remained awake. She wrote a letter to Fred.

Dear Fred,
I’m back at Beauxbatons. It’s exactly how I remembered it, but somehow I miss Hogwarts more than I ever missed this place. I never really liked it as much; I never felt as if I belonged here. It was different at Hogwarts; I immediately clicked. I feel as if I’d been a part of your family from the start.

I’ve patched things up with Nanette, Roseanne, and Brigitte. We’re still friends I suppose, but tell Angelina, Katie, and Alicia that I miss them. Give Lee, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny my love. Tell George that Roseanne wants to meet him.

I’m hoping I can convince Papa to let me come home again. We had a nasty fight last time I saw him. He told my Aunt Laurel I wasn’t allowed to send letters or anything to anyone. I’ve been living in exile for a long time. Since Fleur took off for London, I haven’t seen her in a while. If you ever see her, tell her to contact me at once. I miss her so much.

I want this year to be over with as soon as it can. When I graduate, I don’t have to listen to Papa anymore. I can come and live with you and George in your joke shop if you would let me. Roseanne told me her mother (who is a professor at the Salem Witches Institute) wants me to come and teach there for a while, but I think I want to work in the ministry like my Dad. I want to correct all of the corruption there. Maybe when I’m done I can get a job interning there.

Anyway, the first day of lessons is tomorrow. I basically have four free periods since the class levels here and in Hogwarts are different. I could be done basically but I have to finish transfiguration and potions. I should sleep, but I wanted to just write to you. I need to talk to you. I want to see you. I love you.

Elise


She attached the letter to an owl her aunt got for her and sent it to Fred. All she could hope was that it got to him.

*~*~*~*

Fred Weasley was up in his four poster bed. It was the beginning of his last term at Hogwarts and he was feeling a bit sentimental. After this year, he might not ever go to Hogwarts ever again.

He missed Elise. He needed her. All he remembered from that awful day her dad carted her out of the Grimmauld Place was her screaming in French. She heard from Tonks that her dad (who was secretly a part of the order) shipped her off to France and refused her any contact outside of the country. She was being held prisoner until the term started.

Fred pulled out a piece of parchment and began to write.

Dear Elise,

It’s been a week at Hogwarts and I find myself missing you more and more. It’s not the same as it was last year-its worse. That Umbridge woman is a total terror. She’s given detentions to the lot and its horrific what she makes them do-she makes them carve lines into their own skin.

Harry’s gotten the worst of it so far, but Hermione and Ron are watching over him. George and I have trouble making trouble now-how bad does that sound? But I’ll be fine. I just hope to make it through the end of the term. If I make it to the end of the school year, it’ll be a blessing.

I’m excited for Quidditch this year. Angelina’s captain and she’s kind of crazy. I’m a little bit scared at the moment. Angelina’s demanding we practice five times a week like we did when Oliver Wood was our captain. You never met him, but the bloke was a maniac. Harry reckons Wood died or something, because Angelina’s taking his spirit.

Schoolwork isn’t too bad. I’m pretty much done; I know everything I need to know. NEWTs are no big deal. Who needs a NEWT in Defense when I’m going to own a joke shop? I pretty much know everything I need to know. I exceed the expectations by just taking them if I did.

Anyway, I don’t know what else to write. I love you. I want to write that. I miss you too. When you’re done, I’ll write you and you can join me and George in the joke shop. I better sleep; we have practice tomorrow morning. I love you.

Fred


Fred signed the letter and put it on his bedside table to main it the next morning.

*~*~*~*

Anton Seymour was walking throughout the ministry on a Saturday morning. From what he heard, Dolores was back for the weekend and he wanted to get to his office without seeing her.

“Hem hem, Anton!”

He groaned. “Hello Dolores.” He said, over enthusiastically.

Dolores Umbridge smiled. “You ought to keep a better watch on your daughter, Anton. My committee has confiscated several love letters between your daughter and that Weasley boy.
My, plenty of secrets in those.” She warned.

Hours after his shift, he ended up at the headquarters. Molly was cleaning up, preparing them to go back to the Burrow. “Why hello, Anton. I didn’t expect you today.”

“Molly, keep your son away from my daughter.” He warned coldly.

“What?” she asked, confused.

“I said; keep your son away from my daughter. He’s been giving her secrets about the Order. I’m keeping her safe, Molly. I’m not going to lose her.”

“Anton, taking away what she wants will ruin your relationship. You will lose her.” Molly said gently.

Anton gave her an angry look. “I am keeping her safe.” He stated. “Make sure he stays away from her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooh snap.
last chapter is next, then the sequel starts. I want to finish this story up by the last HP movie because George's story is sort of a continuation of this.