Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

30.

It was the end of the year. Elise was packing her things to go home.

It had been a depressing school year. She’d heard nothing from Fred all year. He never sent her anything. She guessed it was really over. She was sure he’d gotten all of those letters; the owl came back. She spent her entire year waiting and she supposed it was over now.

“Hey, stop sulking. We just finished school!” Roseanne said. Brigitte was already packed and gone for her internship in Egypt. Nanette was leaving in a couple minutes for her job in the Swiss Ministry of Magic. Roseanne was going to work at the Salem Witches Institute. Elise was supposed to be going home to England to work for the Ministry. Her dad wasn’t too happy about it, but he needed to get over that.

“I know, I just miss him, that’s all.” Elise said.

Roseanne sighed. “You really love him, don’t you?”

Elise nodded. “He was everything to me for the short time I was there.” She said. “I felt like he was the reason I was happy.”

Roseanne sighed again. “It’s time to grow up, Lise. We can’t have those kinds of relationships forever.”

Elise nodded. “I suppose you’re right.”

Roseanne hugged her. “Besides, our lives are just turning perfect now.”

Elise hugged her back tightly. “I can’t believe you’re going back to the US.”

“We’ll cross paths again. I promise.” Roseanne said. “Now, let’s get you packed.”

Elise packed her things and said goodbye to the girls who remained. She went by floo to her new flat. Her dad purchased her one in London about a five minutes’ walk from Diagon Alley. After unpacking her things, she sat on the floor and stared all around her.

This was it. She was on her own. At the age of eighteen, she was really grown up.
And she had no one.

Elise went for a walk through the alley. Things seemed slower than usual; the return of Voldemort had scared a lot of people into hiding. Elise walked around, looking at the sleepy surroundings.

There seemed to be one shop well in business. She walked faster to see what it was; a crowd of kids huddled outside in the windows.

Elise pushed her way into the building. It was what she really thought it was-Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. It was so colorful and bright. She laughed to herself, knowing the twins had masterminded this. She looked at the love potions and laughed and the bottle
description.

This product is bound to get you a man faster than a veela.

She walked up to a sales clerk in magenta robes. “Excuse me, but are Fred and George in?” she asked.

The girl stared her down. “No M’am, Mr. and Mr. Weasley stepped out for tea with some ladies.” She said.

Elise was heartbroken. Fred probably had a new girlfriend. She thanked the girl and set off back for her flat.

Elise tried not to cry as she walked. She passed the tea shop, not bothering to look. She knew they were in there, but she couldn’t bring herself to.

She was eighteen, on her own, and alone.

*~*~*~*

“Oi there, Verity, did you stock the new items?” Fred asked.

“Yes Mr. Weasley.” The petite witch claimed.

Fred and George skipped out on the end of school. Who really needed a NEWT anyway? It wasn’t like they checked up on those credentials when they were working. As long as they cranked out products that made kids happy, it got them money.

He and George were insanely successful. They were running mail order catalogues plus their Diagon Alley store. They were planning on buying Zonkos, but since Voldemort’s return was confirmed, they decided that staying in Diagon Alley was the best option for them.

People needed a laugh during times like this.

The summer was starting and kids were already stocking up on joke products for the next school year. He couldn’t help but feel successful.

The only thing missing from his life was Elise.

He’d never heard from her. His letter was delivered, but she never replied. He spent the whole year waiting on her. He didn’t get a thing. And when his mother told him to stop seeing her, he knew that it was over. It had to be.

Their love…it didn’t mean a thing.

Anyway, it was a busy day in the shop again and Fred was selling their new Pygmy Puffs. They were a bitch to breed, but they were a downright best seller of theirs along with their melting Umbridge doll. After the woman got sacked, everyone went crazy for them.

“Oi, Fred, we’ve got visitors!” George yelled from the front.

Fred ran to the front of the store to see Angelina and Alicia. Smiling, he hugged Angelina tightly. “It’s a damn good sight to see you.”

“Good to see you too, Fred. Fancy a cup of tea?” she asked.

Fred nodded. “Verity, you can control the store!” he called to the frantic looking girl.

He and George went to tea with the girls. They discussed business with them. Alicia was playing for the Harpies reserve team. Angelina was working for a muggle law firm. They
were happy with their lives-somehow.

“Are you in touch with Elise now?” Angelina asked gently.

Fred shook his head. “Haven’t talked to her in ages…I suppose she’s happy though. I like to think she is.” He stated.

“You two love each other.” Angelina said.

Fred took a sip of his tea. “It doesn’t mean a thing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.
don't worry, the sequel will be up next weeeeek(: