Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

4.

Taking her train case, Elise wandered around desperately. A tall man was calling for first years, so she approached him. “Excuse me, sir, I’m a new student. Not a first year, but I’m a transfer. Where am I exactly supposed to go?” she asked.

The tall man smiled. “Well hello then, I’m Hagrid, the groundskeeper. I was told of you; Professor McGonagall was supposed to be down here to escort you to be sorted.”

A tabby cat flew out of nowhere. It morphed into a human woman, in her late sixties. She smiled at Elise. “You must be Elise Seymour, welcome to Hogwarts. Professor Dumbledore has spoken very highly of your skills, as has Madame Maxime in her letter of recommendation.”

The two were escorted to a separate trail on a horseless carriage. “You will be the first student into the castle this year. Now, I myself as well as most of the staff was wondering why you have chosen to transfer during your sixth year.”

Elise sighed. “Beauxbatons was just not a place for me. Even though I’m only in my sixth year, I didn’t feel challenged. The spells they were teaching were elementary, and even my advanced classes were boring me, even though they were seventh year level. That, plus the charm school was killing me.” She said, rolling her eyes. “Ballroom dancing and tea pouring is not wizardry.”

McGonagall chuckled lightly. “Then it sounds, my dear, that you will have a much different life
here at Hogwarts. Have you heard of the houses?”

Elise nodded. “Yes…I must say, Gryffindor entices me the most. Ravenclaw is alright, but I don’t want to be surrounded by braniacs all the time.”

McGonagall chuckled again. “I am head of Gryffindor. I commend you on your choice, but it is up to the hat to decide.”

Elise was taken into the Great Hall. Just the teachers sat there, looking at the new student curiously. The elderly headmaster, Dumbledore, smiled at her.

“Ah, everyone, this is Elise Seymour, a new student of ours. A brilliant witch, no doubt. Now, let us sort our new student into a house.” He said, bemused. She sat on a stool and a raggedy hat was placed on her.

“Ah, a Seymour. I haven’t seen one of you in decades…last one was probably your father. Yes, a very valiant Gryffindor, however shadowed by that Potter boy and his lot. Tried his hardest at being a good prefect, but just couldn’t handle them…a smart student, of course. Ah, do I detect a hint of veela? Yes, it is very strong…half, but you possess the hair of your father. Very bright and cunning, perfect for Ravenclaw, but you don’t want to be around brainy people I suppose, they annoy you it seems. You’re not one for Hufflepuff then, they love loyalty. I do sense it in you, but it comes second in you…not a Slytherin, half bloods don’t mix well, and you’re already disgusted by them…that leaves one choice, simply the best-Gryffindor!”

Just as the hat yelled it out, the doors opened. Loads of students filed in, sitting at respective tables. Professor McGonagall smiled at Elise. “Very well, the Gryffindor table is the one to your left. You will find, Miss Seymour, the necessary ties and other uniformity on your bedside in your room. I will inform the prefect of your grade and house to assist you.”

Elise awkwardly walked down the steps toward the table. She saw the two red haired twins she encountered at the World Cup; the taller twin with darker red hair had his arm around a girl’s waist. They didn’t notice her. She usually walked with a confident gait, but she hated being the new girl.

She heard a cough and saw a small red haired girl sitting next to a girl with bushy brown hair, another red haired boy, and a boy with jet black hair.

“If you want, you can sit next to me.” She said in a squeaky voice.

Elise took the seat gratefully. “Hi, I’m Elise Seymour.” She said, shaking their hands.

The girl smiled. “I’m Ginny Weasley. You moved into the house next to mine, above the hill. This is my older brother, Ron.” She said.

Elise smiled at him, and he waved, almost enchanted by her. She winked, knowing her effects.

The brown haired girl coughed. “I’m Hermione Granger.” She said.

Elise smiled and nodded at her as well. The boy across from her cleared his throat. “I’m Harry, Harry Potter.”

Elise shook his hand again, trying not to make him feel special because of who he was. Truthfully, she knew he was very powerful and had heard about him before.

“So where are you from?” Hermione asked.

“I went to Beauxbatons and I hated it. Truthfully, I’m kind of glad I’m here. I wasn’t at first, but then I remembered why I hated it in the first place.” She said. “I’m a sixth year.”

Ron nodded. “My two older brothers are sixth years, those two bone headed twins up there.” He said, nodding his head towards them.

Elise chuckled. “Ah, yes, I had an encounter with them at the World Cup.”

After Dumbledore’s speech, Elise heard that Beauxbatons was coming to compete with them and that several students would be staying. Great-the seventh years who made her life hell were coming. That was just great.

Elise sat back after bidding the trio and Ginny goodbye; she saw a dark skinned girl talking to McGonagall. The girl approached her. “You’re Elise?”

Elise nodded. “Yes, you must be my prefect.” She joked.

The girl smiled. “I’m Angelina Johnson. Welcome to Hogwarts.”
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of slow...next chapter, the Weasleys are back (:
and notice the reference about Harry's dad and the Marauders...Elise's dad was meant to be a Prefect around the time the Marauders started at Hogwarts, not as in he was in the same grade. Just sayin.