Status: One-Shot; Completed

Sick Little Games

one.

That was the last time Zack Merrick would let Jack Barakat cook for him.

Eventually, Rian had heard enough whining from Zack, and refused to go through another sleepiness night to the sounds of Zack puking from the food poisining he'd received from the raw fish Jack fed him, and locked him in the back lounger every night.

They were currently in Chicago, and while someone was filling in for Zack during shows, he was stuck waiting for everyone in the back lounge with nothing to do but play Halo and watch crappy movies.

His band mates were leaving to hang out with some fans, and Alex voiced to him that it might be a good idea for him to get some fresh air.

"Zack really, I think it will help." Alex watched as Zack groaned, holding his stomach as he lay sideways on the couch.

"I can barely move man. Just sign stuff for me." He knew his sucky comedic acts wouldn't get him anymore, but he figured it was worth a shot.

"Fine, sit here and be lonely. But can I have your sharpie? I lost mine." Alex asked, arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah whatever. Just bring it back."

Rolling his eyes, Alex mumbled a 'Whatever' and shut the door to the back lounge, Zack's Sharpie in his hand.

Zack usually loved being alone because it was rare he was allowed time with himself, but since a young age, he's hated being alone when he's sick.

This time was no different.

He debated calling Matt Colussey, but he'd probably be taking shots with Rian right about now.

Vinny came to mind, but that idea quickly left his him when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

Reaching between himself and the couch cushion, he grabbed his phone and noticed there was an un-opened message.

G. Nickelsen:Where are you?

Zack was confused to say the least. As far as he knew The Maine was in New England somewhere. Why would Garrett want to know where he was?

To G. Nickelsen:Bus, why?

Zack was really too tired to do anything right now, much less have a conversation of any kind with someone, despite the fact he wanted some company.

G. Nickelsen:Just wondering ;)

Zack rolled his eyes, stuffing his phone under the pillows beneath his head and closed his eyes in hopes of getting a little sleep.

*****

"Zack, wake up." Feeling someone shaking his sweatshirt clad body, he opened his eyes slowly to see Alex standing above him.

"Jack and I are gonna go hang out with The Maine boys."

Zack looked up at Alex, a sad look in his eyes. "Oh, okay."

Alex smiled down at his friend, "Don't worry. Garrett's coming to hang with you."

Zack's heart fluttered at the sound of his bassist friends name, and nodded excitedly at Alex, who laughed and ruffled his hair before walking out the door.

A few moments later Garrett entered the room, a smile on his face.

"H-hi Garrett." Zack said, sitting up on the couch, trying to look like less of a slob.

Garrett smiled at how nervous Zack was, moving further into the room and taking a seat next to him.

"How're you feeling? Alex said you've been sick." At the word 'sick' Garrett brought a hand up to place it on Zack's forehead gently, much like a mother would check a young child for a fever.

"I'm um, not feeling so good. Jack gave me food poisoning."

Moving his hand back to his lap, Garrett laughed; "Jack told me not to listen to a word you said. He said you were delusional because you're sick."

Zack rolled his eyes; he should have expected that from Jack.

"You wanna watch a movie? Maybe that'll getch'yer mind off being sick." Garrett suggested, standing up to scan the many DVD's Zack had scattered on the floor; That was all he'd been doing for the past week.

"How about Saw?" He held it up to show Zack, laughing when his friends eyes went wide. He'd take that as a no.

"Alright, then let's just watch the one I brought."

Zack smirked, "You brought a movie with you?"

Garrett blushed, reaching into the bag Zack hadn't notice he brought in with him, and plucked a DVD from the inside pocket.

"Don't laugh at me." Garrett put the DVD into the player and passed through all the previews and waited for the menu screen to load.

Zack couldn't hold in his laughter when he read the title of the DVD Garrett brought with him.

"27 Dresses, Gare? Really?"

Garrett didn't answer him and instead pressed play, walking back to the couch and sitting down comfortably next to Zack.

"Shut up! I had money left on my Blockbuster gift card and got it on the way over."

"Huh, yeah okay. Just admit you love it." Zack laughed.

"Shut up, you love this movie." Garrett mused, smirking at Zack.

It was Zack's turn to blush, shoving his hands further into his sweatshirt sleeves and hiding his face behind them.

It was true. It was one of Zack's favorites and Garrett was the only one that knew that.

Moving Zack's hands from his face, Garrett spoke,"Hey, stop being embarrassed. This is supposed to help you feel better."

Looking down at his own hands being held in Garrett's, Zack's heart rate increased and he felt his face flush. His hands began to feel clammy and they started to shake.
He prayed to anyone who would listen that Garrett didn't notice.

Of course, Zack was never too religious, and never really believed in that stuff too much, but if there was a God, he must hate Zack, because Garrett noticed, and Zack blushed hard.

"S-sorry." Zack stuttered, taking his hands back and putting them on his lap. He wished Alex never let Garrett on the bus.

"It's okay Zack. So I make you nervous, no biggie." Garrett smirked at him, putting a hand on his knee.

That fucker... Zack thought, clenching his teeth together.

"I'm just doing it to piss you off you know."

Looking at Garrett, Zack saw him smiling, and had to try hard to not smile back.

"Yeah I know." He looked back at the TV, where that stupid chick flick Garrett bought was playing.

"Oh, so you are mad?" Garrett asked, moving his body closer to his friend.

Zack nodded, wiggling slightly to try to move away from the fellow bassist, but not so much that he would notice.

"That's good I guess." Garrett wrapped an arm around Zack's shoulder, pulling the man closer to his side.

"Why are you torturing me?" Zack asked, pushing on Garrett's ribs to move him away.

"Don't know. Maybe 'cause I like you?" Garrett placed a kiss to the top of Zack's head, making the younger boy stop his movement.

"No you don't." he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Do to."

"No Garrett, you don't."

"Then why do you think I came over here to take care of you?" Garrett asked, playing with a strand of Zack's hair; He secretly wished he'd grow it out to curly locks again, but he would never tell Zack that.

"Because you're a good friend and Alex told you to."

Sighing, Garrett took his arm back, getting off the couch and straightening his jeans.

"Where are you going?"
Zack didn't want him to leave, and he knew that Garrett wouldn't leave him while he's sick.
At least he hoped not.

"I thought we were closer than that Zack."

"What are you talking about?" The dark blonde-haired boy was confused to say the least.

"Well, before I was pretty sure we knew each other well enough."

"What the hell are you talking about Garrett?" Zack's right hand was twitching to hit Garrett, but he knew that if he did, the younger man would never talk to him again.

"I figured we knew each other enough to realize that kind of thing." Garrett's voice was quiet and his back was to Zack now.
Zack wanted to reach out and hug him at that moment; He looked so upset and broken. He instantly regretted wanting to hit him.

"I'm sorry Garrett. I didn't-"
Garrett interrupted Zack.

"No, it's fine." Garrett looked up at Zack for fraction of a second, and instantly looked down again after seeing the guilty look in Zack's eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you Gary." Zack whispered, walking forward to place a tentative hand on his friends shoulder.

When the younger man didn't pull away, Zack moved closer, wrapping both arms around Garrett and putting his head on the youngers back.

"Hey Zack?" Garrett whispered, tentatively putting his hands on Zack's arms.
Zack hummed as a response.

"Can I ask you something?" Garrett wiggled, squeezing himself in the older boys arms to turn around completely so they were facing each other.

"Uh, y-yeah." Zack blushed, noticing that they're faces were extremely close together.

"C-can I," Zack heard Garrett swallowed a lump in his throat, "kiss you?"

Zack felt his heart stop within a second, only to feel it start up again and skip a beat one more time. His face heated up to a bright red and his breath was coming out in short gasps. He felt his palms get sweaty again, and they were shaking considerably.
Garrett had his hands around Zack's neck, and the fact that he was playing with the little hairs at the base of Zack's neck didn't help at all.

"Uhm, I- I guess."

Zack's heart rate increased again as he watched Garrett bit his lip, a light blush covering his cheeks.

He leaned in, putting his nose on Zack's, feeling more nervous then he was before he came over.

"Hey Gare?" Zack asked, nuzzling his nose on his friends cheek.

"Y-yeah?"

"Don't be nervous; It's just me." He whispered, hoping it would give the younger man some sort of comfort.

Garrett smiled slightly, swallowing once more before leaning down and tentatively pressing his lips to Zack's.

Zack loved the feel of his lips against Garrett's. His lips were soft, not chapped like his own. Their lips molded together perfectly, moving against one another in perfect sync.

Zack slipped his arms down to place them on Garrett's hips to hold himself up; He was feeling weak in the knees already.

Zack tried hard not to pout when Garrett pulled away, a smile evident on his tan features.

"You might get sick now, dumb ass." Zack smirked at Garrett, his thumb circling into Garrett's hips.

"Yeah, well I guess we'll just have to find something to occupy our time, won't we?" He smirked, leaning down and pressing his lips to Zack's again.

Zack was kind of happy he got sick, because if he hadn't, he wouldn't be making out with the boy he used to dream of kissing.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
I actually really like this.
Make me smile; Comments? Thoughts?