‹ Prequel: Teachers Pet.

Creep.

The Cure.

“Wake up.” The cold voice startled me to consciousness, but the arms I fell asleep in were still tightly formed around my waist. I tried to wiggle myself away from Snape, but he held on.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry sir.” I stuttered trying to pull away from my teacher. Snape looked down at me quizzically before leaning down to kiss me. My arms wrapped around him again in encouragement, Snape rolled us over so he was on top and kissed me harder. What scared me most is I wasn’t completely disgusted...Still creeped out...but I was more...willing? The potions Master trailed his hands from my hips to my face; he cradled it gently and stroked my cheeks with his thumbs. He broke the kiss and looked me in the eyes kindly. He started to tremble as the words started to form on his lips.
“I love you.”
“Sir?” When I spoke my voice cracked, making me sound like a boy trying to reach puberty.
“I-
I was interrupted by knocking on Snape’s door. We both looked at each other in panic. Snape tossed me off the bed and I quickly crawled under it. The door opened and I saw feet appear in front of the bed.
“Della Fletcher is not in her room.” My heart stopped dead in my chest. It was Dumbledore.
“She was in the rest room; the impudent wretch must have taken a detour.” Ouch.
“She is dangerous to the other students, Severus; you must keep a close eye on her. You never know what she is capable of doing.”
“I believe she is ignorant of her ability sir, she wouldn’t be using this gift to a full extent.”
“Make sure she stays that way Severus.” With that he was gone. ‘Severus’ pushed the bed so I could crawl out.
“What gift?” I asked before I was pushed out of his room, the door slammed in my face.
“Jackass.” I muttered before making my way back up to the dormitory. As I pushed open the door Leigha was standing on her bed to look in her mirror.
“Hey, sleepyhead.” She smiled while she applied her thick black eyeliner.
“Don’t you sleepyhead me, I just spent the night in a room, I should never have been in!” I shouted pointing at her accusingly.
“What happened?” She asked in panic as she jumped off her bed and ran toward me. I turned away from her and grabbed my uniform off the nightstand. My other roommate Emily was pulling on her vest but looking to me with the same panic.
“I’ll tell you what happened, that sleep potion Leigha made me drink, is a super dandy love potion!” I screamed stripping out of my pyjamas and into my uniform. Both of my friends began to laugh uncontrollably.
“Are you serious?” Emily asked while she regained composure.
“Yes, I am one-hundred present serious, however, I would be laughing too if the circumstances didn’t involve a scary teacher!” both my roommates faces dropped. Leigha’s turned to shock.
“Leigha, exactly what potion did you use?” Emily asked slowly.
“The Safeheartous...” Leigha shrugged and walked back to her desk.
“What’s going on with who and a teacher?” Our pain in the ass roommate Maria asked. She strolled in with her uniform perfectly straight and tidy and homework in her arms.
“Della got detention with Snape because we dared her to prank a Gryffindor.” Emily covered quickly while Leigha just nodded.
“I swear you guys, one day Della’s going to be expelled because of you.” My friends and I looked at each other with panic.
“And I heard what you said about the Safeheartous potion, you guys better not be thinking of using that on school grounds. It could get you in a lot of trouble.
“Yeah, yeah we got it pencil pusher.” I muttered falling onto my bed.
“Feel free to bugger off anytime.” Emily smiled as Leigha stood in confusion.
“I am serious! You guys will be wishing you listened to me when someone falls for a teacher!” We all stiffened.
“And I will be the first to shine the light on your idiotic behaviour.”
“Alright, listen here tattle-tale. If you don’t want to be turned into the rat you are, I suggest you beat it.” Maria ignored Leigha’s warning and sat on her bed.
“I don’t have to go anywhere. This is my room too, and if you lay one hand on me. I’ll tell Professor Snape.” I began to laugh hysterically.
“You do that; see where that get’s you. Snape steps on rats.”
“Della, you’re forgetting one thing, you are under Snape’s supervision for the rest of the year, he see’s you’re out of line. You’ll be punished.” She smiled widely. How the hell did she know I was under Snape’s supervision?
“You’ve been spying on me again haven’t you?” I growled striding toward the weasel. She jumped up and ran for the door.
“I haven’t been spying, I know you. You would do anything for Severus Snape’s attention you filthy muggle lover!” I clamped my teeth shut to refrain for shouting vulgar words in alphabetical order at her. Maria ran from the room and Emily slammed the door behind her.
“You know, this whole ‘Della and Snape’ thing is getting really old.” She sighed walking over to her bed and crashing on it.
“Really, how do you think I feel?” I snapped falling to the floor so I could grab my shoes from under the bed.
“So who’s the guy you feel safe with?” Emily asked pushing her books into her bag.
“Excuse me?” I asked looking up from my sneaker.
“The Safeheartous, brings deep hidden emotion of safety to the surface. Whoever you trust the most, you grow a deep love for. And become, I guess, love sick.” I smacked my head and fell onto my back. Goddamnit.
“Make sure everyone is downstairs.” I muttered. My friends circled the room and checked the door before coming over to me. Emily sat next to me while Leigha stood in front of me.
“Who’s lucky number one?” Leigha asked crossing her arms.
“Professor Snape.” Both of the girls gasped and shot away from me.
“Leigha, look what you’ve done!” Emily shouted throwing a pillow at my friend.
“It was an accident, and it’s Della’s fault for holding a torch creepy old men!”
“She only is holding a torch because she trusted him as an instructor and mentor, It’s your fault she actually loves him now!” Emily shouted. “Don’t try to pin this on anyone else man, We have to fix this!” I watched my best friends bicker and rant before the door swung open. Snape was standing in the door eyeing us. Everyone went silent.
“Breakfast ends in ten minutes. I suggest if you want time to get to your classes, you leave immediatly.” He mumbled in his cold monotone voice. The girls and I walked to the door and made our way to potions. Emily took my hand and pulled me into the classroom.
“Alright, let’s go over three rules. One, trousers stay on no matter what.”
“Emily!” I cried falling into my desk. However she ignored me.
“Two, don’t look at him for more than a minute at a time, anymore than a minute might cause drooling, Three. Please, please don’t get into any trouble.” With that last word Snape strode into the classroom hastily. Other teenagers started to fill in. Snap flicked his wands at the shutters so the room became dark.
Oh god.
Class began to drag on slowly. Snape seemed distant and less aware of what he was teaching, his eyes catching mine every five seconds seemed to be the cause for his lack of attention.
Snape was in the middle of a lecture when something started poking at my hand. I looked down to see a little paper man pulling and tugging at my fingers. I glanced at Emily who gave me a thumbs up, and a big smile. I rolled my eyes and crushed the little man with my hand, he kicked a bit giving my palm paper cuts, but soon enough he stopped. Slowly I pulled my hand off the table and into my lap. When I unfolded the man, there was a drawing of me drooling. Then flashed to a figure which I am guessing is Snape standing with his wand in a superhero pose. I rolled my eyes and stifled a laugh. Pressing my lips together tightly while I began to pocket the drawing, as my hand grazed my trousers a hand caught my wrist and the paper was pulled from my fingers roughly. In panic I glanced to my right to see Snape pocketing Emily’s drawing. She slapped my arm and kicked the stool beneath me. I just kept watching as my lovely teacher walked to his desk. The class began to write down notes of his lecture, all except Emily and me. As Snape pulled open the crumpled paper he watched the doodle play out Emily’s artwork. He glanced up from it and raised his eyebrow at me. I gave him a smirk and started to pretend to do my work.
“Dude, he knows. He knows I know. I don’t want to follow him around!” Emily whispered harshly in my ear.
“Relax; you’re not that great of an artist, that thing look like superman with long hair and a yardstick.” Emily smacked me again and looked toward Snape.
“Thank you very much student of the year, it’s nice to know my work is loved by an artist such as yourself. Now honestly, why would you ever trust hook nose over there, he is so creepy and pale...greasy.” I squeezed my quill tightly in anger and glared at Emily. As I stared her down I felt my quill break in my hand. My attention flicked back to my hand to see ink all over my paper and fingers.
“Smooth.” Emily commented patting my back as Snape looked over at us; he rolled his eyes at my mess and threw a handkerchief at my desk. I began to mop up the ink as Snape announced class was over. Emily and Leigha stayed behind with me, as well as Draco. Emily and I moped up the ink as Draco and Leigha flirted it up.
“Miss Fletcher.” I stared at Emily until Severus spoke again.
“Come. Here.” Slowly I turned around to face him, and just as slow I made my way to his desk.
“Yes?” I asked looking down at my stomach as I felt the butterflies start up frenzy, as well as the need to vomit. Snape held up the paper between his index and middle finger. I hesitated taking the drawing, but my shaky fingers soon enough took the stupid note. My fingers grazed his hand, shooting sparks through those stupid butterflies. As I went to pull my hand back, Severus reached out and grabbed my wrist.
“I’d wish to see no more notes in my class.” I nodded quickly, blushing a deep red. Snape let go of my hand allowing me to run out of the classroom leaving my friends and cousin behind. Just as quickly they left the room too. I slid down the wall and stared at Leigha.
“You better fix this.” I snarled watching her face fall.
“Della, I’m sorry, I have no idea what to do.” Leigha apologized crouching down in front of me. I bowed my head into my knees and closed my eyes to stop the tears about to come. Stupid mind making me cry when I’m angry. Emily sat down next to me and hugged me close to her.
“Don’t worry man, we’ll fix this.” I nodded into her chest and wrapped my arms around my friend. Draco looked around at us before speaking.
“What’s going on?” He asked stupidly. We all glared at him and he shut up. Snape walked out of the classroom, he glanced at me before striding down the hall. What the hell am I going to do? Snape thinks I love him. And I do And I don’t. What if it only took a second time for the charm to kick in? What If I end up going down to his room again? My stomach began to do back flips. Most importantly, what if he gets tired of making out?
“Common, Della. I’ve got an idea.” Emily smiled, I reached out and took hold of my roommates hand. Emily pulled me to my feet.
“Where are we going?” Draco asked following us down the hall.
“We, are going to find a book. You are going upstairs and laying in Della’s bed.” Emily said.
“No, I’m coming with you. Leigha can go lay in Della’s bed.”
“No, We need Leigha, because this is her fault. You have to lay in Della’s bed with the covers over you. Snape has to think she is in there.”
“No, find someone else.”
“If you do, I’ll ask that girl you like out for you.” In that moment Draco turned on his heel and made his way to my dorm.
“ I hate you guys!”
“Let’s go.”

“Give me that, you are reading the wrong section you idiot!”
“You shut up and let me do my job!” Emily whispered harshly slapping Leigha on the head with a book. In return Leigha shook the ladder Emily was on, causing her to fall onto me.
“Enough!” I snapped pushing Emily into a shelf.
“We need to do this quickly, Snape should be looking for me, he’ll know that Draco isn’t me by now!” I looked over my shoulder at the door and then back to Emily. Leigha went back to looking through the books Emily placed on the table next to us, and Emily began to read the articles Leigha thought would be useful. My part was to answer questions and explain symptoms, or rule out what was...well just dumb.
“Found something!” Emily yelled jumping over to me.
“Look!” She beamed pointing to a page in a really beat up book.
“Safeheartous Charm is often used in the case of blind love. The Safeheartous brings deep hidden emotions of trust to the surface and turn it into love. Taking away the need for physical attraction.” I looked over at Leigha then to Emily.
“Good job you found a definition.” I muttered turning around to find another book. What I turned to was much scarier. Professor Snape was entering the library.
“Shit!” I hissed ducking into another shelf.
“Hide the evidence!” Emily panicked pushing books into the shelf randomly. Leigha ran toward Snape, this can’t be good.
“Hey Professor!” She greeted stopping in front of him, Snape nodded to her but kept scanning the library. I crawled into another section and stayed low, while Emily ‘acted natural’.
“I have a question about something.” Snape looked down at her and raised an eyebrow.
“So a friend of mine is an insomniac, and I used a spell to put her to sleep.” Snape cut her off and began to walk away and Leigha wasn’t pleased about it.
“Your ignorance to this spell got you into this situation, you must educate yourself to get out.” He muttered walking down the aisle I was hiding in. I panicked and ran down a different aisle and pretended to be looking for a book. After about five minutes of this I decided the coast was clear, I was wrong. When I turned around Snape was directly behind me.
“Hell!” I grabbed my heart and gasped. I think I just died inside.
Snape didn’t speak he just watched me. Uncomfortably I started to shift my weight from side to side.
“Hello professor Snape.” I breathed, the butterflies began to kick up and fly around my stomach. Snape nodded at me and stood still with his arms crossed. I looked toward Emily who was holding a book up to me, mouthing “I found it” at me.
“I have to go to the bathroom.” I blurted out looking back to the teacher in front of me.
“Excuse me.” I rushed walking past him quickly, Snape’s hand brushed mine as I passed, causing chills to ripple down my spine. I broke into a run to the bathroom, Leigha right behind me. We both burst into the restroom to see Emily bouncing up and down.
“Found the cure, I found the cure!” She sang opening the book to a page with a recipe.
“This will take a month to make, but after you take this everything will be fine and dandy!” She smiled throwing her arms into the air.
“A month!” Leigha and I shouted in unison.
“Em, I don’t know if you’re aware, we don’t have a month! What if I become Snape’s play toy!” Both of my friends gagged and then laughed.
“She’s right, Emily. Is there an alternative?” Leigha asked jumping onto the ledge of the sink to sit down.
“The only other way is to get Snape to release her with this spell.” Emily explained pointing to the book.
“But that could be far more dangerous and weird.” We all nodded and looked over into the book.
“How do we get all of this?” I asked admiring all the ingredients.
“Uhm, ha. Yeah this is kinda where you come in.” Emily smiled nervously.
“We have everything but two key ingredients.” I looked at Emily suspiciously.
“When Snape falls asleep you have to sneak into his room and find these two vials.” I looked into the book to see two sketchy looking bottles.
“Oh no!” I cried making my way to the door.
“You have to! You’re the only one he won’t ask questions from if he see’s you in his room! Cuddle with him, he falls asleep, find the potions and come upstairs.” Emily argued
“I can’t just stroll on into his room and steal from him, What if he wakes up while I am looking around!”
“Pretend you made a noise on purpose and sexy dance or something!” Leigha yelled
“Gross!” I shouted picking up my bag and rushing out of the bathroom back to the library, Snape was gone. I pulled my head phones out of my shirt and pushed them into my ears. I needed to calm down, I pulled the iPod from my pocket and turned it on shuffle as I made my way outside.
I pushed my way into the cold air as the song began to play.

Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide

Make a wish when your childhood dies
Hear the knock, knock, knock when she cries
We're all alone tonight

Hold your breath when a blackbird flies
Count to seventeen and close your eyes

I’ll keep you safe inside

He burns
My skin
Never mind about the shape I’m in
I’ll keep you safe tonight


My body froze, I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at my toes. My stomach kicked up in frenzy after that last line was sung in my ear. I listened harder for the next line.

Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow

Everybody hide

Blow a kiss at the methane skies
See the rust through your playground eyes
We’re all in love tonight. (In love tonight)

Leave the dream where the fallout lies
Watch it grow where the tear stain dries
To keep you safe tonight

He burns
My skin
Never mind about the shape I’m in
I’ll keep you safe tonight
yeah

Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide

Love, love, love won’t stop this
Bomb, bomb, love won't stop this
Bomb, bomb, love won't stop this bomb

Run, run, bunny run
Move your body when the sunlight dies
Everybody hide your body from the scarecrow
Everybody hide

I guess even the weirdest songs can sing me my feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I'm happy with this.
Thoughts?

The song in the chapter is:

S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
By My Chemical Romance.