Last Christmas

Landon

I watched him walk towards my house. He had a huge overcoat on, and it had double rows of buttons going down it, the white buttons contrasting against the black coat. He trudged through the deep snow. It was only lightly snowing after the storm, but you only had to look to the sky to see that another storm was only brewing.

What could he possibly want? I couldn't help but wonder.

The doorbell rang, and I contemplated not answering. "Landon, dear, get the door!" My mother called.

Sighing, I said, "Alright."

I walked towards the door and looked at the handle. Open it. I heard, and jumped slightly, looking around as I put my hand on the door nob, twisting it. When the door opened, I slowly trailed my eyes up from the ground, to look him in the face.

"Hello Landon." He said softly.

"H-Hi." I said, looking down at my shoes.

"Do you happen to have any sugar I could borrow?" He asked in that English accent of his.

"Uh..y-yeah. Come i-in." I said, and opened the door, holding it for him.

He smiled, walking in with a measuring cup.

I shut the door and walked slowly around him, going towards the kitchen. He followed me, and we walked in to see my mother pulling out a sheet of fresh cookies.

So that's what the yummy smell was...

"Oh, Hello Ethan." She said as she placed the cookies into a tin and left some on the table. "What are you here for dear?"

"I just need some-" "He needs some"

I blushed and looked down at my feet, I had a bad habit of doing that when nervous. Then I looked up at Ethan. He looked at me. We had spoken at the same time, and now neither of us were talking.

For a moment, I just got caught in his eyes, and wondered what he was thinking, what was he trying to portray through those deep blue orbs.

"Sugar." He said softly, startling me.

He turned towards my mother, "I just needed some sugar." He smiled.

The moment his eyes left my own, my face heated up.

Ethan handed my mother the sugar cup, then turned towards me. "I heard you can cook well?" He asked, and I was shaking my head, about to say no, when my mother decided to barge in.

"Oh, Landy's the best cook I know. He makes my recipes better than I do!" My mother exclaimed, and Ethan chuckled.

"Is this true Landy?" He asked, and my face got even redder, causing me to try and hide it with my hair.

I shrugged to avoid an answer.

"You should help my Sister and I bake a cake. That's what the sugar is for, and our mother isn't here this year for Christmas, some business meeting, so we have to make it ourselves. I'd love it if you helped us." He asked.

My eyes widened. "Uh...I....I mean I can't I uh..."

"Oh, Landy, go!" My mother said, and before I knew it, I was being ushered out the door.

The door slammed shut, and I was there looking at Ethan, who was holding a cup of sugar my mother had thrust into his hands.

"I g-guess I'll g-go with y-you." I whispered, and he smiled. We turned toward his house, and started walking up the sidewalk as the snow was too deep to walk through the yard.

The snow had lightened up, but it was only the calm before the storm.

I shivered, and Ethan placed an arm around my shoulder. I jumped a little, then looked beside me to see him smiling. "You looked cold." He whispered, and I nodded.

I slipped on a bit of black ice, and saw the sky, my head about to hit the ground, when I felt warm arms wrap around me, and Ethan's face was surprisingly close to mine.

I blushed. "I...." I began to speak, but my lips were otherwise occupied.

Ethan leaned in close and pressed his lips softly to mine. It felt amazing, no matter how much what I had seen last Christmas scared me.

He put just the right amount of pressure on my lips, and it wasn't went and slimy. No, it was soft and gently, a chaste kiss. Ever so softly, he pulled away, looking at me, my own eyes traveling between his eyes and those plump lips.

Gently, I shook my head, as Ethan helped me stand up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's ok." I blushed, and he gave me a small smile, wrapping his arm around my waist to make sure I didn't slip again. "So, w-what kind of c-cake a-are you mak-king?" I asked, my teeth chattering. I bit my lip to stop the noise.

He looked over at me as he held open his front door. "Triple Chocolate."
♠ ♠ ♠
all done this time:D