Last Christmas

Landon

Inside the house, there were decorations all over. “N-Nice decorations.” I whispered, and Ethan smiled.

“Thanks.” He said, He slid off his coat and took mine from me, placing them in the closet.

“W-where’s the k-kitchen?” I asked, and once we both slid off our boots as well, he led the way.

“Hello, sister, meet A.” He said, and I blushed, smiling.

“H-hello.” I whispered, and she awed at me.

“He’s so adorable!” She squealed, and Ethan stood between us.

“Now sister, don’t hurt him.” He turned to me. “She likes to give big bear hugs.” He explained and I shivered, a bear hug could very well squish me.

As he said that, I hid behind him, placing my hands on his arm and peeking from between his arm and his body.

“He’s so cute.” She continued, and I looked down at my feet, pressing myself against Ethan.

For a moment, it almost felt like he leaned back into my touch, but I mustn’t delude myself now should I? Even though he did just kiss me. But right after that, Ethan turned and slid his arms around my waist, pulling me close and burying his face into my neck.

My breathing stopped, as Ethan laughed softly, his warm breath fanning across my neck. “He is cute, isn’t he.” He murmured.

I blushed, and tried to stand back from him, but I tripped over my feet like the klutz I am, and he easily held me against his sturdy form.

Flushed, I pulled back, blushing like a madman. “Are you alright?” he asked, an amused smile on his face.

I nodded while keeping my head down.

His sister “Awwed” at me again, which was only causing my blush to deepen. “Landy, we’re going to be best friends because you are just that adorable.” She told me, and I laughed softly, “What?” She asked, “You don’t want to be my friend?” She pressed, and I shook my head.

“No, t-that’s not i-it, it’s j-just that y-you want t-to be my f-friend because I’m a-adorable?” I giggled, “T-That’s a f-funny r-reason.”

“But a good one!” She cried out.

“Y-your name’s S-saki r-right?” I asked, and she nodded. “J-just making s-sure.” I whispered.

“So, onto cake making.” Ethan said, going to the fridge. “So, Landon, you’re going to help us make the perfect cake right?” He asked, and I shrugged.

“I-I’ll t-try.” I told him, blushing as he put either of his hands on my hips, and kissing my cheek.

“Your stutter is adorable.” He told me, holding me close for a moment before letting go.

Saki looked like she was about ready to squeal.

“Uh…do you h-have the ingredients f-for the cake?” I questioned, and Ethan nodded.

He looked to Saki, “Will you bring in the tray?” He asked, and the girl nodded.

As she went to get the tray, Ethan leaned back on the counter, looking at me, and causing my cheeks to catch fire. I looked down at my fuzzy toe socks. “S-stop st-taring.” I stuttered, and he laughed softly.

“Why shouldn’t I stare?” He questioned, and walked towards me, putting both of his hands on my red cheeks. “You’re beautiful.” He whispered, and he was so close.

I could have leaned up only a millimeter and connected our lips. I saw him lick his lips and my eyes darted to them before going back to his eyes.

“Kiss me.” He said, “But only if you want.”

I was so scared, what if he didn’t really want me to and he was only doing this as a trick. What if he made fun of me after I did it?

I closed my eyes and leaned up that last millimeter, kissing his lips softly, just lip to lip contact, simple and sweet.

Then I felt his arms snake around my waist, and he deepens the kiss, he licks my lip softly and I squeak, not ready for that. He pulls back and kisses my lips once more, before leaning down and brushing my hair away from my neck, kissing there before taking a lick.

He smiled when he pulled away, “You taste good.” He laughed softly.

I blushed and looked at Saki who had just walked into the room.

She giggled, “I hope I’m not interrupting anything." She said before setting the tray on the counter.

As we got the supplies out and ready, I couldn't help but think about what Ethan said; "You taste so good."

I shivered, repeating it like a mantra in my head, don't think about last Christmas, don't think about last Christmas.

I didn't notice that Saki left the room, or that my hand movements stopped mixing the batter.

Starteled, I looked to see Ethan staring at me with sad eyes and a frown on his face. "Don't say that." He murmured, and leaned close, his frown deepening when I stiffened. "Do you know why I bit that man?" He asked, and I shivered, just as he mentioned it.

He turned and looked at me, sharp, think fangs elongated and jutting from his gums, then back to the man who had attacked him only moments before. I had noticed while I was playing in the snow.

With a lunge at the man, he tore out his throat, and the other man fell, but before he could touch the ground, Ethan had picked him up and thrown him into the woods with a strangely inhuman grace and strength.

Then, he turned back to me, smiling with the blood on his fangs and lips. "Everything's okay now." He said before I rain inside, screaming for Mother.


I was thrown back to that day, and then pulled back to this time by Ethan's lips on my own, gently and tender, only showing me kindness.

"I bit him so he wouldn't harm you, Landy...and I couldn't just let him hurt the boy I was....no am desperately in love with now could I?" He asked, and my eyes widened, as I backed up against the island counter.

"W-what?" I asked, looking at him astonished. That man was after me? and Ethan loved me? I'm not sure which was more impossible

He smiled a little. "I love you, is that so hard to believe?" He asked.

I frowned, "No b-but....y-you're a v-vamp-pire." I whispered to him, "W-won't you t-try t-to hur-rt me?" I asked, and he smiled sadly.

"No, not everything they say about vampires is true. It's literally impossible to harm those we love. It'd be worse than killing ourselves." He said, and leaned in to capture my lips, and I let him.

"I love you Landon...." He murmured into my hair, pulling me into a hug. "Be mine?" He asked, and giggling, I nodded.

"Y-yes, and Et-than?" I asked, and he looked down at me with a raised eyebrow. "T-thanks for sav-ving me." I whispered, and threw my arms around him, snuggling deeper into his chest. "I t-think I m-may love y-you too v-very s-soon." I told him, and he chuckled.

"I sure hope so, my beautiful Landon."
♠ ♠ ♠
you likey?

all finished:D