Unhealthy Attraction

1/1

Julie’s POV

He was amazing.

Gorgeous, caring, sensitive and protective.

What girl wouldn’t want him?

Yet... it was getting too much for me.

We didn’t go to the same school and yet we would see each other every day. He would always come around to my house every afternoon, always a new excuse.
In the beginning it was so cute and I felt so special. After the first week it was getting old but every time he came around in the second week it was to return something or tell me something because his phone had ‘broken’.

Don’t get me wrong he was a great boyfriend. He was always so caring and always there when I needed him and was always willing to talk but it just seemed a bit too much. He was so clingy, always wanting to know how I was feeling every two hours and he was always there, always never leaving me alone for more than a few hours, except when I slept.

The week before I meet him I had been reading Twilight and thinking how wonderful Edward was and then when Kane came along he just seemed so much like him. I guess my fantasies about a guy who was all about me were pretty wrong. I didn’t want a guy who was always wanting to talk and know how I’m feeling and thinking, and is always there, it’s just too much.

We were going out on Friday night and when the date was over I had planned on breaking it off. Planned being the operative word in that sentence since most of the time things I plan don’t go so smoothly.
He was taking me to the pier carnival, it was cute but also so common. Between Wednesday night and Friday I prepared myself, I was actually able to get Kane to leave me alone on Thursday by lying and saying I was behind with my homework. He offered to help me but I said it was an assignment I had to do by myself he just kept saying he could help and no one would notice; I just ended up hanging up on him, hanging up was easy pushing him out of the door wasn’t.

Kane’s POV

My plan was going well.

She was falling head over heels for me.

Soon enough there will only be me, she will only be able to think about me and I will be her life soon.

Girls are so easy to make fall in love with you. In the beginning you act all friendly and reliable, helping her when she needs it and if she doesn’t then you make a reason for her to need you even if that means paying someone to steal her purse, or follow her creepily home or in the extreme cases actually attack her.

Then, when you save them and take them out for coffee they’re so thankful and always say ‘yes’ when you ask them out, so easy. In those first few weeks you make sure you’re always there, taking her out or just hanging out with her. Make sure you ask her how she is and always see her every day. All girls like to know that a guy can’t stay away, though in the second week the charm can wear off a little so you need to have reasons to go around and see her, making them up isn’t that hard.

It was the end of the second week and time for the first kiss date. For this girl I was going to take her to the pier carnival, corny yes but it works. After the first kiss they are hooked with no reservations, of course you have to be a good kisser to hook her hard.

This Friday was the first kiss date with the new girls I’ve been dating; Crystal. She was sure to fall hard for me, sure she was getting a little annoyed with me being there all the time but after this date I had a plan to make that all better.

I didn’t have to rescue her in the beginning she was falling for me already, the beginning was pretty easy with her. Now however I knew she was having doubts about me and I needed the rescuer stunt to make sure she never would again. All girls like a hero.

Julie’s POV

Friday night.

I was ready and he was already sitting downstairs waiting for me. He had turned up early, no surprise. This was going to be our last date, I hoped. When he was in front of me he was irresistible. Over the phone or by txt I was able to think about him in a rational way but when he was there in front of me it was completely different.

His eyes were captivating and his hugs were so great, especially when he kissed me on the forehead. I like being in his presence but I hated what he said sometimes and how much he was around me. Mostly because there was so much other stuff that I wanted to do and when he was there I never did it, it was like he was becoming my life being around me so much and when I’m with him I don’t think about all those other things that I need to do.

I braced myself and made sure I had my plan clearly in my head as I walked downstairs. He was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking casual and amazing. I couldn’t help but be dazzled by his smile and then go in for a hug when I got to the bottom.

As he drove to the carnival I kept in mind my plan, I didn’t want it going astray because he dazzled me. I knew in a few weeks I would regret it and yet I wouldn’t do anything about it because I would have convinced myself it might work, I’d been through it all before.

I must say we were having a good time. We went on a few of the rides and played a few games, where of course he did the corny thing and won me a oversized stuffed toy that I didn’t actually want but smiled anyway and said ‘I love it’. The we went and had pizza and sat and talked a little, mainly about me that’s when I realised I didn’t actually know all that much about him but then remembered it didn’t matter anymore.

Kane’s POV

After the pizza I was starting to think that I wouldn’t need to pull the rescuer stunt, though I had already paid a guy to try and mug her and he was ready on my cue. Crystal couldn’t stop smiling and gazing into my eyes, I knew they were captivating. Being handsome was such an asset in wooing a woman, especially the eyes, women just love eyes. Crystal wasn’t so bad herself, then again if she wasn’t beautiful I wouldn’t have picked her, she just need a few adjustments to reach her full potential and I could bring those out in her.

I slowly walked her over to the bumper cars where some sort of warped classical yet creepy music was playing. Everyone else was just walking past but as we got close I stopped and placed one hand on her waist and held the other in mine at our shoulder height. She looked shocked, stunned and then blushed very red. This was the moment.

I didn’t say a word, just danced.

Julie’s POV

We were dancing.

In a moving crowd.

If I had liked him this would have been so romantic but it was just embarrassing, these people were trying to walk.

I knew that he was going to try and go in for a kiss soon and I was going to let him, and then I would leave. I had felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as he stopped to dance, then again for the second message that was my mum’s signal for when she had arrived.

Just like I knew he would he stopped and just stared at me.

‘You have beautiful eyes’ he whispered and then leant in. This whole time I had been thinking about the time one of my distant cousins had followed me around all Christmas holiday because he liked me, Kane and him had so many similarities and it grossed me out to the point of un-attraction.

He kissed me, hard. Right on the lips and it felt like I was kissing stone the way he tried to kiss me. I didn’t budge an inch into his ever tightening arms. After a moment he seemed to get annoyed that I wasn’t melting the way he thought I would and then he tried to pull me against him so I would lose my footing.

That’s when I did it.

“I’m sorry but I don’t want to do this anymore. Something is so addictive about you and I don’t like it.” Then I followed it up with some of the following words; annoying, clingy, demanding, controlling, loner, sad and finally the words ‘get a life’. With that I ran out of there as fast as I could.

I thought that was it...

Kane’s POV

I tried to kiss her and she didn’t respond.

It had never happened before.

I couldn’t believe it and then she breaks up with me and runs off.

I had to do something about it.

I gave the signal to the paid attacker for my rescuer stunt but this time there would be no rescue...