***in' Perfect

Lexi's song.

Alli POV-

"Oh dear God, Alexis," I said, laughing. When I laughed, Belle moved. She wiggled and kicked and punched. It was such a beautiful, amazing feeling. "What? You should come cheer me on! Dan can drive you down on the golf cart!" she replied. I shook my head and stared at my sister for a second. "Come on, Al...PLEASE!?" she begged. "Fine! I'll go...I can't believe you're doing this..." I replied.

Dan drove us down to the Jager tent on the golf cart. Zack and I stood off to the side with Dan while the contest went on. There were a few girls who acted pretty slutty and got a few pops from the crowd, but Lexi won because not only did she get drenched in water, but she doused herself in Jager. The smell was horrendous, but it won her five hundred bucks.

"I can't believe you drenched yourself in Jager," I said, covering my mouth. "I took the shirt off and put a different one on! Plus, I won five hundred bucks. That's half a g, Al...we're rich," she said, waving the money in front of me. I grabbed for it, but Lexi was too quick. "No ma'am. I'm getting my tattoo done in Atlanta when we go back," she told me. "So you just told me that we're rich...and you won't even share the money?" I asked. "You're pregnant, you can't get a tattoo," she said.

"I'm really dreading going back to Atlanta," I told her. Lexi nodded and stuffed the money in the pocket of her jeans. " I am, too. I don't want to go. I'm scared to run into Ashley or Amber," Lexi replied. Ashley and Amber were our little sisters, and they were our parents' favorites. They 'loved' Avenged Sevenfold, so they were sure to be at Uproar. That was the only common interest we had with our sisters, though. They were mainly into the guys for their looks, however, and not the music.

"You know they'd snitch to Mom and Dad," I said. "Fuck yeah they would! They'd be like oh, guess who we saw! Alli's pregnant, and they're supposedly dating Zacky Vengeance, but they're both lying bitches, so you know that's not true, blah, blah, blah," Lexi replied.

Lexi POV-

It sounded bad, but it was true. That's how our sisters were. When they were born five and seven years after we were, our parents stopped paying attention to us...not that they paid much attention to us the first five years anyway. Our parents were middle-class alcoholics with a gambling problem. Alli and I never asked for anything after we hit our teens because we'd learned that the answer was always going to be no. Let Ashley or Amber ask, though...they got exactly what they wanted, when they wanted it, no matter what it was or how much it cost. It wasn't fair, no, but it's how things were. Our dad beat us. Our mom screamed at us. The counselors at school asked if we were being abused on more than one occasion and the answer was always no. We were too scared of the consequences to tell the truth.

Dan helped me unload the VU merch and set up the booth while Alli drove the golf cart over to the booth. She wasn't one to sit idle, and though she was supposed to be resting, she was going to sit with me and sell merch. We could also see the show from where we were sitting that night, an added plus. "We're gonna do something we haven't done in a long time...Zacky V, come here for a second, brother," Matt's voice rang our over the speakers. I stood still, staring at the stage. "What about a little uh...Art of Subconscious Illusion?" he said to Zack. Zack smiled and nodded. "No fucking way," I said. "Oh...my fucking....holy mother of God," Alli added.

Zack POV-

I played the song like I'd been playing it all my life. I didn't miss a single chord. This was Lexi's song, and it had to be perfect. We played Alli's song almost every night. She loved Unholy Confessions. But Lexi was different, and she loved The Art Of Subconscious Illusion. It had taken a lot of convincing, but Matt finally gave in and said we could play it once for her. I couldn't tell from the stage, but I knew Lexi was probably standing on top of the table in the VU merch booth, singing every word. I hoped that she liked it. I hoped it made her happy, because that's all I wanted to give those girls...all the love and happiness in the world. I loved making them smile. They deserved it after the life they'd had growing up.