***in' Perfect

I understand.

Lexi POV-

I sat in the hospital room with Alli, watching her as she slept. Zack had left for the show, and Laura and Little Jimmy had headed home for the evening hours earlier. I pulled out my Blackberry, affectionately called Jason, and sent Zack a message. "I love you," it said. "I love you too, what do you want?" he replied a few moments later. The show must've been over. "Well, you know how I was trying to decide whether to stay here or go with you?" I said. "Yeah, you're leaving with me, right?" he asked.

I sighed and hit reply, shaking my head. "No, Zack. I'm so sorry. Alli needs me, and so does Belle. I need to be here with my sister and my niece," I sent. Nearly ten minutes passed before he replied again. "I understand," was all it said. I felt a tear roll down my face as I thought of something to say back. Clearly, he was upset, and I felt horrible about that. He'd be so lonely out on the road, now. Sure, he had the guys, but since Alli and I had come along, the three of us were inseperable. I hit reply just as the door to Alli's room opened. Zack walked in, looking absolutely exhausted.

Zack POV-

Lexi stood to greet me, tears falling from her eyes. "What happened?" I asked her. She shook her head, not speaking. "Is Belle okay?" I asked. "Yeah, she's fine," Lexi told me. "So why are you so upset?" I replied. Lexi wiped a tear from her face and looked at me. "You're mad at me because I'm not going with you," she said, her voice breaking. "Oh God. Lex, no. I'm not mad at you," I replied, grabbing for her hand. She yanked away and shook her head. "Yeah, you are, Zack. You're mad, it took you forever to reply to my text and it never takes you that long. I know you hired me to work and we're together and all, but Alli needs me, and so does Belle," she said, trying to keep her voice low.

I pulled her to me and kissed the top of her head. "Alexis...listen to me, okay? I'm not mad at you. If I could stay, I would...Alli wanted you to go. Did I want you to go along? Yeah, I did, but I understand. It took me ten minutes to reply because I was on the phone with the cab company so I could get here. I'm not mad at all. I'll miss you girls, all three of you, but I'll be back to get you as soon as Uproar's over. Don't cry, okay? I love you," I said. "I love you too."

"When do you leave?" Lexi asked. "In a little bit. I came to get you and tell Alli goodbye...but I guess I need to tell you both goodbye, huh?" I replied. She nodded and kissed my lips. "You didn't happen to bring my suitcases with you, did you?" Lexi asked. "Uh, no, completely slipped my mind," I replied jokingly. "Damn it. You guys are rolling out and heading straight to Tampa, too, aren't you? Oh well, I can wear some of Laura's clothes...or Al's...she's got a few things in her bag I could probably wear," she said. "I'll leave you some money or a card or something. You girls have access to the bank account, you know that," I told her. Lexi gave me the same look the girls always did when I brought up them spending my money. They were really stubborn when it came to that. They'd rather spend the money they earned working than my personal money. "I'm leaving it, look or no look," I said, walking over to Alli's bed.