***in' Perfect

You talk about him like he hung the moon.

Alli POV-

"Alli...Allison," I heard. Zack's voice shook me from my slumber. "Hmm...hey, Zack," I said, rubbing my eyes. He sat down on the edge of the bed and leaned down to kiss me. "How are you feeling?" he asked. I sat up a little and nodded. "Better, but still really sore...I wish they'd let me hold Belle, but they said it'll be a while...you getting ready to go?" I replied. Zack nodded and kissed me once more. "Yep. Lex is gonna stay with you, though. She said she hates me and that she'd rather stay with you than me, so..." he said, smirking. "Liar," I replied. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, she actually said that she felt like she needed to be here with you and Belle. I told her I understood, and that I'd miss all three of you very much," he said. "I'm gonna miss you, too...we all will," I replied.

Zack left half an hour later, leaving both Lexi and I in tears. He sent me a picture a few minutes later of Belle, taken through the glass of her incubator in the NICU. She was so tiny, but with a head full of dark hair. I hoped she'd have her dad's eyes. Zack said they'd knocked her oxygen down a little, which was good. She was breathing better on her own and in a few days, she may even be able to eat on her own. I texted him until I dozed back off. Two days later, I was allowed to go home...well, I went to Laura's. While she worked, Lexi and I took care of Little Jimmy. Day after day, I would go to the hospital to visit Belle. Her breathing got better, she ate, and gained weight, but she was still entirely too tiny for me to hold. I didn't even really feel like a mother.

Lexi POV-

Alli seemed so down while we were at Laura's. She missed Zack, I knew, so did I. She was also really worried about Belle, but I couldn't blame her. I played with Connor a lot, and helped Laura around the house. She told me often how tired she was of being done wrong by guys. So many guys ran once they found out she had a son. I didn't understand that at all. Connor was the sweetest, most loving kid I'd ever met, and Laura was one of the best people I'd ever met. She was hard working, loving, sweet, and funny. Guys from Georgia were obviously blind or stupid. I thought about Dan when Laura talked about what kind of guy she would like to find. Kind, funny, protective, loving, and not afraid of committment...that sounded just like Dan.

"You talk about him like he hung the moon," Laura said to me. "Dan? He's a great guy...and if I didn't think Zack hung the moon, then I'd say Dan. Dan probably helped, though," I replied. I was packing to go home to California. I'd miss Laura and Connor, but I missed California, too. Dan and Zack would be there any time now, and we were going to the hospital to pick up Belle and Alli, who had called the house at 6 AM, crying tears of joy with the news that Belle was going to be able to go home. It couldn't have come at a better time, either. Uproar had ended the day before, and Zack was coming to stay until Belle was able to leave.