***in' Perfect

Daddy's here.

Zack POV-

"Sure dude, I'll get your stuff," Dan called after me. "Thanks bro," I called back, laughing. "SACKY VEE!!" Little Jimmy said, running toward me. "Hey buddy," I replied, kneeling down to his level. "Are you taking Aunt Lessi and Aunt Owie back to your house?" he asked me. "Yeah, I am. They have to go back to work, and we have to take Baby Belle home," I replied. "Will you come visit me soon?" he asked. "Sure thing, buddy. Maybe for Christmas or Thanksgiving you guys can come to California. Would you like that?"

Connor nodded eagerly, then ran off to play. Dan and Laura were standing in the open doorway, talking. I hadn't seen him smile like that in quite some time. "You ready to go?" Lexi asked, walking out of a bedroom, pulling on a t-shirt. "Yep," I replied. She took me by the hand and fished the keys out of Dan's pocket. "We'll be back with Mama and Baby Belle soon," she said.

Alli POV-

"I...I wanna wait until her Daddy gets here...I promised him I wouldn't hold her without him," I told the nurse. "Alright," she replied, wrapping Belle back up in her blanket. She was ready to go home. She had been breathing on her own for a week with no problems, eating plenty, and had passed all her tests. She weighed just under seven pounds now, a healthy weight for a baby born as early as she was. I held her hand, her tiny fingers wrapped around one of mine. "Daddy's on his way," I told her. She kicked her feet as if she knew what I meant. "Daddy's here," a voice came from behind me. I let go of Belle's hand and turned around, feeling a smile spread across my face. "Zack!" I said, nearly jumping into his open arms. I wrapped my legs around him and laid a kiss across his lips. "I missed you so so so so so so so so so much," I said as he set me back onto my feet.

"I missed you that much, times two," he whispered in my ear. I blushed as he kissed my cheek and took me by the hand, walking over to Belle's bassinet. "She's so beautiful. Pictures don't do her any justice," Zack said, touching her face and arms gently. "I haven't...held her yet. I was waiting on you. I wanted you to be the first," I told him. He smiled up at me before reaching down to cradle our daughter in his arms. He looked so natural holding her. The tears that clouded his eyes were gleaming in the light, his smile bigger than I'd ever seen. He talked quietly to Belle, sitting down on the couch, kissing her and talking to her some more. "Go sit with him...you need a family picture," Lexi said, pushing me toward Zack. I sat down next to him, my head on his shoulder as we both stared down at the beautiful life we'd created. "She's got your eyes," I said to him. "Yeah...she does..." he replied. "I love you, Zachary," I told him. "I love you, too, Allison. You, and Belle, and Lexi. My girls," he replied.