***in' Perfect

That doesn't make me her uncle...

Lexi POV-

I took a few pictures of Alli, Zack, and Belle together while we waited on the doctor to come in and give 'discharge instructions'. Alli pulled me down on the couch with them and had the nurse take a picture of the four of us before he left, then she took a few of just me and Belle. "So...since I'm your boyfriend...and you're Belle's aunt...that doesn't make me her uncle in addition to being her Daddy, does it?" Zack asked me from the back seat. I laughed and shook my head. "No, Zack," I replied. "Good," he answered. I pulled into Laura's driveway and got out, walking up onto the front porch where Laura was sitting. "Where's Dan...and Connor?" I asked. A few seconds later, Little Jimmy came running around the corner of the house, Dan chasing him, both of them laughing.

Laura had a sparkle in her eye, a smile on her face. My plan had worked. "He's so sweet...and so good with Little Jimmy," Laura said. "Yeah?" I asked, nudging her as Zack and Alli carried Belle into the house. "Oh yeah. Hey, where are you two going with that baby? I wanna hold her!" Laura said, jumping off and following Zack and Alli. Little Jimmy followed, the screen door slamming behind him. Dan leaned against the porch railing, his breathing heavy. "You and Little Jimmy seem to have really hit it off," I said, smiling. Dan nodded, wiping his brow. "Connor's cute. I see why they call him Little Jimmy," he replied. "And Laura..." I said. "She's...exactly how you described her. Sweet, funny....perfect," he answered. "I know I don't have to tell you...but don't hurt her, Danny boy. She's been through way too damn much to have her heart broken again."