***in' Perfect

They just don't know how we work.

Alli POV-

I had just put Belle to bed when my phone vibrated the table by Zack's bed. "Call me if you're up, I need to talk to you. xo, Lexi," the text read. I dialed Lexi's number and hit send. "Did I wake you?" she asked. I could tell she had been crying. "No. What's wrong?" I replied. "I busted Gena in the face," she said. "Gena? What the fuck is she doing there?" I asked. "She was stalking Zack. Fucking stalking him...since Uproar," Lexi answered. "What the fuck?!" I replied. "Yeah. My reaction, too. And I was on these forums earlier, you know, the ones we used to obsessively go on...and apparently everyone wants Zack to be with you. Just you...or with Gena. They hate me, Al," Lexi told me. "Lex...they do not hate you. They just don't know how we work. We're happy with the way things are, aren't we?" I replied. "Yeah," she said, sniffling. "Then that's all that matters. Me, you, and Zack are happy, and they don't know anything about us or how our relationship works. Just ignore them," I said. "Yeah. I guess you're right. Hey uh...Al, if I tell you something...you gotta promise not to tell anyone."

"Okay. What's up?" I asked. "I'm pregnant," Lexi said. I immediately started laughing. "Come on, Lex. Really, what is it?" I replied. "I'm really pregnant. I guess my stick really did get broken that day Dan and I were wrestling. Zack doesn't know yet, but I'm gonna tell him...once my nerves calm down. God, Alli, what am I gonna do?" Lexi asked. "Don't be stupid like I was. Tell him...he'll be thrilled, Lex. He loves you. Don't be scared to talk to him about it," I told my sister. "I'm just scared, Al. What if I'm not a good mom? What if he doesn't want any more kids?" she said. She was clearly sobbing by now. I wished so badly that I could be close to her, to hug her and assure her everything would be fine, but I couldn't. "I'm in a little hotel around the corner from where we were staying...I'm gonna stay here for a few days...clear my mind...and then I'm gonna catch up with him," she said. I sighed deeply and shook my head. "Just don't run away from him completely, Lex. It would give too many people satisfaction and it would break his heart to pieces."