***in' Perfect

It's gone.

Lexi POV-

"God damn it, Alli," I said, putting a pillow over my head. She and Zack were going at it again. I'd only heard her once when they were downstairs, but since they'd moved into the bedroom, I could hear her loud and clear. I was jealous, but more than anything, I wanted to sleep. I was certain I could sleep all day if I wanted to, but I wanted to sleep right then.

Alli and Zack finally got quiet a little after 6 AM and I finally went to sleep. I woke just after one to find a note on the table by my bed saying that they were heading to the post office and would be back soon. "Well fuck," I mumbled. The note also said to make myself at home, so I did. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, poured myself a bowl of cereal, and sat down at Zack's kitchen table. I picked up the newspaper that was laying on the table and scanned over the headlines, spooning Frosted Flakes into my mouth while I read.

"Oh, you must be Lexi," a voice came from the doorway. I dropped my spoon and nearly choked on my cereal. Dan "The Body", the boys' friend, roadie, and bodyguard, was standing in front of me, shirtless, slightly sweaty, his hands covered in grease. "Yeah, I am," I said, clearing my throat. He nodded and crossed the kitchen to the sink, turning on the water. "Your car's fixed. Just needed new spark plugs. Those things were gone. I have no idea how you made it to California on that car," he said. "Uh huh," I replied. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was short, but damn, he was sexy. His hair was longer than it had been in the pictures I'd seen of him from the summer tour, but he still looked damn good. He had tattoos perfectly placed on his body, muscles bulging everywhere. I would definitely hit that given the opportunity. "You okay?" he asked. I snapped out of the trance I was in and nodded, looking back down at my cereal. "Yeah, sorry. Just woke up. Thanks for fixing the car. How much do we owe you?" I asked. "Oh, you don't owe me anything. Zack asked if I'd look at it, and he paid for the parts. No big deal," he said. "Zack did what?" I asked him. "He paid for the parts...you sure you're okay?" he replied.

Zack POV-

"Oh please. You've gotta have a thing for one of the other guys in the band," I said to Alli. She shook her head again. "I think Johnny's cute, but that's about it. Lexi has this thing for Dan...and...uh...I think Matt Berry is pretty hot," Alli told me. "Matt Berry?" I repeated. "Hell yeah! But both Lexi and I think you're just...top-notch. You're the hottest, sexiest, most beautiful, talented, amazing...I'm gonna stop now," Alli said. "No, no. Keep going. I could use an ego boost," I told her. "You could? Okay...how about this; Zack Baker, you, sir, are the most beautiful, amazing, talented, kind, and just all-around amazing person I've ever met," Alli replied.

I looked over at her from the drivers seat. She smiled at me sweetly. "That was really nice," I said. "Just the truth," she replied, shrugging. "So, I have a question. You can say no if you want to, but I just...I wanna ask," I said. "Okay, go for it," she told me. "Okay, so...I had plans for Gena and I tonight...but...since we're not together and all...I don't really wanna be alone on Valentine's Day...and...I figured you and I could do something," I said.

Alli POV-

"Are you asking me on a date, Baker?" I asked him. "I guess I am," he replied. I smiled at him again and thought for a moment about Lexi. She'd probably be mad if I accepted. "How long do we have before I have to give you an answer?" I asked. "Um...not long. An hour?" he replied. "You'll have your answer in an hour, then," I told him. "Okay. But can I ask why you need an hour?" he replied. In all honesty, I needed to ask Lexi if she cared, if she'd be mad, if she'd hate me if I went out with him. "I just..." I started. "You know what? I shouldn't have asked you why. Just let me know before 5, okay?" he said. "I will. I promise," I told him. Zack passed the road to go to his house. "Um, I think you missed your turn," I said. "I know. I gotta go to the Verizon store real fast first," he replied.

We rode to the cell phone store in silence. "You coming in?" he asked. "No, I think I'm gonna sit here," I said. The breeze felt good blowing in through the windows of the Mercedes. Though it was February, the temperatures were mild, and the sun gave off just the right amount of warmth. "Alright...I'll be back in a few then," he said. I watched Zack as he walked into the store. He was truly beautiful. Life just didn't seem real at that moment. I replayed the nights events in my head and it seemed even more unreal. I'd had sex with Zack more than once, and it was amazing, but I still didn't believe that it had really happened...though the scratches on his back and chest told a different story.

Twenty minutes later, Zack came out of the store carrying a bag, his phone pressed to his ear. He handed the bag to me and climbed into the car, still chatting away. "Alright dude. Alright. I'll see you tomorrow," he said. He ended the call and handed me his phone. "What's in the bag?" I asked him. "Uh. Well. Look and see," he answered. I looked into the bag and saw two Blackberry boxes. "Um...Blackberries," I said. "Yep. One for you and one for Lexi. Business, personal, whatever. We'll say they're business phones, though," he replied. "You didn't have to get us phones," I told him. "Yeah, I did. You girls need those. What if I'm in an interview and you girls need me for something work-related? I won't be able to answer, but I can text you. Plus, you can check the email for VU on these and all. You need them, trust me," Zack said.

Lexi POV-

"I hate Valentine's Day," Dan said. "God, me too. It sucks. I'm always alone on Valentine's. I mean, I've had boyfriends, but they either never make plans, or we're not together on Valentine's. Alli, on the other hand, always has the best Valentine's Days...I swear. She's always had the sweetest guys, boyfriend or not, who would take her out and buy her things," I replied. "I'm always alone too. You wanna hang out or something tonight, then? Just so we can say we didn't spend Valentine's alone? I'll cook us dinner and we can watch a movie or something," he offered. I smiled up at him and nodded. "That's really sweet, Dan. I'd love that," I answered. "Yeah?"

"We're back!" Alli's voice came as the front door opened. "About damn time," Dan and I said simultaneously. I blushed as Zack and Alli came back in. "Close your eyes. Zack got us a Valentine's present!" Alli said. "Uh...okay?" I replied. I closed my eyes and held out my hands. I felt a small box be placed in my hand and opened my eyes. "What the...are you serious?!" I said. Zack had apparently bought both of us Blackberries. "Business, personal, whatever...but we'll call them 'business' phones," Zack said with a smile.

I stood up and hugged Zack, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you so much," I said. "You're welcome," he replied. I let go of him and grabbed Alli by the wrist, pulling her into the living room. "I'm going out with Dan tonight," I told her. "Then you won't be mad when I tell you I'm going out, too?" Alli replied. "Going out?" I asked. She looked toward Zack and back at me. "He asked me to go out with him tonight," Alli said. Things were moving fast with her and Zack. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. I knew, though, that Alli wouldn't take things too far with Zack without me. We had an agreement. "Just remember our agreement," I told her, smiling. She hugged me tightly and smiled. "Thank you, Lex," she said.

Alli POV-

"I need to go home so I can get something to wear," I told Zack. "You want me to take you?" he offered. "Uh. Nah. Dan fixed the car, right? I can just run over and get it and come back. I won't be gone long," I said. "Alright. Take your phone," Zack replied, holding it out to me. I took it from him and kissed his cheek, followed by Dan's, and headed out the door. My phone chirped loudly a few minutes later, startling me. "Bitch, you didn't say bye to me! :( I just wanted to tell you that...via text. :). <333 you," it said. I waited until I was at the stop sign to reply. "I love you, Lexi!! Sorry, in a hurry. When are you leaving?" I asked. "In a little bit. Dan and Zack are talking and I'm packaging orders just because. Bring me some clothes?" she replied. "Sure thing. Anything in particular you want?" I asked. "Nope, just jeans and a shirt. And some clean undies, lol."

I let myself into the hotel room and quickly grabbed something nice for myself and a clean set of clothes for Lexi before heading back out. I was so nervous, but excited, for Zack and my date. I had no idea where he was taking me or what he had planned, but I didn't care. He was so wonderful. I was already falling for him, fast and hard, faster and harder than any other man I'd ever been with. Were Zack and I in a relationship? No, not yet, I told myself. Whatever he was to me, boss, friend, whatever, I hoped he'd be in my life for a really long time. I could already tell that if I ever lost him it would be the death of me.

Lexi POV-

Zack and Alli left just after 7. "I need to run by my place real fast before we go to your house," I told Dan as we got into his car. "Just point me in the right direction," he replied. "Don't laugh," I told him. "I'm not gonna laugh at your house," he replied, laughing. "Seriously...you might. Just...please don't. It's the best we can do right now...once we start getting paid good, we'll get a better place," I told him. "Lexi. I'm not gonna laugh. Where are you living?" he asked.

"Extended Stay America," I told him. Dan just nodded and drove. He didn't laugh, smile, or say anything. I was kind of glad he didn't react. Dan wasn't poor by any means, and the Extended Stay America wasn't exactly nice. It was, like I told Dan, the best Alli and I could do for the time being, though. When I got to the room, there was already a key in the door. "Damn it, Allison," I mumbled. I let myself into the room to find a mess. There were clothes everywhere, our food tossed to the floor, and the safe was open. "No. No, no, no!" I said, my eyes filling with tears. I pulled out my phone and called Alli. "Alli?" I said as soon as the ringing stopped. "What is it?" she asked. "Alli, someone broke into the room. The money's gone..." I told her.

"What?" she replied. "It's gone, Allison! God. Just...don't tell Zack. The hotel's paid for for a couple weeks right? We can make it until payday, can't we?" I asked. "Yeah..." she replied. "Alright. I'm sorry for interrupting you but I had to let you know. Text me," I said. "Alright. Love you," Alli answered. "Love you too, Al," I said.

"Everything okay? Woah. Alli must have torn the place apart looking for something to wear," Dan's voice came from behind me. "Jesus Christ, you scared me," I said. "Sorry. I just came to check on you because you didn't come back," he replied. "Yeah. Everything's fine. I just had to get something, but I uh...I can't find it," I told him. "You ready to go?" he asked. I nodded and shut the door behind me. I couldn't believe that all the money Alli and I had to our names was gone, and I wanted to forget that it had happened. Hopefully Dan could take that off of my mind.