***in' Perfect

What's His Name?

Lexi POV-

A knock came at my door. "Come in," I called. "Lex?" Alli said. "Why the fuck did you knock?" I asked her. She shrugged and shut the door behind her, sitting at the edge of my bed. Her face was tear-stained. "What's wrong?" I asked her, sitting up. She sniffed and looked at me, tears filling her eyes. "Zack and I broke up," she replied. "What? What do you mean? No, no. You guys will be fine. Just...what happened?" I asked. Alli shook her head. "I broke up with him, Lex. It was a mutual decision. My heart's just not in it anymore," Alli told me. "Your heart's not in it?" I repeated. Alli wiped her cheeks and looked me dead in the eye. "Lex...I'm selfish, I guess...but...I just can't do this whole...polygamy thing anymore," she said. "You're not selfish...but Alli, what about Belle?" I asked. "Zack and I are gonna be friends...always. I'm still gonna work for him, and he'll see Belle all the time. I just...Lexi, I gotta tell you something, and you can't overreact, okay?"

I didn't like the sound of that, but I had to keep my cool. "Shoot," I told her. "There's...this guy," she started. A guy...another guy...she had another guy. She was cheating on Zack? No, she wouldn't. Would she? "Did you..." I started. "No. Never. We haven't held hands or kissed or anything. We're just friends, but...I have feelings for him and I think he may like me. He acts like he does. His roommate says he does," Alli replied. "Who is it?" I asked. "A friend of Tal's. He's really sweet, Lex. He's my height...brown hair, brown eyes. Tattoos, piercings...he's a musician. He's got a kid, and..." Alli shrugged. She really looked happy when she talked about this guy...but I still didn't know who the fuck he was. I wanted a name, details, the whole nine yards. I wasn't sure how I felt about this situation, but I still wanted to know who this guy was who had caught a hold of my sister's heart. I needed to know if he was worthy. "What's his name?" I asked. Alli blushed and looked away. "Craig," she said.

I gaped at her. She had to be joking. There was no fucking way it was who I thought it was...but it all added up. She had always had a thing for him. I had one at one point, too, but her thing never really went away. "Craig who?" I asked. "It's who you think it is, Lex," she replied. I shook my head, still unsure of my feelings about the whole situation. Alli had a kid by Zack...we lived with him, worked for him...he cared about her. I hoped he wasn't hurt. "Craig Mabbitt..." I said, shaking my head. "We met by total chance. He's really a great guy. That's the friend I was with last night," Alli replied. "Wow, Al. I can't...I can't wrap my head around this. I can't believe you and Zack are done...I mean...this is weird. I thought it'd be the three of us for the rest of our lives. What happened to make you...not love him like you did before?" I asked. "It's not that. I still love him just the same, I really do...but Zack and I don't belong together, Lex. We're different, and he's good to me...he loves Belle. But you know me. You know how I've always been. I want marriage, and all of that. It wouldn't be fair to you if Zack married me, Lexi. You and him are so good together. He loves you and you love him. You two are made for one another."

I couldn't control the tears that fell from my eyes. "Lex, don't cry. Please," Alli said. She was choked up herself. "I just...I can't believe it's over," I told her. She moved closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged my sister tightly, letting the tears flow freely. "It's okay, Lex. Really. I'm okay. We'll all be happier now. I'm not going anywhere," Alli replied.