***in' Perfect

You Make Sense, Perfect Sense

Alli POV-

"It's only for a few days, Lex. Jeez. You act like I'm moving out or something," I said, pulling my suitcase out of the trunk. My sister slammed it shut and shook her head. "You guys are moving pretty fast," she said. "Like me and Zack didn't? I'm just staying with him for a few days, Lex. It's no big deal," I answered. "Are you gonna have sex with him?" she asked. "Alexis..." I said. "Just be careful...bye Alli," Lexi walked around the car and got into the drivers' seat. I knocked on Craig's apartment door and pushed my sunglasses up on my head. The door opened and his roommate, Tony, stood in front of me. "Craig's not here. He'll be back in a few. Come on in," he told me. "Thanks," I said, grabbing my suitcase. "I got that. You come in," he replied, taking my suitcase and dragging it into the room. I sat on the couch and took off my shoes, making myself at home like I always did. "Where'd he go?" I asked. "Toys R Us....to get something for Leila for Christmas," Tony replied, sitting next to me. "Tony...can I ask you something?" I said. "Sure," he answered.

"Is he serious about this? I didn't make a mistake leaving Zack, did I?" I asked. Tony looked at me, his blue eyes meeting mine. "Craig is very serious about this...he really cares about you and that baby. You didn't make a mistake unless you think you're gonna end things with Craig to go back to Zack...I know Zack. He's a great guy. I'm not saying he isn't...but you and him...I don't think you belong together. You and Craig make sense. Perfect sense. This is gonna work out for you two. I've never seen him so happy...and when you're with him..." Tony said, ending his sentence with a shrug. "Thanks Tony," I said. "Sure thing sweetheart. I hate to desert you, but I'm late for a date. I told Craig I'd stick around and wait to let you in. I'll see you later."

Tony said goodbye and quickly left me alone with my thoughts. He was a sweet guy...a bit on the man whore side at times, but sweet nonetheless. He was Craig's best friend and he had quickly become one of mine. I dragged my suitcase into Craig's room and climbed into his bed. I was still exhausted from the Vegas trip. Hopefully he'd be back soon. I'd missed him and it had only been a few short days since I'd seen him. Just as I started falling asleep, I heard the door open and the sound of plastic shopping bags rattling. I rolled out of bed and headed back into the living room. "Hey," I said, fighting a smile. Craig dropped his packages on the couch and smiled at me. "You're here," he answered. "Just got in about an hour ago..." I said, moving closer. Craig pushed my bangs from my face and kissed my forehead. "How mad was Zack?" he asked. "He didn't really say much. Lexi seemed kinda pissed. I think she's getting to that point where she doesn't care...her and Zack have things to work out on their own. I can't stress myself out over it. I needed to see you," I told him. "Yeah, stress is not good...you want me to take your mind off of it?"