***in' Perfect

He Was Mine

Lexi POV-

"Is that all of your stuff?" I asked Zack, packing a suitcase into the trunk. "Yeah. You got all of yours?" he asked. "Yup. Everything," I replied, smiling. "I just wanna go by and say bye to my mom...and stop by and see Belle before we leave," Zack said. "We will. Come on," I said, fishing the keys out of my pocket. I hadn't seen my sister or niece since Jimmy's day. She left after his memorial service at Central Park with Craig and hadn't come home since. She'd taken a lot of her and Belle's things when she'd gone back to LA, too. I guessed she'd moved in with Craig...but I hadn't really talked to her, either. Zack and I had been really busy, working on VU things, tour preparation, and our personal relationship. It was like a real, exclusive relationship now that Alli was with someone else, and as selfish as it sounds, I was happy about that. Sharing him was more difficult than I think either of us ever imagined it would be.

After a stop at Zack's mom's, we headed to LA to visit Belle before heading to the airport. Alli let us in. "I'll get Belle," she said, disappearing into a bedroom. She returned, holding Belle in her arms, and handed her off to Zack. "Jeez. I swear she's grown in the past two weeks," I said. "She's getting bigger and bigger by the day," Zack added. "By the minute is more like it," Alli said, sitting next to me. We hung out with Alli for a while, but leaving was imminent. Zack said goodbye to his daughter and I said goodbye to my sister. Zack and Alli were so awkward now. He was her ex-boyfriend now, and it was quite apparent. Though they didn't fight, there was no chemistry between them at all. It was strange, but it made me feel secure. He was mine, and I felt like for the first time since I'd met him, I wouldn't have to worry about losing him to anyone.