***in' Perfect

Fault

Zack POV-

I felt so fucking empty. I shouldn't have let Lexi leave so upset. This was all my fault. If I hadn't called Alli over and told her what I told her, then Lexi and I wouldn't have fought and she wouldn't have left my house crying. She probably didn't even see the semi coming. It broadsided her Beamer on her side, killing her instantly. Alli wouldn't speak to me at the funeral, and I didn't blame her. Brian stayed by her every second of every day, along with Craig. She had all the men she needed in her life right there.

Alli POV-

After we buried my sister, Zack's parents took Belle off of my hands for a few days and I stayed with Brian. I didn't speak. I hardly moved or ate. All I did was cry, and all Brian and Craig both did was hold me. I didn't know what to think or say or do. All I knew was that even though I knew it wasn't his fault, I blamed Zack. It was all his fault. He was the one that called me and just had to talk to me about Belle. He was the one who upset me, therefore upsetting Lexi. He's the one that fought with her and let her leave. It was his fault she died and I wanted him to know that, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to hurt him any more than he already was. I knew he was hurting. I knew he loved Lexi. I closed my eyes, trying to block out my thoughts, but I couldn't. Craig was fast asleep and I was finally ready to talk. I tried waking him, but had no luck. He wasn't the one I really wanted to talk to anyway. My best friend was in the next room, and I knew that he wouldn't mind being awoken. He had always told me that no matter what, he'd always be there for me. I cralwed out of my bed and silently left the room and slowly pushed Brian's door open. "Bri?" I said. No response. I sighed heavily and nearly left the room, but I needed this. I needed to talk to my big brother. I crawled onto the bed and laid down next to Brian. He really was a good looking guy. Lexi had always told me he was beautiful, but I never really saw it. "Bri-Bri," I said, shaking him gently. "Hmmm?" he mumbled, stirring. "Bri...please," I whispered, tears falling from my lashes. Brian opened his eyes and looked over at me. "What is it, Al?" he asked. "I miss Lexi," I said. My voice broke and my body was racked with bone-shaking sobs. "Come here," Brian said, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close to him. I buried my head into his chest and just cried. When I could finally breathe and the tears slowly subsided, Brian and I talked until after dawn when I finally fell asleep for the first time in nearly two weeks.

When I woke up, Brian was gone. Pinkly was laying beside me and I could hear talking from downstairs, but I didn't want to move. I rolled over and looked at the clock to find it was after three PM. I had slept entirely too long, but for the first time since Lexi died, I felt semi-alive. I got out of bed and shuffled down the stairs and into the living room. "Well hey there, beautiful," Craig said, smiling at me. I waved sleepily and laid on the couch, my head in his lap. "So I was thinking we could go home today if you want to," he said, running his fingers lightly through my hair. "I wanna stay with Brian," I said. Craig looked disappointed, but nodded. "I have to go home...but you can stay with Brian if you want," he told me. I sat up and looked at him. "You'd leave me?" I asked. "I have to get ready for tour, Al. I don't wanna leave you, but I've got to," he replied. That struck a nerve with me. It was probably selfish, but I wanted him to stay with me until he absolutely had to go. It made me angry. How dare he leave me in my time of need? "Go. Just go. Don't fucking come back, either. I don't need you," I said before storming off. I slammed Brian's bedroom door and collapsed into the bed, crying.

A minute later, a soft knock came at the door. "Go away," I yelled. "Al, it's me," Brian said. "Come in, then," I replied. "Craig's really upset...he didn't mean to upset you," he told me, sitting on the bed. "I need him and he's leaving me," I said. "He doesn't want to, he told you that," Brian wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close. "I just don't want to be with or around him anymore, Bri," I said, wiping the tears from my face. "You don't want to be with him?" he asked. "No. Not with him. I want to be with someone, but not him," I answered. "Then who do you want to be with, Al?" he asked. I looked up and into his eyes. "You."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first off, no, I don't have a thing for Brian, lol. I really DO look at him as the one who'd be like my big brother. That's just how I see him. He seems like such a sweet, loving guy, ya know? I'd never leave Craig if I was lucky enough to have him. It was just a good ending for the story. I've struggled for three months on how to end this story and I finally figured it out. DON'T HATE ME....I love you all. THE END.