Status: 3-shot

Home and All its Guests

Three

Carrie’s POV

“I’ll pick you up for dinner,” Cat said through the phone. My brows furrowed together in confusion.

“I can drive myself,” I muttered.

“No it’ll be fine, you know you like your wine. I don’t want you driving home.” I could hear the sternness in her voice.

“OK,” I sighed knowing she was right.

“Just be ready in two hours and wear something nice,” she warned. OK she’s up to something.

“Why?”

“Just… because.”

“Oh no you better not try and set me up again,” I warned knowing what’s on her mind.

“I’m not an old friend is coming over,” she hung up before I could protest. Sighing I thought it over an old friend. Who could that be?

I got up to prepare for dinner.

Zak’s POV

I slipped on a black button up shirt over some baggy black pants, sighing I looked over at the clock, I should leave now, I’m supposed to be there in 5 minutes.

Good thing I knew where she lived or I’d be late and look more like a jackass to Carrie; if she’s even there that is…

Jumping into the van I headed to Cathy’s. It took me about 5 minutes to get there luckily and I jumped out of the van, and straightened myself out before I knocked on the door.

The door swung open and I was greeted with Cathy’s overly excited face.

“Hey,” I said nervously.

“Hi, come in!” She grabbed my arm and yanked me in. “Dinner will be ready in about 10 more minutes but you can join Carrie in the other room with the kids,” she pointed to what I assumed was the living room.

“Carrie’s here?” I couldn’t help but smile at learning this; Cathy noticed and smiled even bigger if possible.

“Yup, go say hi,” she shoved me to the living room before walking off. I looked to see Carrie dancing with two other kids. I remained in my spot and crossed my arms over my chest smiling. She looked adorable laughing and playing with them.

The two young kids who looked about 5 and 6 stopped noticing me, I put my finger over my lips to motion for them not to tell Carrie I was here; they smiled widely and nodded. We stood there watching Carrie dance in the living room singing along to the TV with what I assumed was some Disney pop star.

I couldn’t hold it in any longer; I started to laugh uncontrollably when she started to shake her butt to the music. Carrie stopped suddenly and whipped around so fast I knew she got a head rush.

I smiled at her and she stared back at me with wide eyes.

“Hi,” I chuckled.

“H-Hi,” she stuttered as she started to blush.

“Kids go get ready for dinner,” she ordered turning serious, I however still wore an amused smile. The kids left the room giggling like mad as they did.

“Hi Zak I didn’t know you were going to be here,” she cleared her throat and straightened her dress.

“I didn’t know Hanna Montana was going to be here,” I chuckled which caused her cheeks to turn even redder.

“I was… playing with my niece and nephew,” she explained. I just nodded still amused. I took the time to look her over; a plain black dress that stopped right above her knee hugged her curves perfectly, her normal straight hair was curled, and she wore simple black eyeliner and red lipstick; she looked stunning.

Carrie’s POV

Cat called us to dinner and I rushed to the dining room not wishing to be alone will Zak any longer. I was going to kill Cathy.

I glared at her as I walked into the dining room she just smiled back and ordered me to sit before handing me a glass of wine.

“Zak what do you want to drink?” She asked while motioning from him to sit next to me.

“Just water will be fine,” he smiled politely taking a seat.

Jim and the kids took seats as Cathy served us all starting with Zak; soon everyone started to eat.

“So Zak, anyone special in your life,” chocking on my meat I quickly drank some wine calming down. She’s dead.

“Um, no I’ve been really focused on work right now,” he answered and Cat nodded.

“Carrie’s single too,” I pulled my hand up to pinch the bridge of my nose and sighed. That’s it she just signed her death warrant.

Looking up at Jim I met his eyes with my pleading ones causing him to clear his throat.

“So Zak my wife tells me you, hunt ghost?” Jim cocked an eyebrow and I was relieved he changed the subject.

Zak’s POV

“Thank you so much for dinner Cathy,” I said as she started to clean up.

“No problem,” she smiled.

“I’ll help you with the dishes,” Carrie offered.

“No it’s fine I’ll do them,” she declined.

“I can’t just sit here and watch you do them by yourself,” Carrie argued.

“Then go home!” Cathy argued back.

“You know I can’t, you gave me a ride here!”

“I can give you a ride back…” I offered.

Cathy’s smile widened.

“That’ll be great!” Cathy yelled pushing us out the door.

“No that’s fine I’ll wait for Cat,” Carrie started to protest.

“Nonsense!” Cathy yelled while closing the door in our faces.

Carrie sighed and looked at me.

“Ready to go?” I asked with a warm smile.

“Sure,” she muttered following me to the van.

Once we reached it I opened the door for her.

“Thank you,” she giggled.

“No problem,” I smiled going to the driver’s side.

I started the car and she gave me directions, with a nod we started on our way.

“Oh my god,” she gasped, I looked at her alarmed to find her looking at my neck.

“What?” Alarm filled my voice.

“You still have this?” She reached out and grabbed my necklace that was tucked under my shirt.

It was the beaded necklace that read “Z-Man” that Carrie made me in art class back in middle school.

“Yeah,” I chuckled. “You didn’t think I’d throw it away did you?” I gave her a quick side glance to see her deep in thought staring at the road.

“Z-Man,” she giggled finally snapping out of thought.

“What’s so funny?”

“How did I ever think that was a good nickname?”

“Hey I thought it was a great nickname!” I defended.

“Yeah this coming from the guy who called me Care Bear,” she wrinkled her nose in disgust and I laughed at how cute it looked.

“Hey you didn’t hate it back then!” I argued pulling into her driveway after she told me which house was hers.

“That’s because I had a huge crush on you,” she mumbled so low I almost didn’t hear. She had a crush on me?

“What’d you say?” I asked hoping she’d repeat herself.

“Uh, nothing,” she shook her head quickly before going for the door handle; stopping she turned towards me and thought a moment. “Do you… uh want to come inside?” She pointed to the side with her thumb.

I stared at her a moment before smiling.

“I’d love to,” I smiled.

Carrie’s POV

Zak and I sat on my couch laughing and sharing old memories when suddenly Zak became serious and looked me in the eye.

“Carrie, I know I’ve said it before but I just want to make sure you know it; I am deeply sorry for what I did, I should have believed you-“

“Zak its fine-“

“No it’s not I loved you and I hurt you. You were my first love and I turned around and betrayed your trust I’m sorry.” Did he just say what I think he did?

“Wait, did you just say ‘first love’?” I asked; he looked down and chuckled nervously.

“Yeah I did, didn’t I?”

“You were my first love too,” I stared down at my hands.

Zak lifted my chin up so I could look at him. I remained unmoving as I looked into his eyes, his whole face inched closer and closer to mine before he stopped.

His breath tickled my lips as I closed the gap. I crashed my lips to his as my hands made their way around his neck. I felt a surge of electricity run through my body as we kissed.

Zak’s POV

Kissing her felt better than I ever even dreamed of when I was younger.

I still loved her and finally I was right where I was supposed to be.

Carrie’s POV

I didn’t hate Zak Bagans, in fact I never really did.

I still loved him.

Does anyone ever stop loving their first love?
♠ ♠ ♠
CHEERS TO ME I FINISHED IT! Now I can continue my others stories without the guilt. Is it OK? I hope so I like the last line hope you did too! Comment!
-Neche