Re-Occuring Thoughts

Wtf?!

The sun woke me up.
I laid in my bed for at least an hour after I woke up before Kaitlyn came in and asked if I wanted to go to the beach.
I said I would go, since I had nothing better to do.
I put my bathing suit on and shorts and a t-shirt over it and headed downstairs.
Kaitlyn, Zach, Michael, Cameron, and Nathan were all downstairs waiting for me.
A ping of disappointment hit me. Vic wasn’t here.
But then the disappointment left me. The REAL Vic wasn’t here and that was a good think because he hated me.
I might actually have fun today.
When I walked down everyone was staring at my neck.
Kaitlyn gasped. “Omg Sarah! Where did you get that necklace!?”
“What necklace?” I said. I never wore necklaces.
She pulled out her compact mirror. “That one!”
I look in the mirror and saw the familiar green stone around my neck. It was the same exact necklace “Vic” gave me last night.
I panicked. I couldn’t tell them who really gave it to me. They would think I was crazy!
“My uhmm… Grandma gave it to me for my birthday a couple years ago.” I lied.
The look of jealousy left Michaels face and he smiled at me and said “Oh well then, it’s almost as beautiful as you”
I smiled. Thank god Vic wasn’t around to hear that. I prefer everything in my house to be not broken.
“Let’s go!” Nathan said.
We packed up and headed for the beach.
No one said a word about Vic’s whereabouts so I just stared out the window… trying to think of how the necklace got around my neck.
We got to the beach sooner than I expected. Everyone was running toward the water and pushing each other playfully.
I pulled out my towel and chilled while I watched the other have a fun time. I laughed at how goofy they were.
I look around.
That’s when I saw him.
He was sitting under an umbrella with a beautiful blonde girl.
They looked like they were havin’ a great time.
Then, Vic slowly turned around and locked eyes with me.
He didn’t have the look of hatred in his eyes like he normally did, he just looked… surprised.
He turned back around to the girl he was with.
They talked for a long time, neither of them wearing smiles anymore.
After about a half an hour, the blonde girl got up and walked away, with tears almost in her eyes.
What just happened?! They were having such a great time together! Did I do that?
Vic got up and walked over to me and sat beside me.
We just sat there looking out into the ocean without saying anything for the longest time.
He finally said “I’m sorry, about everything.”
“It’s okay,” I said “ you just really confuse me Vic … um errrr… Victor I mean”
He laughed. He could laugh? “You can call me Vic.”
I was shocked “Why was he being so nice?” I thought to myself.
He smiled “We really should stay away from each other”
“Why!?” I said.
“Because from the moment I saw you, I knew you would break my heart. And I would break yours. Your perfect for me. Too perfect me.” He said.
“I tried to be with other girls” he said looking over toward the umbrella. “But I knew you were the only one I wanted to be with”
I completely ignored the last part. I could believe what he was saying.
“So you told me you hated me so… I WOULDN’T BREAK YOUR HEART?! How do you think you made me feel?!” I screamed.
His smiled faded. “Maybe I didn’t think that plan all the way through.”
I was humiliated. I got up and stormed to the car. Vic was trying to keep up with me and calling after me.
I ignored him. I was never going to talk to Vic Porter again.