Re-Occuring Thoughts

It's Almost Over

“She’s gonna be fine. She just has a broken leg”
“Oh my god. This is all my fault.”
“Do you know why she jumped out a window?”
“No idea. I guess she really just wanted to get away from me.”
I heard two voices talking softly while I started to wake up. I wasn’t sure where I was so I just laid there with my eyes closed and tried to figure out what was going on.
“Vic honey, I think you should go home and get some sleep.”
That was the voice of Mrs. Porter.
“No. I’m not going to leave her.”
I knew that voice anywhere. It was Vic’s.
I heard Mrs. Porter sigh and walk out. About that time I heard someone walk over to me and grab my hand. It was Vic. He was crying and talking to me.
“Why, Sarah? Why did you do that? Do you really hate me that much? So much that you tried to kill yourself?” He was crying so hard now.
I opened my eyes and saw him blow his nose.
“I don’t hate you.” I said weakly.
His eyes got big and he grabbed my hand again and got closer.
“Sarah! You’re awake!” he said with a smile on his face.
Only thing I could really do was smile.
“Why did you jump out a fucking window?!” He asked me angrily.
“I needed to wake up.”
“What does that mean!? You were awake the whole time!”
I took a breath and thought about what had happened. So I wasn’t dreaming? All that was real.
Well this is embarrassing.
Vic was looking at me with his eyebrows raised, waiting for an answer.
I had to tell him. Please lord; don’t let him think I’m crazy.
I spent the next hour telling him about all the dreams and feelings I had about him. He sat there and listened intensely without interrupting me once or giving me weird looks.
After I was done telling him everything, I let out a sigh of relief.
I’m glad he knows now.
He got up and looked at me with wide-eyes.
“I started having similar dreams about you around the same time! Except in my dreams you were a huge bitch and you hated me. That’s the reason I acted the way I did when I first met you.”
I gasped. “Are you serious?! This is so crazy!”
“I know!” he said. “But in my dreams I never gave up on you and I promised myself I never would, but then one night, I realized that I had already given up on you in real life.”
I was shocked. This was too crazy!
“ So I told you I loved you the next day because I did, and I still do.”
I was now in tears. “I… I… I love you too.”
Vic turned around and rushed over to me. He grabbed my head and kissed me for what seemed like the longest time. I was lost in the way his lips felt against mine. It was perfect.
Then a sharp pain coursed through my leg. I pulled away from our kiss and look at it.
Yupp. It was definitely broken.
Vic also looked down at my leg and bit his lip.
“Does it hurt?” he asked.
“No, it feels great.” I said sarcastically with a big smile. We both laughed.

According to the doctor I haven’t fully broken my leg, just fractured it.
I should be out of the hospital in 3 days or so.
And in 3 days, I would get to started my life with literally the man of my dreams.