Re-Occuring Thoughts

Star Weirdos

“SARAH! WAKE UP!”
I fell off the couch and hit my head on the floor.
“Ow!” I said, sitting up and rubbing my head.
“Get up Sarah!” Kaitlyn yelled in my face. “It’s 7 o’clock! The boys will be here in 1 hour!”
I rolled my eyes. “One hour Kaitlyn! That’s all! Well why aren’t we opening the door right now!” I said sarcastically.
“Oh shut up and go get dressed.”
I almost forgot I was still in sweat pants. I got changed and went back down stairs to find Kaitlyn bringing in some boxes from the car.
I ran over to help her, but before I could reach her the box she was carrying flipped out of her arms and landed on the floor. Spilling out everything in it on the floor.
It was our Star Wars box.
We were epic Star Wars freaks and had tons of light sabers, costumes, movies, and collectibles.
It was completely embarrassing to say the least, that’s why it was our little secret.

I looked at the light sabers and my Darth Vader helmet that rolled onto the floor. I looked up at Kaitlyn; she was looking at her Skywalker costume. We looked at each other for a moment, and then just nodded. She grabbed her costume and ran upstairs to get changed. I put on my helmet and cape and grabbed my red light saber. Darth Vader was my favorite character; I’m not sure why thought.
I practiced battling while I waited for Kaitlyn.
Then out of nowhere, she comes flying towards me, blue light saber in hand. We had an epic battle over the couch, under tables, up and down the stairs, and finally ending near the front door.
I pushed her down and “killed” her.
I threw off my helmet and laughed!
“For the win!” I bragged in her face.
Then we heard claps coming from the front door.
Zach, his friends, and Victor were standing in the threshold laughing and clapping.
I felt my face turn a brighter red than my light saber.