‹ Prequel: Illicit Paramour

Abstract Sincerity

;10

Matt got the popcorn while Kennedy grabbed the seats. She sat down and looked at the audience – one of her favorite things to do was people watch. There was a group of four older gentlemen sitting next to each other, a group with two boys and two girls (probably a double date), two girls in the back, three guys who were probably in their twenties on the far left hand side, and another sickingly cute couple by the doors.
Matt came in shortly after her and sat on her left hand side. “How’s it look?” he asked as he sat down with a smile plastered on his face, which in turn made her smile.
“There’s enough people that it gives me hope that it’ll be a semi-decent movie, but not too many people to make me want to strangle myself,” she told him and he chuckled to himself then shoved a handful of popcorn in his mouth.
“That’s good. I like those odds,” he told her.
She didn’t even really know what they were seeing – she knew that it was some bad action flick with Matt Damon, but other than that, she had no idea what the premise of the story was at all. She let Matt pick because he’s gone and seen a total chick flick with her last time so she only thought it was fair to let him pick.
Kennedy reached over and grabbed some popcorn and put two in her mouth at a time. The previews started, which was always her favorite part of the movie experience, and her eyes were glued to the screen.
She liked going to the movies with Matt because, not only was she will someone as adorable as Matt, but it also gave her time to distract her mind and keep focused on other things and, for a few hours at a time, not think about Alex.
Kennedy adjusted herself so that she was pointing inwards, toward Matt, and she let her arm brush up against his which sent her heart rate through the roof.
The movie started and Kennedy was excited to have the next couple of hours with Matt. The beginning of the movie showed Matt Damon running. Every Matt Damon movie starts out with him running, so so far there wasn’t anything to really differentiate it from any of his other movies.
Matt moved himself next to her, now their arms were more than just brushing. The warmth of him transferred to her skin and she just wanted to crawl on top of him because she wanted more. She bit her bottom lip and decided to be bold. She moved her left arm and placed her hand in his so they were holding hands.
He immediately jerked his hand away. “Kennedy…” he whispered. Her eyes were wide with shock. She thought he liked her, she thought that’s what he wanted her to do.
She shook her head at him and said, “Don’t worry about it,” and focused her attention back to the screen.
He let out a sigh, “Kennedy,” he said again.
“No, it’s really okay,” she told him, refusing to look at him.
He let out another sigh, “Will you just shut up?” he asked and moved his right arm across the arm rest and placed his hand on her left thigh. He laughed and shook his head, “Just let me touch you,” he told her.
She smiled, “Dirty,” she whispered to him and he chuckled again and focused his attention on the screen, stroking her leg occasionally with his thumb.
She wondered if he had jerked away because he was worried about Alex’s reaction to them. She knew that when she got home, if Lisa wasn’t there, that Alex would try and talk to her – tell her that he wants her, that Matt’s bad for her, that she already hurt him by cheating on him with Matt, yada, yada, yada. She wasn’t going to let him guilt trip her – he made his decision now she was allowed to make hers.
She shook the thoughts gently out of her head and focused on the movie and Matt touching her leg. She was glad she was there with him. She needed to just realize, for once and for all, that it wasn’t going to work out with her and Alex. There was never going to be any hope for them – too much always got in the way.
The movie credits started rolling and Kennedy let out a sigh. Matt looked at her as the lights brightened to their normal color and had a smile on his face. “What’d you think?” he asked her.
She smiled and looked at the ground, “You know I love Matt Damon, but it’s like every other one of his movies. The director moved the camera too much and it made me queasy,” she told him but he laughed which made her laugh.
“The Borne series had the same problem,” he told her and led their way out of the movie aisle seats.
“Oh, I know,” she told him, as she took his head while he walked in front of her. He looked back at her, looked at their hands, looked back up at her and smiled and then continued leading her out of the theatre.
They walked out of the car, “Did you enjoy it at all?” he asked her as he unlocked the door and got in the driver’s side.
“Of course I did, it’s Matt Damon, I’m just saying I could have found out the ending by watching another one of his movies,” she told him as she slid in the passenger’s side.
He laughed and shook his head as he started up the car. “I better get you home,” he told her and drove away from the curb of the sidewalk.
They talked in depth about Matt Damon’s movies – the good, the bad, and the MST3K-ing that ensued whenever they walked a Matt Damon flick.
Eventually they arrived back at Alex’s house and he stopped the car at the sidewalk. He relaxed himself in the seat. “Are you not coming in?” she asked, as she paused with her hand on the handle.
“I don’t think it’s a very good idea. Alex did not look pleased to see me when I came into your room,” he told her and she looked at him and she felt bad. She felt like it was her fault for causing a rift between them yet again.
“I understand. When do I get to see you again?” she asked him.
“Well, I think we’re all congregating at Jack’s tomorrow to watch the game, so if you decide to go, I’ll see you then,” he told her and she smiled and nodded.
“Matt, I had a really fun time tonight. Thanks for taking me out,” she told him.
He gave her a half smile. “No problem,” he told her, but before he could finish his sentence, she lunged forward and kissed him deeply. He pushed forward and ran his hands through her hair. She pulled back first. Always leave them wanting more, that’s what Audrey taught her.
“Night, Matt,” she told him, bit her lip, and slid out of the car.
She walked up the walkway and opened the door to the house without waving goodnight. She locked the dead bolt behind herself and turned around to set her purse on the small table in the hallway. She kicked off her shoes and let out a sigh. Alex and Lisa walked out of the kitchen and before they saw her, Lisa turned and gave Alex a quick peck kiss while she stood on her tippy toes to reach him.
“Love you,” Lisa whispered as she pulled away from Alex.
“I love you, too,” he told her and that made Lisa smile. She turned around and saw Kennedy and she smiled even more.
“Kennedy,” she said brightly. “It’s a shame that you’re getting home just as I’m leaving,” she said to her.
“Why are you leaving?” Kennedy asked.
“Alex has a tummy ache, so I’m going to let him sleep it off,” Lisa said with a shrug. “I’m going to go because it’s getting late, but I’ll see you tomorrow at Jack’s,” Lisa told her and started walking toward the door. She unlocked the dead bolt that Kennedy had just flicked shut then she turned. “Oh! How did your date with Matt go?” she asked, expectedly.
Kennedy gave a shy smile and looked down. “It went really well,” she told Lisa and Lisa smiled brightly again.
“I’m so glad! He’s such a great guy,” she told her. “Well, I’ll see you. Bye, Alex,” she said with innuendo that Kennedy did not want to know about, and then Lisa slid out the door and shut it behind her.
Kennedy turned to face Alex, but he wasn’t smiling.
“How was your night, Alex?” she asked, trying to be friendly.
“So it was a date that you went on?” he asked her and she could tell from the way he said it and the way he was holding himself that he was jealous.
“Yeah, it was,” she confided. “And I had a lot of fun, Alex. A lot of fun without having to deal with ex girlfriends and fans that want to fuck him and take creepy stalker photos of him. It was nice,” she told him.
“You know, the entire time Lisa was here and you were out with Matt, I couldn’t stop thinking about you,” he told her, moving his head so that his hair moved out of his eyes.
“Of course you did, Alex. You want what you can’t have,” she told him. “You only want me because I’m no longer available to you,” she said harshly.
He shook his head. “That’s not true. I wanted you before you started becoming close with Matt, it’s just that Lisa… well…,” he trailed off.
“See, you don’t really want to be with me, Alex. If you had, then you would have told Lisa that your break up was final. It’s not my fault that you chose her,” she told him.
“She’s not who I want,”
“Then you shouldn’t have chosen her! It’s not rocket science, Alex.”
He had nothing to say. She shut her eyes and let out a sigh and shook her head while putting her hand to her forehead. “I’m going to bed. I will see you at Jack’s tomorrow,” she told him then turned and walked silently up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
please, give me a few comments. tell me what you like, what you don't like. I need to know.
my goal is to finish this by the time summer ends.
sorry it took me a little longer to post this chapter... I've been dealing with some personal things, but I think this will be good to help get me over them.