Make A Name For Yourself

17

Image

"You nervous?"

"Why should I be nervous?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Well the man is taking up your cousins place in the band"

"Just as long as he plays better than Brent then I'm a happy girl" I turned the page of the magazine I was reading. Brendon nodded his head as changed the channel. "Brendon stop changing it, its giving me a headache" I moaned as I placed the magazine down on the floor.

"Fine" He sighed as he turned it off and slouched more in his seat on the sofa.

"So do you think he fits in?"

"Who Jon?"

"Yup" I replied bringing my feet up onto Brendons lap.

"Yeah, I think he fits in great. No offence to Brent though"

"Stop it" I moaned

"What?" Brendon retorted back.

"Just because I'm Brents cousin doesn’t mean you have to be careful what you say about him around me"

He nodded his head as he continued on, "He's a funny guy too" he paused as he started to massage my feet. "So, did you like him?"

I remembered back to the lunch I had earlier that day with the band meeting the new bass played to refill my cousins place. "Yeah I did actually. He was down to earth and funny. I like that in a man"

I laughed as Brendon looked at me with a shocked expression played across his face. "You know I was gonna warn him to not hit on my girlfriend, but it looks like I'm gonna have to warn you instead to not hit on him"

"Well that is what I like in a guy, but your do for now"

"Oh great" he replied sarcastically.

"You know I love you and you’re my man so I'll stick by you"

"Well you know you’re my girl and all those teenies mean nothing"

"nothing?" I asked trying to catch him out.

I knew he told the truth when he replyed saying, "Zero, zilch"

"I love you Brendy"

"I love you Scarly"

"Brendonnnnnnnnnn" I whined

"Yesssssssssssssss" he mocked back.

"Make me some food?" I whispered not wanting to sound greedy.

"You don’t even need to ask" I laughed as he pounced on me ending my day perfectly.