Status: Complete.

We're Writing Our Own Rules

5/5.

“Okay Mr McKerrall, Mr King, please take a seat in here. We’ll look over your files and come back to you as soon as we’ve made a decision,”

I swallowed and smiled, murmuring my thanks. Jeremy did the same and took my hand, guiding me to one of the chairs. Today marks the 3rd year that Jeremy and I have been together. Today marks the 2nd year anniversary of Nate and Ash being married. Today marks the day that Jeremy and I are signing up to a child adoption agency. Everything was so perfect between us, and we’d decided to make our relationship into a family. I sat stiffly in the plush red leather chair, Jeremy’s hand clasped in mine. I was shaking so hard that I felt sick. Today is such an important day for us that I don’t know what I’d do if it all went wrong.

“Baby, calm down. We’ve done all we can,” Jeremy murmured.

“But what if they don’t like us? What if we didn’t do enough?” I whimpered.

“They will like us! What’s not to like?” Jeremy mused.

“Don’t toy with me like this, Jer. You know how important this is to me,” I groaned.

Jeremy scooted a little closer to me, and pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek.

“I know this is important to you. It’s important to me too, baby. Our life together, our future, could be enriched by what they decide. But if they don’t say yes, then we go back home, change a few things, and come back. We won’t give up, I promise,” Jeremy said sweetly.

“You really mean that?” I asked shyly.

“Hell yes. And when we get adjusted to having a kid, we can get married,” Jeremy smiled.

He’s promised this over and over again, and I hope to dear God that he means it. I want him to be officially in my life forever, not just in words.

“Ash thinks we’re doing this all backwards,” I commented, chewing my bottom lip.

“Just because Nate’s underage cousin got pregnant and gave them her baby after they got married, doesn’t mean we’re doing it wrong,” Jeremy chuckled.

“That’s true,” I smiled.

Jeremy pecked a kiss to my lips, before leaning back in his chair, his entire body relaxed. I wish I could be as calm as him, I really do. I want us to be a family so badly. Sure we wouldn’t be conventional, but do we really need to be? We’re in a serious relationship, and have been for three years. We both have decent well-paying jobs and have done for years. We have a nice apartment in a nice area. We don’t have any criminal offences or mental illnesses that would make us incapable of bringing up a child. And we both really want this. What more can we do?!

After half an hour of waiting nervously, the adoption agency woman came back in. She smiled politely and sat down in front of us, placing the file she’d collected on us on the table in front of her. I leant my forearms on my thighs, leaning forward in anticipation.

“I’m guessing you’re impatient to know what decision we’ve made?” the woman asked.

“Yeah, we are,” Jeremy chuckled.

I laced my fingers with his, squeezing tightly. Here goes nothing.

“Well, we’ve taken in everything about your relationship and about yourselves as individuals into consideration, and we’ve decided that…the two of you are eligible for adoption,” she announced.

I couldn’t help but squeal, a wide smile spreading across my lips. Jeremy and the woman laughed, making me blush, but I refuse to lower my happiness in the slightest. This…this is incredible. We could actually have a child!

“Of course, considering the two of you specified a newborn or a very young toddler, so you could raise him or her nearly entirely, the wait could be months or even years. You understand that, right?” she asked seriously.

I just nodded, unable to speak.

“We understand. Thank you so much for giving us this chance,” Jeremy said warmly, his smile almost as wide as mine.

“It was no problem. Regardless of your sexualities, the two of you appear to be a model couple. We do ask that if anything changes within your relationship, you inform us as soon as possible. Other than that, we’ll call you as soon as there are any updates!” the woman smiled.

We each said more thanks and our goodbyes, before leaving the building. As soon as we were outside, I pressed my lips firmly to Jeremy’s, not caring that we were outside in public. Being given the opportunity to give a child the love it deserved when it would maybe otherwise not have been able to be in a family, was one of the best things that ever happened to me, and I got to share this with Jeremy. I am truly blessed.

When I broke our embrace, I was slightly breathless, as was Jeremy.

“I love you so much, you know that right?” I grinned.

“As much as I love you. Now let’s get out of here,” Jeremy said softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
And this is the end!
It just ties everything off nicely, I think =]
I want to thank everyone who stuck with me throughout this tiny sequel lol.
So is the end of the trilogy!

Thank you to everyone that commented in total. You guys made me smile so bad! Please let me think what you thought of this last chapter, as well as the triquel as a whole.
The following are the people that commented on the last chapter.
nicholas joseph;
Phoenix_xX
BisexualAngel
hatsu-kouen2143 (x2)
NSN
revengefulvampire
All.Your.Hate

xo