Status: One shot.

This fight is our last.

Un.

I lie in my double bed, straining my ears for the sound of another person’s breathing. I can’t hear anything, just the painful silence pounding in my ears. I stretch my toes, all the way to the end, listening to the clicks along my back and toes. I roll over to the cold side of the bed, his absence so defined. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, my toes reach the cold, hard floor.

I walk over to the bay window, sitting on the seats. I pick at the decaying blue seats; the stuffing is falling all over the floor. I rise to my feat, opening all four windows, and slumping back off to bed. I pull the covers over me, listening to the people outside. I can hear the cars, rushing down the main road. I know if I walk to my window, and look over the road I can still see the various flowers and cards. They’re left by me and his family.
(flash-back) I step out onto the pavement, following Zack. He’s spinning around, a furious and hurt expression plain on his face. He has such a temper.”Jack, why would you want to make me jealous with some slut? It isn’t ever going to make me jealous.” I wipe a hot tear from my cheek, lifting my arms in the air and then flopping them back down. “I know, but you were hanging out with Carl, what was I meant to do? You hurt me Zack. Does it even matter to you?” I yell, the tears streaming full on down my face.

“I do care about you Jack, I love you, and it’s just sometimes you make me so...” He breaks off, bending double with his head in his hands. I sit on the ground, my head resting on my knees. I look up and see Zack walking into the middle of the busy road. He doesn’t see the car coming and bang, it slams into him at full force. Time slows down, and I see Zack flip into the air, the sun making his hair golden, and body arched. His eyes are squeezed shut, not letting me see his grassy green eyes.
He lands on the floor, with a dull thud. I realize I’ve been spacing out, wondering what’s happening. The car has already sped off around the corner, disappearing.


The memory of Zack brings a tear to my eye, and the tear trails down my cheek, over my nose and drops onto my light blue pillow.
They let me travel with Zack to the hospital, seen as I was pouring my life’s tears over his slowly cooling body.

I hold his hand, the ambulance bumping on the speed bumps, the siren whirring loudly, moving all the rush hour cars.
His head is facing the other way; his breathing is so slow I have to place my free hand on his chest to feel it moving. His hair is messed up, blood dripping from the wound deep in his head. The medics are working nonstop, running around the cramped ambulance. They’re yelling medical things at each other. The blood is still seeping out of his wound.
I grip his hand hard, my knuckles going a ghostly white. I tilt his beautiful face towards me, taking in his paleness, his lip ring and golden hair soaked with blood.
We pull into the hospital, and they push me aside roughly, and they wheel him down the squeaky corridor, the doors slamming open and shut.
He’s pushed into an operating theatre, and as I try to get into the viewing room, I’m pushed out.
“You’re not allowed in there kid.” A man in scrubs says.
I back myself up against the wall, sliding down to the clean, lined floor and tears re-trail down my face. Zack’s got to be alright, we’re made for each other, it’s like he knows me inside out. He’s my match.


I’m curled up on my bed, my forehead resting on my knees, tears dropping from my eyes down my lap. The cars are zooming past, drunk drivers on the streets. The rain pouring down onto the deserted streets, making patterns in the pale concrete. People are running under cover, avoiding the brewing storm, it’s been one year today since Zack died.
I stand up, looking down to see my long gangly figure, clothed in socks and pyjama bottoms. I grab a black jacket, and slip on some converse. I’m going to get soaked, but for this, it’s worth it. I pick up the circus themed umbrella, and slipped out, shutting the door lightly. I open the umbrella, the droplets of rain exploding down onto it, making loud pattering noises.
I run down the deserted street, making a sharp left turn to the church. The grounds are soaked through already, the ground becoming mushy and deadly. I avoid the slippery death trap and go to the far corner, with the bright white grave. His name is deeply carved in.
Zackary Steven Merrick

21/ 04/ 1988 – 22/05/2009

In loving memory, son, boyfriend, may your soul rest in Heaven.


I bend down over the grave, placing a bunch of red roses. Then I sit next to the grave, my head resting on top, I whimper softly, keeping in mind his beautiful face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Contest
please give me some response