Everybody Party Till the Gasman Comes

oo1

The room was a disaster. I'll admit, ninety-five percent of the mess was my fault. It was nearing midnight and Ginny, Hermione, and I had to get up early in the morning to leave for the Quidditch World Cup and needed to get to sleep. However, that wasn't going to happen until our (and by "our" I mean Ginny's) room was cleaned. And that wasn't going to happen until I found my teddy bear. I know what you're thinking: Why would a fourteen-year-old girl need a teddy bear? Well, I don't feel like I should have to answer that question.

"Are you sure you haven't seen Weasel?" I asked, on the verge of a mental breakdown; or, at the very least, tears. I whipped my head from side to side, looking places I'd already looked.

Ginny sighed, exasperation mixing with exhaustion to create an anger I'd rarely ever seen her show. "Samantha, can you really not think of two people who live in this house with us who would love to work you up like this?"

I blinked. "They wouldn't." As soon as they were spoken I knew the falsity of my words. I turned to Hermione. She nodded at me. I huffed, then spun on my heel and stomped, as quietly as possible, from the room.

I shoved open the door to the twins' room. The two of them looked up at me as I stood in the doorway staring at them.

"Where is he?"

Fred and George looked at each other, identical grins spreading across their identical faces. "There are quite a few hes in the house. Which are you talking about?" Fred smirked.

I glared at them both. "You know bloody well who I'm talking about! Where is Weasel?"

"Weasel?"

"That's that teddy bear we bought for you when you were five, isn't it?" George smiled.

I let tears well up in my eyes as I looked at the slightly more serious of the boys. "Georgie," I whimpered, walking towards his bed where he sat. "I'm really, really tired and I can't sleep without Weasel."

George's eyes shifted between Fred and I a few dozen times. They landed on my eyes for a final time. "Merlin's pants, Sammy!" he yelled. He reached over and opened the top drawer on the night table next to his bed. He pulled out a small, dark brown stuffed bear and handed it to me.

A grin spread itself across my face and I threw my arms around his neck. "Thanks, Georgie!" I pulled back and kissed his cheek, then left the room. Just before I closed the door, I heard Fred scold his brother.

"You're such an idiot sometimes, George."
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!
This chapter is short, but the next one will be out tomorrow and it'll be longer. :)
xoxo,Aleka.