‹ Prequel: Glass
Status: I'm working on updating! I've been focused on another story, Sacrifices. Sorry for the delay, loves.

Glass (Full Version)

"I'll have to go back."

The girl returned to her daily life, but she could never completely shake the memory of the Serpent. For days at a time, she wouldn’t think of its existence, and other times, she would awake and be sure she had heard it speaking to her as she slept. How strange it had been to converse with another being, despite the being’s strangeness. She often found herself running a finger up and down her wrist where the Serpent’s tongue had touched her. She had been left with an odd mark on her skin. It was blue, as if her veins had stained her skin, but if she turned it, she could see that it had the same texture as the mark she had on her finger from a thorny plant. She decided that it was like rope embedded in her skin, and it fascinated her to no end. The mark soon became subject to the girl’s obsession, and after a time, she thought of little else. “What is happening to me?” she said aloud. Now that she knew how to speak, she always chattered away to herself, thinking out loud. “Still, I miss speaking to someone else,” she mused. “Perhaps I should return to the Serpent’s house and speak to it again.” She furrowed her brow, trying to remember something. It was as if another voice independent of her mind yet inside her own head was trying to tell her something. “What happened there?” she asked herself. “Something… something important.” She fingered the mark on her wrist and breathed deeply. “Something beautiful. I’ll have to go back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the constant cliff-hangers. I'd really appreciate a comment!