Status: One-Shot

Love Me, Leave Me, Or Rip Me Apart.

01/01

There she was again. On that swing set by herself. I don’t understand it. She so beautiful… and smart and kind. She has so many mates that hang around daily, so why weren’t they with her now? I held my camera up and took another picture of her. Of Alice. She smiled at nothing almost like she knew I was there. Me. Tom. People look at me and see no one. Oliver’s brother if nothing else. I was a nobody; I took pictures of a girl that didn’t know me without her consent.
She stood up and walked to her bike. I took one more picture then called Oli to pick me up. I had to get these developed. Then it hit me for the fifth time today. This was wrong, this was sick. I was strange but this was just mental. I stared after as she rode off. I was in love with Alice and she barely knew I existed.

Oli gave me the third-degree about why I was alone in a park. I held up my camera in an attempt to explain I was taking pictures of the scenery. He nodded and continued to drive home.

XXXXXXXXX

The next day I took my developed pictures to school so I could slip the photos into my folder where I kept all my favourite pictures since year 8. I walked to my locker and felt my heart speed up.

Alice’s friends were at my locker. My open locker. Holding my folder the girls were staring at the pictures in shock. Soon they saw me and I was frozen in place.

“Oi! You took these without Alice’s permission!” one yelled angrily. “YOU CREEP” shouted another. I ran out of the building and to the park across the street. The park where I had first seen her. Where all my problems had started. They would tell her. There was no doubt in my mind they would inform her of my oddities, as if I weren’t strange enough. Oli would be mad. Alice would hate me.

“Tom?” a small voice interrupted my thoughts. Alice. She was on the swing set now and patted the one next to her. My heart may as well have stopped. I sat next to her and she pushed herself back and forth, I did the same.

“Have you been taking pictures of me without my permission?” I almost had a sick. I nodded and she looked at me. I expected her to be disgusted or angry even.

I certainly didn’t expect her to ask if she could see them.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I like Tom.