Status: Slowly Active.

Lycanthrope

Feelings

It’s been a few days and I have been avoiding Tyler as if he were the plague. I make sure that I enter and leave class the minute the bell rings and I’ve also been ignoring his calls. What happened in my room, the kissing, it was unexpected. It’s not something that I’m even sure I wanted. Granted, I didn’t push him off and I did enjoy it but I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it. I’m not sure how I feel about him and to avoid him entirely is much easier for me to figure out how I’m feeling.

Arriving at school, I scan the school grounds in attempts of finding Elena, or even Caroline for that matter, in hopes of being able to talk about what happened. After looking around for a couple of minutes, I finally find her sitting with Stefan at one of the picnic tables.

I exhale a deep breath, still feeling a little uneasy about Stefan, and make my way to the couple. Elena notices me walking towards them and immediately greets me with a smile on her face. Returning the smile, I glance between her and Stefan before saying, “I’m sorry to interrupt but Elena, can we talk? I think I need some advice.”

Elena looks over at Stefan who simply nods his head before excusing himself, “I’ll let you two girls talk.” He attaches his lips to Elena’s for a quick second before rising to his feet and walking towards the school.

Taking Stefan’s place at the picnic table, I sit across from Elena and then bury my face in my hands, feeling confused as ever.

“Okay, what’s going on?” I hear Elena ask causing me to remove my hands from my face.

I run my hands through my straight, reddish-brown locks and shake my head. “Where do I even begin?” I murmur, running my hand down my face before resting my chin in the palm.

“Well, you can start by telling me how studying went with Tyler.”

“He’s not even taking a French class,” I tell her while rolling my eyes, “he said he just wanted to hang out so we talked a bit and then he... kissed me.”

Elena elevates her eyebrows in surprise. “Wait a minute. You kissed Tyler?” Tilting my head to the side, I purse my lips but when I’m about to correct Elena, she cuts me off by saying, “You know what, don’t answer that because I can tell by the look on your face that it wasn’t just a little kiss.”

A light chuckle passes through my lips as I shake my head. Brushing my bangs out of my eyes, I sigh softly before saying, “And now I feel confused because we argue, that’s what we do, but then we have this moment. What does this mean?” Groaning, I fold my arms on the table and place my forehead on top of them.

“Well, have you talked to Tyler about it?”

“I’ve been avoiding him,” I mumble, letting my eyes fall shut as I take a deep breath.

I can practically hear Elena roll her eyes and she exclaims, “You have to talk to him, Syd! That’s the only way you’re going to find out what’s going on.”

“But I can’t face him. Not until I figure out how I’m feeling,” I reply while lifting my head to look at Elena. Running both my hands through my hair, I sigh softly when something catches my eye. I narrow my eyes at Stefan and Damon, taking notice of Stefan’s annoyed and angry look on his face as Damon talks to him. Nodding my head in their direction, I change the subject by asking Elena, “What’s going on with those two?”

Elena looks over at the two brothers, her eyebrows meeting in the middle as she rises to her feet, “I have to go.”

“Well, okay then,” I mumble to myself as Elena walks off. Grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder, I rise to my feet and begin to make my way towards the doors of school.

My mind begins to get flooded with thoughts as I think about what exactly it is that I’m feeling. Sure, I think Tyler is cute and yes, I did enjoy the moment we had in my room but does it really mean anything? Is it possible that I just might have some sort of feelings towards Tyler, a good feeling?

I’m quickly brought out of my thought’s when I feel a hand grab me and pull me into an empty supply closet, closing the door once we’re completely inside. Before I even get a chance to see who the person is, I feel their lips slamming against mine. It doesn’t take me long to realize who it is when a familiar feeling overcomes me as I recognize the way his lips move with my own.

Placing one hand on the back of his head, I return the kiss and push my body against his. He soon detaches his lips from mine and begins to leave a trail of kisses down my neck.

“You’ve been avoiding me,” I hear Tyler say in between kisses.

Leaning my head back, I groan softly, “I’ve been busy.”

“Bullshit,” he immediately retorts before attaching his lips to my own once more.

His tongue quickly grazes my bottom lip and I part my lips without hesitation, allowing his tongue to become entangled with my own. Tyler then places his hands on my hips, pushing me back against the door as my hands find their way around his neck and grip his hair lightly.

We remain like that for a little while before I place my hands on his chest, gripping his shirt and pulling his body closer to mine. Tyler groans softly against my mouth when I push my hips against his.

Tyler soon pulls away and says, “Before I reach the point of no return, we need to stop.”

Rolling my eyes at his comment, I push him further away and ask, “So, what was the whole point of dragging me in here? Other than a make-out session.”

“It was the only way that I could get you to talk to me and there was something that I wanted to ask you,” Tyler begins causing me to raise my eyebrows as if I’m telling him to continue, “will you go out on a date with me?”

“I’m sorry, I think I misunderstood,” I reply, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion

Tyler rolls his eyes in annoyance but repeats himself nonetheless, “Will you go on a date with me?”

Shifting from one foot to the other, I cross my arms over my chest and ask, “Okay, what’s going on? Why are you suddenly being nice to me?”

“Because I was dating this girl, Vicki. I was a complete dick to her the entire time we were together and then she died. I’ll never be able to make things right with her and I don’t want to make that mistake twice,” he explains, stuffing his hands in the front pockets of his jeans. “I’ll let you think about it, though.”

Tyler starts to walk past me towards the door so he can exit the supply closet. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I shake my head at my thoughts and call out, “Fine. I’ll go on a date with you but if it turns out to be terrible then we go back to bickering.”

“Sounds good to me,” Tyler says with a smug smirk plastered on his face as if he just accomplished something.

Rolling my eyes, I push past Tyler and mutter, “Wipe that stupid smirk off your face before I do it for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the long wait. I honestly have no excuse for it. I would start writing this chapter and just stop. But I hope this was worth the wait! Also, I would like to point out that I'm going to be starting a new original story. No idea when I'll start posting but go ahead and subscribe if you think you'd be interested or just want a notification so you can read the first chapter then decide from there if you wanna remain subscribed.

Anyways, comment. Subscribe.
I love and appreciate all feedback.