Status: Slowly Active.

Lycanthrope

The Date

It’s 7:50PM and Tyler should be here any minute to pick me up for our date. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t excited because I kind of am. It’s weird. I mean, we butt heads, that’s our thing. We’ve been driving each other crazy since I first moved here and I like our friendship being like that which is probably why part of me wants this date to go horribly wrong. But at the same time, another part of me wants the date to go really well and I’m nervous/afraid that I might say or do something to ruin it.

Maybe my mother was right. Maybe somewhere deep down, I actually do have feelings for Tyler. Ugh, don’t you hate that? Don’t you hate when your mother is right? She’ll never stop telling me that she told me so especially after trying to convince her that I don’t. But maybe I was trying to convince myself. Convince myself that there is no chemistry or spark between Tyler and myself because it’s just easier to believe that. It’s easier believe that there’s nothing there than to be disappointed when things don’t work out.


I’m brought out of my writing when I hear the doorbell ring. Feeling as if my heart just dropped into the pit of my stomach, I quickly close my notebook and take a quick glance in the mirror; running a hand down the front of my dress to straighten out any crinkles in the tiered ruffles and the knit skirt. Once I’m satisfied with my appearance, I take a deep breath before quickly grabbing my purse and making my way downstairs only to find that Tyler has already been let in by my mother.

“Wow,” I hear Tyler say once I’ve made it down the stairs, “you look beautiful.”

“Thanks,” I grin before turning to my mother and telling her that I will see her later.

I quickly usher Tyler out of the house before my mother has the chance to say anything remotely embarrassing and walk down to his car. Once we’re in the car and he starts driving, I hear Tyler say, “So, I was thinking that maybe we could grab some dinner at the Grill. If that’s okay with you.”

“That sounds like a great idea,” I answer with a soft smile playing on my face, feeling more relaxed with each minute.

Within just a few minutes, we arrive at the Grill. Much to my surprise, I feel Tyler take my hand in his as we’re walking inside and he leads me towards an empty table. After quickly looking over the menu and ordering our food, we sit in silence for a couple minutes just staring at each other before I decide to break it by saying, “So, I was just wondering something.”

“Uh oh, this can’t be good,” Tyler jokes causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

“You said you were dating this girl,” I start off slowly, watching his facial expression to see if I should stop or not, “how’d she die?”

Tyler shifts uncomfortably, leaning backwards to allow the waitress put his food in front of him and once she walks away, he answers, “I don’t know, no one really knows. Caroline just found her body buried and all that was determined was that she had been dead for a while.”

“I’m really sorry,” I say sympathetically and subconsciously reach across to table to take his hand, squeezing it in a comforting manner.

When I realize that I’m still holding Tyler’s hand, I begin to pull away only to have him tighten his hold and intertwining our fingers. I bring my gaze from our locked hands to his face and see the small smile tugging at his lips.

He soon breaks the silence by saying, “So enough about my past relationship and tell me, how is it that you don’t have a boyfriend back in Connecticut?”

“Well, you might not know this about me but I can be a pain in the ass sometimes- I know, what a shock,” I answer while chuckling softly at Tyler’s mock surprised look and continue, “and I guess that’s not an attractive quality because my ex-boyfriend seems to think that being difficult would drive someone to cheat.”

Tyler is quiet for a minute before finally saying, “I know I can be a dick but that guy takes the cake.” I laugh lightly and nod my head in agreement then he continues, “If it makes a difference, I actually like that you’re a pain in the ass because I know that you won’t be afraid to stand up for yourself and put me in my place if necessary. Besides, it’s kind of sexy when you defend yourself.”

I roll my eyes playfully as a smile tugs at the corner of my lips, feeling happier about my decision to go on this date.

Image


Three hours and a couple games of pool later, I’m walking hand in hand with Tyler towards my house. Once we’ve reached the front door, Tyler turns so he’s facing me, his hand still gently holding mine.

“I had a good time tonight,” he says while taking his free hand to brush a strand of hair out of my face.

I shrug my shoulders and reply jokingly, “Eh, it wasn’t too bad.”

Tyler rolls his eyes at me before slowly leaning down and pressing his lips against my own. Unlike the previous times we’ve kissed, this kiss is much more gentler and not as hungry. He pulls away after a minute and leans his forehead against mine.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asks, lightly stroking my cheek with his thumb. Instead of answering verbally, I simply smile up at Tyler before leaning up to capture his lips with my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the long wait. I really have no excuse other than for a while, I was working a lot then summer came along and obviously I'd rather be at the beach or in my pool than cooped up inside writing. Then I spent a little over a month reading all seven Harry Potter books and now I'm currently reading The Vampire Diaries series so yeah, that's pretty much why I haven't been writing. But alas, an update and this chapter may or may not get rewritten. I'm not sure if I like it all that much, especially the ending. le shrug.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many (or if any) of you were readers of my story Insomnia but I figured I'd just say it here that I have deleted the story because I didn't really like it so much anymore. I am, however, rewriting it so it's not completely gone. If you'd like to subscribe in advance then here you go, Sinful Vengeance. It's probably gonna be a while before I start posting but that depends on how quickly I get a minimum of three chapters done.