Status: As Of 8/22/2011 THIS STORY IS COMPLETE!

Alex

Out

That afternoon, lying in my bed, I start to think. If I call the cops and tell them about his threat will they believe me? If Zac goes to jail, how long will he be in there? What would happen when he got out? Would he come searching for us? I feel so alone. I don't think I can take care of this problem by myself and there is no way that I'm going to involve Eve and if I tell my mom, she'll most likely tell Zac.

That's when I hear the front door slam, Zac is home and in a bad mood. I head over to my closet and get out two long sleeve shirt and a heavy jacket and put them on to cushion the blows from Zac when he calls me down. I then grab a pair of thick sweat pants to put on but I don't get a chance because Zac is in my doorway.

"H-h-hey Z-dad," I stutter. I have never been more afraid. Zac's eyes are bloodshot and he has a few scratches on his face. He has a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

"Hey boy," he says icily and takes a step toward me.

"What's up?" I say more calmly.

"You've been bad." is all he says before he comes in reach and grabs me. I squeeze my eyes shut as he lifts me off my feet. I can't do anything but hope that I'll live through this. I feel myself flying through the air till I hit the back wall of my room.

"You no good rat!" Zac is is yelling as he stomps over here. Why am I taking this from him? He starts to kick me and then he grabs my hair and pulls me up.

"You thought I wasn't gonna find out?" What is he talking about? He slaps me across the face so hard that my cheek feels like it's on fire. He lifts me off the floor again and brings me so close to his face that I can feel his hot, alcoholic breath.

"Now tell me, what did you tell them?"he spits.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I muster all the energy I have to reply, knowing that no reply is far worse.

"You good for nothing liar!" Zac shouts in my face. He spits on me and throws me about 5 feet. He then comes over and kicks me in the back twice. "I want you out of this house within the next 15 minutes or else you and Eve are getting it." That's not fair! He knows I'd do anything for Eve but does that include leaving her with this monster?

Laying crumbled in the middle of my room, I hear Zac snicker and leave. I know why he's snickering. He doesn't think I can leave with in the next 15 minutes. He thinks that I'm so bad beat that I can't move. But I have to for Eve's sake. Crying, I get up as Eve is coming in. She runs over and helps me before I fall again, my ankle is sprained.

"You can't leave," Eve cries.

"I have to," I push out through silent tears. "For your sake, don't worry it wont be forever."

"I'll take whatever he dishes out, stay please," Eve says. She's so brave for a little girl. I can't believe it.

"Mom may let this monster beat us, but she wont let him kick me out of this house for more then a day," I tell her. "Leave early tomorrow and meet me at the playground."

"Ok," Eve says, defeated. She helps me pack my stuff (a blanket, pillow, ipod, and extra outfit) and I go downstairs. Zac is on the couch watching T.V.

"Well, look and mister lucky now." Zac smirks. "With 2 minutes to spare." I ignore him as I walk out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long. Do you like it?