Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

The Pier

I starred down at my phone, counting the minutes as they went by agonizingly slow. I chewed hard on my bottom lip, wondering if this was a good idea in the first place. It was eleven o’ clock; only one more hour to go. How did Jimmy feel now? Was he nervous, or scheming some sadistic plan?

You can’t blame me. I had to expect the worst. I glanced in the mirror every few moments, wondering if my attire was acceptable or not. I didn’t even know if we were going into the water or not, but it was worth a shot. Could he even swim?

He had to know. Everyone in California knew how to swim, right? I brushed my hair back and tapped my foot nervously against the floor. What would Jimmy think of me? Would he think I’d an ugly broad and leave? Will he expect more out of me? I can’t be obnoxious or sarcastic; be a lady.

I think those were the first commanding words that I didn’t like to come out of my parents mouth. But then of course they added, but be yourself. He can’t expect an angel. Then that funny smirk crawled it’s way onto my father’s lips. That was another thing; do I let my parents come and stay?

What if Jimmy was just a man looking to reach out to young girls? No, he seemed so sweet and caring over the phone. But then again, people can be deceiving motherfuckers. I nearly choked on my breath when my phone began ringing. I looked down quickly, expecting Jimmy’s name to be on the top screen.

I fully relaxed when I answered to Devin; “Hello?”

“Hey babe.”Soothing, soft sensations were hovering over me now.

“What’s up?”I tried to stop myself from tapping my foot.

“I just wanted to know what time you had to be at the boardwalk.”He said.”I wanted to see you before you go.”

“I’m leaving in about fifteen minutes.”I stood from my seat and paced, wondering what he had to tell me before I left.

“Good. Answer your god damn door.”He hung up and I chuckled quietly to myself.

I jogged down the stairs, finding Devin at the screen door. His hands were held tightly behind his back, which forced a bigger smile to emerge on my lips. I popped open the front door and hugged him tightly.

“So, whatcha got?”I smirked.

“Nothing. Why would I have something? And for you of all people.”He playfully rolled his eyes and I pushed him gently.

“Come on,”I whined.”let me know.”

“Aright, if you insist.”He pulled his arms from behind, holding a beautiful boque of flowers.

I couldn’t help but let my jaw drop slightly. They were beautiful and I knew I had never seen anything like them before. I smiled warmly and took them softly from his hands. I looked from the flowers to Devin and giggled quietly.

“Those are pretty.”I turned, finding my dad leaning against the frame of the stairs.”I’m ready to go whenever you are, Hillari.”

“Okay. Give me one minute.”I turned back, hugging Devin tightly around his neck.”Thankyou so much, Dev.”

“No problem sweetheart.”He kissed my temple softly.

As my dad walked away, he pressed his lips gently against mine. I smiled and pulled away, checking the flowers out once more. He took my free hand and looked down into my eyes. They were so serious, but calm in one. He had something to say, but I think he was having a little trouble.

“You okay?”I asked quietly.

“I just,”He whispered.”I just don’t want to see you get hurt in this, you know? I want you to know that if anything happens, no matter what, call me and I’ll be there.”

“I don’t think there’s anything to worry about, Devin.”I smiled nervously.

“Just in case, alright? Promise me?”He said.

“I promise.”I stated.”I’ll call you if there’s any trouble.”

“Thankyou.”He smiled before kissing me once more.”Now go get your shit. And good luck.”

“Thankyou. I’ll call you later and let you know how it went, alright?”I stepped away as he nodded in response.

I waved him off before going upstairs to get my phone and bag. When I made it in, I looked down at my things. I was going to meet my biological father, but I couldn’t keep myself from getting excited and nervous all in one. How would a normal person react to this? Or is this normal?

I looked over in the mirror once more before I clutched my things in my hands. I took in a deep breath and held it for a few seconds. As I blew it out, I chuckled quietly. I shook my outrageous thoughts from my head and started my walk down the stairs. My parents were in the car already, so I took it upon myself to light up and get in on my own time.

“Here goes nothing.”I said softly.

At The Beach

I stood by the pier, looking around the boardwalk for any sign of a lost father figure. It was obnoxiously hot, forcing sweat beads to form along my hair line. I dug around in my purse for my cigarettes and nearly cried in excitement when I found them. The Newport clung tight against my lips as I lit it.

I slouched back against the wooden pole and watched the water rise and leave every few seconds. It was a beautiful sight, really, but I couldn’t focus right at a time like now. I looked over my shoulder at my parents who talked and chuckled every few seconds.

We had made a deal that they would meet Jimmy first, then leave us after a few minutes to our own for a little while. They wanted a feel for him, as did I, but if they figured he was harmless, then they would leave. I don’t blame them; Jimmy is a complete stranger as of right now.

My pocket began to vibrate suddenly and my heart got caught up in my throat. I anxiously pulled it out, but waited to see who was on the caller id. I looked over at my parents and they instantly quieted down. I took in a long drag from my cigarette and answered.

“Hello?”I almost whispered it.

“Hey, Hillari, it’s Jimmy.”I slowly blew the smoke from my lips.

Here goes nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867

I have to admit that I didn’t think this story would come near as many readers and subscribers that I have now. I expected maybe ten, at the most. I really appreciate the comments and all from you guys. It puts even more confidence in me knowing that my writing can actually be good. I love all you guys . Thankyou.