Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Liquor Run

Matt slowly walked through Jimmy’s house, peeking in every corner and room he found himself at. He finally dragged himself to Jimmy’s bedroom door, but stopped himself before knocking. He was slightly afraid to know what he would find behind the door. He hadn’t seen or spoken to Jimmy in three days.

“Jimbo?”He knocked lightly on the door, but heard no movement or sound.

He tried again, gaining the soft noises of snoring. With a heavy sigh, he pushed the door open, finding Jimmy on his bed, head pushed under his pillow. He walked in, shaking a hand in front of his face. All he could smell was alcohol, but he wasn’t going to make any assumptions yet. Yet.

“Jimmy?”He stepped to the side of the bed, glaring angrily at three open and empty bottles of Jack Daniels by the edge of his bed.”Jimmy?”

He quickly grew angry that he had gone so low as to start drinking; it was the hard liquor that always hit him the hardest. He grabbed him roughly by the shoulder, shaking him until he rolled onto his back.

“What the fuck,”He rubbed his tired eyes and looked up at Matt.

He cringed at the light and pulled the pillow over his eyes.

“It’s been three fucking days, dude.”Matt said.”What’s with the alcohol?!”

“Alco-”Jimmy stopped before continuing.”I had a couple drinks. Who cares?”

“Who cares?!”He ripped the pillow from his face and took in a deep breath.”No one has heard from you in three days and all you have to say is who cares?”

“Guess time just slipped from me.”Jimmy spat.

“I guess so.”He growled.”Guess it never occurred to you that Hillari’s been trying to get in touch with you as well.”

“How would you know?”He sat up quickly, but grabbed his head with both hands.

Jimmy closed his eyes and tried to stop his world from spinning. He had locked himself away after the hurtful words thrown at him by Brian. He was never one to take things to heart, but it was slowly crumbling down on him all at once. He felt Brian could be right after all.

“So for three days straight you drank Jack?”Matt clenched his teeth together; he wouldn’t let Jimmy fall back into his past addiction.

“Pretty much.”He shrugged his shoulders; he was out of it and could care less at this point.

“Why would you do that, Jimmy? You know what happened last time.”Matt frowned at the thought.

Jimmy had drank himself into a slumber and was forced to get his stomach pumped. He came within an inch of alcohol poisoning and the guys forced him into help. He was watched day and night, which made him finally realize he didn’t need the alcohol to stay calm and happy.

Jimmy only shrugged his shoulders, making Matt grow angrier by the second. Matt didn’t know why Jimmy was so care free at the moment. He wanted to get through to him quickly, though, before he turns back to the alcohol or anything else. Jimmy was his best friend, no matter what.

“Is it what Brian said?”Jimmy snapped up, narrowing his eyes in anger.

“Why would you think that?”He asked.

“Because ever since then you’ve been cooped up. We haven’t seen or spoken to you in three fucking days. If that’s what it is I’ll drag Brian down here and make him apologize. This is ridiculous, Jimmy.”Matt crossed his arms over his broad chest.

“It’s not what,”Jimmy slowly let his head fall, knowing he couldn’t lie to Matt.

It was exactly what Brian had said to Jimmy. He seemed to let what Brian had to say soak in and let it stick. He grew confused and most of all worried. What if Hillari thinks he got in touch with her for media attention? What if she thinks that he wants something from her life? He couldn’t think anymore.

He had gotten riled up over, what seems like, nothing, yet Matt had to bring it to a halt. He let his hand fall on his shoulder, but this time, he couldn’t force that comforting smile. He was speechless for Jimmy. He didn’t know how to make him comfortable or feel better.

“Was it me, too?”He asked.

“Why would you call her, Matt?”Jimmy stood, shaking his hand from his shoulder.

“I wanted her to know she could call you, Jimmy. If it weren’t for me I think your relationship would be struggling right now.”He snapped.

“Don’t think I could take care of it myself?”Jimmy turned, facing Matt with shocked eyes.

“No, I don’t.”He stepped forward, trying to prove a point.”You chicken out on so much shit, it’s ridiculous. I thought you would need my help.”

“Well, I don’t need it.”He looked down at his empty bottles, a sliver of hope glimmering in his eyes.

“And you don’t need that.”Matt shook his head.”A beer here and there, but not Jack. No hard liquor, in fact. Get your head on straight, Jimmy, or you’re going to lose it.”

“Fuck you!”He pointed an accusing finger in Matt’s direction.”I can do this! I can drink if I want to and I can skip out on my friends for a couple of days!”

“That’s not what this is about!”The veins in Matt’s neck bulged out as he screamed at Jimmy.”You know that! You’re fucking daughter is relying on you to help make a new relationship! You’re skimping out on your own daughter!”

“You have no right to tell me what to -”Matt grabbed Jimmy by the shirt, looking him in the eyes.

Jimmy saw the rage in his eyes; he could tell Matt was seconds away from losing it on him. Yet he wasn’t scared.

“I need you to stop drinking. Stop letting everyone’s words and actions get in your way and start being a man.”He growled through clenched teeth.”If you’re committed, then nothing should get in your way. If you do let this shit come in between you and Hillari,”

He released Jimmy’s crumpled shirt and wiped down his face.

“then I don’t know you.”He whimpered.”You might want to call her before she gives up on you, Jim.”

Matt escaped through Jimmy’s bedroom door and slammed it loudly behind him. Jimmy fell onto his bed and let his head fall into his hands. He sighed quietly before looking down at the empty bottles by his bed.

“The fuck am I doing?”He stood, taking the lamp on the nightstand and throwing it angrily across the room.

It shattered against the wall and a small smile crept up onto Jimmy’s lips. He snaked his keys from the stand and jogged down the stairs to the front door. He was determined, but for all the wrong reasons. He climbed into his car before driving wildly into town.

The parking lot was fairly empty; it was only twelve o’ clock. He stepped out of the car and lit a cigarette, knowing the nicotine would surely calm him down slightly. He inhaled deeply, feeling the hot smoke engulf his lungs and form a knot in his chest.

It was only one more time. He couldn't be ridiculed for one more stop in town. He smoked dangerously from the short cigarette before he walked onto the side walk. He stomped out of the Marlboro before he grabbed onto the door. With a sigh, he walked right into Huntington’s Liquors.

“This is it.”He wasn’t so sure that this would be his last liquor run.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image

Image

Banner one by Neche. Banner two by hachie. Banner three by P.L.K.A.F.. Thankyou guys so much! :D

Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867
VengeanceRevSyn6661
cobra9874
katebug
BringMeNirvana
AcidTripInDisneyland
Xxamericanxxidiotxx
TuckYou
OMGfun111
HelloFascination
avenging angel

You subscribers aren't left out ether! I love you guys! :)