Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Hillari

I bit down on my pen, trying to remember exactly what my teacher had said about the lesson today. Science was my downfall, along with many others and I couldn’t bring myself to get the answer right. I scribbled an incredibly wrong answer on the paper and smiled to myself.

“She’ll love that answer.”I chuckled into my quiet room and tossed my papers back into my bag.

I rolled my hair up into a ponytail and pushed my glasses back up my nose. I fell back onto my bed and sighed comfortably. I pressed my hands behind my head and closed my eyes, enjoying the peace and quiet of a Friday afternoon. My pocket grooved to the vibrations of my phone - my peace and quiet was now over.

“Hello?”I shoved the phone between my ear and shoulder.

I put my hands back behind my head as Devin began to babble on about his girl crush at school. After a few seconds I groaned, making it known that I wasn’t interested in his boy ideas.

“Well, then, miss fancy. The fuck would you do?”I could see him leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his broad chest.

“Me? Well, don’t get me started.”I chuckled softly.”First, I would kidnap the bitch. Then,”

“Are you kidding me?!”I laughed loudly into the phone and tried to stop him from continuing.

“Wait! I’m not done yet!”I shouted.”Then, I’d force her into my closet and chain her to the wall. And after that do what I please. Feed her a slice of bread once a week, maybe some water. She’s human. She’ll survive.”

“You’re a sick, sick woman, Hillari.”Devin spat.

“I know, but that’s why you love me.”I smirked.”So what are the plans for tonight? Anything at all?”

“Well, we have Cindie’s party tonight,”He began.

“Lame.”I sat up in bed and crossed my legs.

“Shane’s party,”He added.

“Getting better.”I stated.

“Ariel’s party?”He asked.

“Exactly.”I smiled.

“You know how much I hate her boyfriend though. He’s a dick and a half.”He moaned.

“You’re a big, strong, manly man. Kick his ass hot stuff!”I said.

“Yeah, but I don’t want her,”I cut him off.

“Getting mad at you.”I mimicked.

“Exactly.”He sighed.

“So we’ll go, have some fun then leave. I’m going to have a couple drinks, so you’re my designated drunk driver!”I yelled.

“You drank last weekend!”He argued.

“Oh, you have it all wrong my buff, stupid little friend.”I began.”I missed out on last weekend. I picked your wasted ass up and helped you to your room. But I don’t expect you to remember the little things.”

The phone stayed silent until an aggravated groaned escaped his lips. I knew that I was right and I was more than excited to go out and have a little fun.

“Alright.”He grunted.

“See ya in a half hour love!”I clicked the phone off and began to rummage through my drawers.

I pulled out my loose fitting shirt and small pants before rushing into my shower. When I finished my shower and make-up, I looked myself over in the mirror once more. I loved the simple outfits; outfit. With a quick brush through my hair I pulled my glasses over my eyes and smiled. Perfect.

Beeping occurred outside and I grabbed my bag. I headed down the stairs, finding my parents sitting in the living room, watching one of the football games on tv. I jumped over the railing of the stairs, landing perfectly between them. My mom laughed as she gripped her beating chest.

“Jesus christ, Hillari.”She chuckled.”Where are you going?”

“Me and Devin are going to Ariel’s party. We’ll be back late, okay?”I looked from my mom to my dad with a smirk.

“You going to drink or smoke?”My dad leaned back in his seat and looked sternly at me.

“I’ll drink, but Devin is driving me home. He’s my designated drunk driver.”I flashed a smile.

“Okay. So long as he’s drunk when he’s driving you home.”My mom laughed.”Be good, be careful.”

“I know. Love ya guys!”I kissed them eacho goodbye and headed for the door.

“Got your smokes and phone?!”I turned slightly, calling after them before the door shut.

“Yeah! Bye!”I hustled to Devin’s old car and jumped into the passenger’s seat.”Let’s go babeh!”

He took off down the road, a smile on his lips. Music blared through his speakers as we drove down the road. Devin had always been my best friend for nearly seven years. And him knowing myself, he played around with his ipod before letting a sly smirk fit his thick lips.

“What are you doing?”I tried to see what he was going to put on, but it wasn’t much use.

“You know damn well I will tie you there if you peek.”He smiled.

“I’ll kick yo ass, bitch!”I rested my elbow on the door and lazily gripped the top of the roof. The warm, humid wind pushed through the car as we drove. I let in a gasp as Bass Nectar began to blare through his speakers.

“I fuckin’ love you!”We danced to Teleport Massive until we arrived at Ariel’s house, where music screamed louder and bodies danced everywhere.

We emerged from the car and walked to the front door of the house. My main objective; get a drink and dance the whole night through. Devin would have an occasional drink here and there, but he would be fine by the time we got home. As the door opened I immediately swayed my hips to the beat.

Devin’s eyes flared at me hungrily, but he knew there was always fresh meat at the parties. I danced through the crowd before hitting up Ariel’s bar. She poured drinks behind it, bobbing to the music as people came and went. I stepped up and slapped my hand against the island.

She looked over and let out a small cry. Jumping over the small island, she wrapped her arms tightly around my neck and pulled me into a hug. I laughed into her shoulder as she pulled away. She was almost surprised that I was here. I didn’t know why, though.

“What’s up?!”She tried to yell over the music.

“Nothing much, babe! Why don’t you get me a drink!”Her legs dangled over the island as she reached behind and grabbed a bottle of Southern Comfort.

It wasn’t my favourite drink of the bunch, but it would do. Two shot glasses slammed down in front of me and the dark coloured drink smoothly poured out of the bottle and into the small glasses. We each took one and after the clanking of the two glasses, downed them.

“Babe, you gotta come dance!”Ariel grabbed my hand and led me off to the dance floor.

The night went crazy; I grinded on Ariel, Ariel grinded on me. Random people moved into our picture and left just as quick. We easily moved to the music, finding the night passing quickly. Drinks came and went and by the time I was almost done dancing, it was nearly three in the morning.

Devin fell into the picture far after Ariel left back to the bar and I grinned over at him. He continued to dance along the floor, finding many of the easy sophomores to be pushing against him. They were sloppy, and he wasn’t into things like that. Especially since he was eighteen.

“You ready, Hillari?!”He moved over to me, dancing still.

“Whenever you are babe!”I grabbed his hand with one and held my drink in the other.

We danced for nearly minutes before he let his hands fall to my hips. Bass Nectar screamed over the loud speakers after the last song and I refused to leave. He moved his hands with my movement and danced easily with me. I turned in his soft grip and smirked up at him.

He eventually led me out of the house by the time the song had ended. I danced to the car, still, as the music continued. Devin turned in my direction and smiled down at me. I pressed my now empty hands to his upper arms and grinned. My hands barely reached around his tight arms.

“You ready, sweetheart?”He opened the door and I happily got into the passengers seat.

I felt good, but I didn’t drink until I was drunk; it just wasn’t me right now. Devin revved his car to life and within seconds we were on our way back. He pulled up to my house and I looked over at him with a smile.

“Thanks for the ride, Dev.”I opened the car door, but turned before I left.

I met his grey eyes with a cheerful smirk and stopped myself from getting out of the car.

“What are you looking at?”He set the car in park.

“Just thinking about something.”I had nearly two minutes before my mom or dad peeked outside, so I moved in quickly.

Devin was caught by surprise, but it quickly turned into something else. His lips were soft and passionate, but completely different from the last two guys I had been with. The only thing I could think was what would happen if my parents stepped outside? I pulled away from him and starred up into his eyes.

“Goodnight, Hillari.”He smirked.

I stepped out of the car and shut the door behind me. I pushed my head through the open window and had a satisfactory smile crawl to my lips.

“Night, Dev.”I turned and walked into my house, lazily climbing the stairs to my room.

My feet thudded with each stepped until I kicked my shoes off in my room. I didn’t have the energy to remove my partying clothes; I lied down the way I was. I rolled onto my bed and rested my head on my hands. It had been a long night and as of right now, nothing could break me from the mood I was in.

I didn’t know what else was going on in the world, but it was not of my interest right now. The world could end tomorrow, but I would still have that goofy grin on my lips that I have now. I pushed my limits tonight, but in all, I wasn’t going to complain. Tomorrow was always another day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks you to the 11 subscribers I got within the last two chapters! I’m surprised, I really am. I thought I might get one, maybe two. So thank you, again. I think someone should let me know how it’s going, you know, just for kicks?

But, as for this chapter, it’s just a small taste of Hillari’s life right now. So I hope you guys enjoyed it. It’s going to be a crazy ride in a little bit. Let me know how my stories coming along, okay? Thankyou!