Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Cardiologist

Jimmy never liked the presence of any doctor. They always seemed willing to take your money and leave you empty handed. His opinion stayed this way since all the doctors’ Jimmy and Leanna went to were unable to cure her of her cancer. Yet whenever things started to go down hill for Jimmy, Leanna would be first on the phone, calling a doctor.

She would pretend they would be going somewhere special and drive there, or give Jimmy that look he could never turn down and ask him to go. This would be the second time, in a long time, he had picked up the phone to call a doctor for himself. It came down to it when his chest pains grew severely. A few days went by without anything, until yesterday.

Jimmy thought he had beat his bodies system and got away without any more heart burn, but when it came back yesterday, it came back with a vengeance. He was only scanning through his email, a hot cup of coffee sitting at his side. When he got to the third page, the computer screen started to spin and twist, making him push his chair back.

He cupped his head, wondering why he was beginning to get so dizzy. He tried to get up and reach for his phone, but he only collapsed in the process. He grew nervous and was hoping one of the guys could rush over and help him. When it had finally disappeared, he regained his composure and sat back in his computer chair. It wasn’t the dizziness that scared him.

Throughout the day he had popped multiple Prevacid, cursing low under his breath while doing so. Prevacid was a twenty four hour relief, but it only gave him a solid hour, if that, anymore. Jimmy was growing worried, yes, but he’s had worse than this before when he was younger. It was when he had difficulty breathing was when he rushed to the fridge.

That tall, cold cup of milk did absolutely nothing but block out his air wave. He choked, spilling milk down his chin and chest, along with the counter and wall behind it. He reached for the phone, but as his fingertips barely brushed it, he had collapsed once more, losing conciousness in the process.

He would never be one to dial up the first doctor he saw and make an appointment, but he was scared for his life, and most of all, Hillari. What would happen if he didn’t wake up one day and no one found him? It would be a few days before one of the guys came over, wondering why he hadn’t picked up his phone.

He didn’t want to worry anyone, so his episode when unnoticed and heard of by everyone else. His excuse of not hanging out for the day was just to relax; he was feeling under the weather. He found the doctor he had called nearly a week ago and with an aggravated sigh, began dialing.

Dr. Morsky’s office. How may I help you?

“My name is James Sullivan. I called about a week ago to make an appointment for my heart burn. This isn’t heart burn. It’s progressed so bad I lost conciousness. I need an appointment right away.”He seemed to have started to sweat while on the phone.

I’m not putting you in for an appointment. Come in right away James. Dr. Morsky will take a look at you. Please, come in as soon as you can, alright?

“Thankyou.”He hung up and looked up at the clock.

It was nearly eleven in the morning and he was calling already. Maybe he had made a mistake in calling the doctor. Maybe it was a cold? He could be coming down with something and thought it had something to do with his heart burn. He pushed past his thoughts and took a tight hold on his keys.

He eyed them down carefully, like they were going to banish his health problems in a second. He knew deep down that he was only doing this for Hillari’s sake. Yes, for the guys as well, but he knew he didn’t want Hillari to lose him so quick. Jimmy trotted out his front door and was soon on his way to the doctor’s office.

When he finally made it there, he sat inside for only a few minutes. The nurse called him in, taking his blood pressure before he could even sit on the bed. He wasn’t nervous, but he was curious as to why they were so quick to treat him. She continued to write things down until she looked up at him.

“Mr. Sullivan,”She began softly.

“You can call me Jimmy.”He stopped to think for a moment.”Jimbo, Jim. Anything really.”

He tried to lighten the nervous and worried mood of the nurse, but it wasn’t doing much. She seemed almost scared for him, which meant that something could actually be seriously wrong with him.

“James, I’m going to ask you a few questions before the doctor comes in.”She looked down at her clipboard, obviously starting from the top.”Do you smoke?”

“Yes.”He kicked his feet back and forth, knowing what was to come next.

“Drink?”She asked.

“Occasionally.”She scribbled down on the clipboard before asking more detailed questions.

“Do you have any history of diabetes, heart attack or high blood pressure?”Jimmy thought for a moment before shaking his head.”How’s your diet, Jimmy?”

“Perfectly fine.”He looked down at his flat, inked stomach and smiled wildly.”I don’t think I’m obese. Nowadays you never know though, right?”

“Right.”She forced a smile before finishing off her interrogation.”When did your symptoms first start?”

“I’ve had it my whole life, actually. I’ve dealt with heart burn and the works since my teens.”Jimmy admitted.”Nothing unusual for me.”

“Two more questions and I’m done, I promise.”She smiled warmly.”Is it occasional or does it bother you on a regular basis?”

“As of lately, a regular basis. It went away for a few days, but when it came back it hit hard.”He frowned.

“Alright.”She placed the clipboard on the door and gave Jimmy a warm smile.”He’ll be in a minute.”

“Thankyou.”He watched as she disappeared through the door, leaving him alone for only a few minutes.

He kicked his feet back and forth, almost disappointed he stooped so low as to call the doctor once more. He most likely needed a higher dose of his heart burn medication and he would be okay. At least, that was what he was hoping for. It was nearly five short minutes before Dr. Morsky came walking in through the door.

He smiled warmly at Jimmy and grabbed the clipboard from the door. He looked it over, furrowing his eyebrows once in a while. He welcomed Jimmy by shaking his hand before taking a seat in the spinny chair no one else was allowed to sit in. Jimmy always hated that rule; you can’t sit in the fun chair, no matter what.

“So, Jimmy, having more heart problems?”He asked.”Your blood pressure is,”

His eyes widened when he read it over. With a low whisper, he said, “Sky rocketing.”

“Really?”Jimmy shrugged his shoulders as the doctor continued on.

“I have a question for you, James.”He looked up from his clipboard.”Are you physically active?”

“Yeah. I play in a band.”He smiled happily.

“Oh, what do you play?”He leaned back slightly, but didn’t make himself too comfortable.

“The drums.”He didn’t feel like talking about the band at the moment.

“Play often?”He questioned.

“All the time.”He stated softly.

“Well,”Dr. Morsky stood from his seat and grabbed his stethascope.

He pressed it against Jimmy’s chest and asked him politely to take in deep breaths.

“do you get any pains when you play, Jimmy?”He finished.

“Not really.”He breathed.

When he pulled away, he shook his head softly.

“Other than your blood pressure, what’s been going on? It’s coming back worse?”He asked.

Jimmy continued to tell him of the past week, including what he had eaten and drank, before Dr. Morsky started scribbling on his clipboard. Jimmy crossed his arms over his chest, hoping he would say it was a normal cold and to get plenty of fluids and rest. But then again, when do things go his way?

“Well, I’m going to have you take some blood tests. I’m also going to send you to a cardiologist. He’ll be able to check out your heart and make sure nothing is going on.”He shook Jimmy’s hand before handing him a script with the new doctor’s name on it.”The nurse will be in to take your blood and we’ll give you a call in a few days when everything comes back.”

He went to walk out the door, but turned back to smile at Jimmy. He quickly added, “Make sure you call him right away, Jimmy. If it’s anything serious, we need to catch it right away.”

“You got it.”He winked in his direction before letting his head fall back.

He wanted a simple diagnosis, not giving blood and traveling to another doctor. The nurse came back in a few minutes later, carrying nearly ten clear tubes and a butterfly needle. He knew this would most likely take a while, but he had nowhere to be at this point.

She set up her things and slapped on a pair of rubber gloves. It took only a few minutes before he was done and leaving with a snoopy band aid pressed against his hand. He waved goodbye to the receptionist and walked out the door, right toward his car. When he stepped in he lit up a cigarette, taking a large drag from the stress.

He looked down at the small piece of paper with the doctor’s name on it. It looked like it said Dr. Ryven, but he couldn’t be too sure. It was only scribbled on in small letters. He reached in his pocket for his cell phone and began dialing the number. He wouldn’t be so quick to call, but it was that slight fear that pushed him over the top.

Dr. Ryven’s office. How can I help you today?

He stopped for a moment, wondering if he should hang up and wait for his body to heal itself. He chewed his bottom lip as Hillari flashed in his mind over and over again. With a sigh, he said, “My name is James Sullivan. I’ve been referred to Dr. Ryven for some heart tests.”

James, Sullivan. Is this your first time visiting with us?

“Yes, it is.”He stole another drag of his cigarette before leaning back in his seat.

There’s an opening tomorrow at two o’ clock. Is that okay?

“Sounds good. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”Before he could hang up, she chiped in one more thing.

Mr. Sullivan, I do suggest not eating or drinking anything after twelve o’ clock tonight, in case the doctor wants to take some tests.

After a short agreement, he hung up the phone and sighed angrily. He was pretty sure it wasn’t anything too dangerous and with the right medication, he would be better in no time. He wasn’t going to tell the guys and Hillari about his doctor visits, especially what happened yesterday.

It would be his little secret for now, until he knew what was going on in his body. Jimmy took one last drag of his cigarette before flicking it out his window. He slammed his door shut and started the car, driving for home in a few seconds. These doctor visits were going to be the death of him; he could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image

Image

Banner one by Neche. Banner two by hachie. Banner three by P.L.K.A.F.. Thankyou guys so much! :)

Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867
VengeanceRevSyn6661
cobra9874
katebug
BringMeNirvana
AcidTripInDisneyland
Xxamericanxxidiotxx
TuckYou
OMGfun111
HelloFascination
avenging angel
Molz
intotheshadows!
alive again;
Jedi_Jody
Blueskittles
Musicalness99
mistery gurl
Aightball
beLIEve;
xGaskarthlovex
I’m Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers :D

No, I’m not that doctor smart (yet). College is around the corner and I’ll learn, but until then, I got my information at this website.