Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Tough Love

“What do you mean you can’t give me her information?!”Jimmy growled lowly into the phone.

Brian and Matt watched as his breath grew labored; he was losing his patience and his only opportunity to get in touch with Hillari.

”Sir, we cannot proceed with giving you-

“I’m her father for fucks sake!”Jimmy’s hand clenched a fist full of his hair; his patience was running out.

”Even if you claim a bloodline with the young girl, it doesn’t mean it’s okay to give out her information. You have to understand that -”

Jimmy opened his mouth to shout, but quickly snapped it shut. The manager he had been speaking to on the phone had a good point. This man was only trying to keep Hillari safe and he should appreciate that. Jimmy’s head fell and he sighed softly.

“I’m sorry, sir.”He began.”Is there anyway that I would be able to get in touch with Hillari, or her,”

Jimmy cringed before speaking. It killed him to say anything like this.

parents, by any chance?”He looked up, hopeful that his now calm attitude would change their minds.

”We’ll get in touch with the McMann family as soon as possible. We need their permission to send out anything on Hillari.”

“I appreciate it.”The phone clicked off and it fell to the table.

Jimmy hunched over in his seat and calmly let out a sigh. He had finally gotten the number he was looking for and he couldn’t even get one hundred percent through. Matt and Brian stared awkwardly at each other before Matt spoke up.

“So,”He began slowly.”they couldn’t give you anything on her?”

“You have no idea, guys. I’m ready to find her and kidnap her myself.”Jimmy sat up.

“Cause that’s a great way to make a relationship with your daughter. Hey! Kid! Come’er!”Brian stated.”I’m gonna kidnap your ass and make you believe I’m your father! Fuck you if you don’t believe me cause your stuck now, bitch!”

Matt and Jimmy watched as Brian forced out a small, odd scene in front of them. Maybe he was trying to make Jimmy laugh, maybe he was trying hard not to snap for what Jimmy had said. Brian began to laugh and shook his head. He looked back up at Matt and Jimmy, forcing them to grow confused.

“You okay dude?”Jimmy asked.

“I think he’s delirious or something.”Matt held back a chuckle.

“Guys, I’m tired. I’ve been up all night finding out shit on that chick-”Brian was quickly cut off.

That chick,”Jimmy growled.”is my daughter.”

“Well, that chick, got me no sleep.”He glared.

“Don’t refer to Hillari like that, Bri.”Jimmy snapped.

“I’ll refer to her with what I want, Jimmy. For fucks sake, she might not even want to look at you!”He began.

“Brian,”Matt warned; he kept going.

“She might think you ran out on her sorry ass and never wanted to see her again! She probably thinks you hate her! I wouldn’t be surprised if she fucking spits on you when she sees your sorry ass!”Brian stopped, his chest heaving from the yelling.

“Brian,”Matt growled.

“I need a fucking cigarette.”He stood from the couch, stomping his way outside.

“Jimmy, ignore him. He-”Matt said.

“No,”Jimmy’s head fell quickly.”He’s probably right, Matt. I wouldn’t be surprised if she snapped when she saw me too.”

Matt stood from the couch, pulling Jimmy up by the collar of his shirt. He angrily threw him against the wall and glared into his eyes. He could only feel the hatred and anger at this point; he had to prove to Jimmy that he was going to see Hillari and she wasn’t going to hate him. His new goal was to prove Jimmy wrong.

“Cut the shit, Jimmy!”He shouted.”You will find Hillari and you will get that relationship you never had! Sitting here moaning and groaning wont do shit! Stop complaining and put your heart into it!”

Matt released his shirt and pressed a hard finger to his chest.

“Put your fucking heart into man and you’ll see. You’ll meet your little girl and I bet you’ll look into Leanna’s gorgeous blue eyes and see her all over again. Don’t give up.”He removed his strong hand from his chest and shook his head.”Let me talk to Brian.”

Matt walked away from Jimmy, leaving him in his own thoughts. At this point, it was dangerous to do that and he was starting to believe that too. Jimmy opened and closed his tight fists, sending a wave of anger through him. He was slowly falling deeper and deeper and was beginning to believe that he would never get his way.

This was the start of his addiction years ago, but he wouldn’t fall that low again. Jimmy clenched his fists once more and turned, swinging his arm into the wall. The instant contact sent a wave of pain through his wrist and arm, forcing him to cry out. He pulled his hand back and growled lowly.

He knew that was a stupid move. He looked up at his wall and let his head fall back. Another hole in the wall due for fixing. He opened and closed his hand again, wincing whenever it opened back up. His fingers swelled slightly, but he wasn’t worried about it. He was never the doctor kind of guy.

His front door opened up and Matt walked through, Brian trailing behind him. His head was hanging slightly low, as if he finally realized what he had done wrong. When they walked into the living room they both stopped. Jimmy’s eyes still glared angrily over at Brian. Maybe he should have hit him instead?

He knew that was a bad idea. Every one of the guys have had their physical fights at least once in their time together and it never ended pretty. Especially if they had been drinking. Brian looked up at Jimmy and like a little kid recited his line, “I’m sorry Jimmy. I didn’t mean it. I love you too much to hurt you.”

Jimmy couldn’t help but chuckle at the last line. Matt and Brian smiled at his sudden burst of laughter and looked from each other to Jimmy.

“The fuck was that?”Jimmy grinned.

“I added my own line to the mix. Matt said make it spicy.”Brian brushed back his hair and smiled warmly.”I’m sorry I keep snapping dude. It’s just my way.”

“Don’t worry about it, Bri. I understand.”Jimmy grinned at his oncoming comment.”You were always a douche bag anyway.”

He shrugged his shoulders and Matt’s laugh boomed throughout the tiny house. Brian slapped Jimmy on the back and smirked in Matt’s direction.

“How ‘bout we go out for a little while. Try and find something to do.”He stated.”Could hit up a bar. Shoot some pool.”

“No, I’m good.”Jimmy said.”I got more searching to do.”

“Jimmy, it’ll get your mind off of Hillari for a little while. Come on. They’ll get back to you. If within the next couple of days you don’t hear from them, then give’m a call. But come on dude. We haven’t had the gang together in a couple of days. Let’s have some fun.”Matt added.

Shooting some pool always had it’s kicks, especially if they were going to have a couple of beers. Jimmy knew he could handle a couple beers here and there. He never got that push to fall back into his alcoholism. With a nod of his head he walked with Brian and Matt to the car.

Jimmy reached the front seat and grabbed at the handle tightly. Brian snuck behind him and placed a gentle hand on his back. He turned, finding his chocolate brown eyes starring down at him. Brian’s face showed he had something to say, but he wasn’t sure if he really could.

“What’s wrong?”He asked quietly.

“I’m excited for you, Jim. Really, I am.”He said.”Don’t let my comments bring you down dude. I know I snap and bitch, but in all honesty I want you to find her. And I know you will, alright? We’ll make sure of it.”

A hopeful smile crawled onto Jimmy’s lips and he almost welled in tears. This was the first encouraging comment Brian had given him and it only made Jimmy want to push further. He swallowed hard and nodded once in his direction.

“Thanks, bro.”He whispered.”I know I will too. It’s just difficult right now.”

“What are you guys doing?”Matt rolled down the window and looked at the both of them.

“I know, but you’ll be happy in the end, Jim.”Brian smiled.”Now back up from the front seat before I drop your ass.”

With a chuckle, Jimmy stepped back and opened the back door. He stepped in and happily shut it behind him. A couple drinks down and he would be okay. Jimmy could only hope and pray that Hillari would accept him into his life and something told him that there was no worry. He could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter a lot. I had to put it out now. I really enjoyed writing it. I hope you guys like it just as much as I did. Enjoy guys. Thankyou. :)