Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Good News

”I’m calling for James Sullivan.”

The woman on the phone took Jimmy by surprise. It had been three days since he had gotten in contact with the orphanage and they called him back? He choked on his words, unsure of how this conversation was going to end. He swallowed hard and answered, “This is him.”

”Hi, my name is Jamee from Ponds Formal Church. I’m calling about your daughter Hillari McMann.”

It hurt to hear Jamee refer to Hillari as a McMann. He wasn’t used to hearing that. He wasn’t used to hearing about Hillari herself, ether.

”Well, Mr. Sullivan,”

“Please, call me Jimmy.”He responded quickly.

”Jimmy. I’m happy to inform you that the parents of Hillari McMann have agreed to having you get in contact with them and the daughter.”

Jimmy’s heart nearly failed at that very moment. They accepted his request? He coughed slightly and asked Jamee to continue on with her statement. He quickly wrote down the phone number of his little girl and sat back in his kitchen chair. With a nod of his head, like she could see him, he okayed her requests and hung up the phone.

His eyes instantly grew warm and he laughed quietly to himself. He now had his girl’s number and he could reach her at any time. He had gotten the home phone number and a cell phone aswell. Huntington Beach was only a few minutes away and at this point the was mentally leaping with joy.

Jimmy instantly dialed Matt’s phone number and waited for the ringing to stop. He tapped his foot on the ground continuous times before he reached a voicemail. He cursed lowly, knowing he was probably home, just not within hearing distance of his cell phone.

“It’s Jimmy. Stay home. I have something to tell you.”He clicked the phone shut and immediately leapt up for his car keys.

He drove to Matt’s house, bailing stop signs and skimming easily through red lights. He had to reach him and quickly to tell him the heart stopping news. As he arrived at Matt’s house and crookedly parked in his driveway, blocking both Matt and everyone elses car at that.

Jimmy happily pushed through the front door, being greeted by all of the guys. They froze, confused at the smile on his face, but the tears in his eyes. Zacky looked up at him carefully, studying his face and growing more confused by the second. What was going on with him?

The last time he saw Jimmy he was asking for help on finding his daughter, Hillari. He had searched, poked and prodded every website and phone number there was possible, but always came up empty handed. What was so different today that changed his mood and feelings?

“What’s wrong, Jimbo?”Zacky grew the courage to ask.

His eyes scanned the room, happiness fulfilling his character. He didn’t know where to start; with the fact that the orphanage accepted his request for his daughter’s number, or the idea that she was even allowed to have any communication with him.

“It’s Hillari.”He whimpered softly.

“And?”Matt stood from his seat, his excitement making Jimmy go over the top.

“I have her number!”He cried loudly.

He laughed happily into the room, gaining cheers and claps from the group. Matt engulfed Jimmy into a hug, tearing his ribcage into two. The guys had easily celebrated with cries and slaps to the back. They were happy for him; ecstatic. Brian stepped up and pulled Jimmy into a hug, pulling him off he floor with ease.

“I fucking told you!”He dropped him to his feet and looked happily up into his eyes.”What did I tell you?”

“Thankyou guys so much. You have no idea how much this means to me.”Jimmy cackled.”I think a party is due for this.”

“No.”Zacky shook his hand at him.”Not until you get in touch with her. We can party for finding her number and getting it, but not until you talk to her one on one.”

“You’re right.”He grinned like a little boy in a candy store.”I have to call her.”

“The fuck are you waitin’ for?!”Johnny shouted.

Jimmy opened his mouth to speak, but stopped quickly. What was he waiting for? He told the guys the exciting news, but now what? At the thought of hearing her voice, he froze. It was like asking the girl you like on a first date; he was nervous and didn’t know what to say.

“Well,”He chuckled softly.

“He has cold feet!”Brian shouted, throwing his hands into the air like a clown.

“No!”He argued.”I just don’t know what to say.”

“That’s up to you, Jimbo.”Zacky smiled.

“She’s your daughter. You have to approach this in your own way.”Matt stated seriously.

Matt was correct in every way. Jimmy had to call Hillari and speak to her himself. He couldn’t get help from any of the guys on this one no matter how much he wanted it. He smiled and shook his head in approvement.

“You’re right, Matt.”He breathed.”I’m going to call her and tell her exactly what’s going on.”

“Good luck, Jimmy.”Matt shook his hand and pulled him into a tight hug.”You’ll do the right thing, I know it. No one can hate you; you’re Jimmy.”

He laughed at his statement and shook his head approvingly. Jimmy’s attitude and charisma always entertained and made everyone laugh. He was always the clown of the group; making them forget their current issues. Hillari had to like him, even if she didn’t believe him.

Jimmy said his goodbyes to the guys and slowly headed home. Questions scattered through his mind like a runaway train. What would he say to her, exactly? Would he automatically tell her he’s her real father? Would he ask her how her life has been? How school was? Did she meet any boys?

No, he didn’t like that last question. He knew she would probably have questions for him aswell and he would answer them one hundred percent truthfully, regardless of the pain behind them. He really wanted to know what she looked like and if he’d be able to meet her in person at some point.

Would she deny him? Would she be excited to meet him in person? Would she even want to talk to him? Was she going to pretend he didn’t exist and walk away? He couldn’t think that way. He shook the thoughts from his head as he pulled into his driveway. It was now or never.

He opened his door and walked slowly into his house. He picked up the phone and dialed the number on the paper, but hung up after the second ring. What was he doing? He was so excited to have the phone number, but he wouldn’t call her. He was a chicken, and he knew it.

“Come on, Jimmy. Do it.”He growled lowly and dialed the number again.

He hung up after the third ring. He flopped down in his seat and rested his head on the table. He was so excited, but now, only fear filled him. He was afraid of what she would come out with. He didn’t even know how old she was, for christs sake. It was going to be a long night. He could feel it already.

"Chicken shit."He growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a kick tonight. I've had three, gentle cups of alcohol and I've been on a roll. I love you guys for liking this so much. This is my third tonight, just because you guys deserve it. Thankyou again and I appreciate it all.

I swear I'll become an alcoholic just for the stories haha. Nah, just kidding. But enjoy it, becaue it's 2:30 in the am and I'm writing for YOU guys :) I hope you guys enjoy.