Status: I have a very strong love/hate relationship with this story. I update like once a month. Just FYI ;)

Anaesthetic Heart

N I N E

"Well, what day is it?" I choked out, running my hand through my messy hair and pushing it out of my face.

"It's Saturday," Mack said, slowly pulling me back into a laying position and trying to calm me down. His arms were warm, and as he wrapped the blankets tighter around me I could feel myself starting to get tired again.

"Eight days?" I whispered, looking at Gran and Mack with amazement and horror clear on my face. I cleared my throat slightly, "What happened to me to make me sleep for eight days?"

"You're Dad would like to be the one to tell you," Gran spoke softly, her voice wavering as she hid her face and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Can you handle waiting?" I just murmured a quiet yes, as I let Mack pull my body tighter to his.

"God, you're cold Danny." His voice was low, as he rubbed his hands up and down my shoulder. "I think you should go take a hot shower."

I shook my head no quickly, "I don't want to be alone. I don't think I have the strength." My voice was softer than I meant it to be.

A small cough came from the doorway and all eyes turned to see Lizbeth standing there, her hands knotted behind her back, "I can take you, I'll even sit in the bathroom if you'd like." Her face was tired looking, small circles under her eyes and yet she still looked beautiful. "It really wouldn't be a problem."

I looked to Gran and saw the relief on her face, instantly making up my mind, "Yah, okay. Give me a hand?" I asked, as I edged towards the end of the bed. She rushed over and offered me her elbow, and I gripped it tightly as I pulled myself into a standing. I swayed a little, but Lizbeth slid her hand around my waist giving me extra support. Slowly, we began walking from the room. Each step felt like I was lifting a ball of lead with my calves, dragging my body along numbly. I was shaking slightly, whether from excursion or cold I wasn't sure. I was faintly aware of Mack following closely behind us, and the slamming of drawers in my room. I could still hear yelling outside.

"I grabbed the warmest clothes I could find for you, I hope they're alright." Gran said, her voice filled with concern as she handed a bundle to Lizbeth. She gave me a watery-eyed look, and rushed out of the hallway.

"She's taking everything really hard," Mack mumbled from behind me, as Lizbeth gave me to him so she could go start the shower. He led me into the bathroom and sat me on the toilet. My legs felt like jello. "We all are," His voice was tight.

"I'm so sorry, Mack." I felt a large lump rise into my throat, as I watched his face get darker. Lizbeth stood up slowly, turning to me. Empathy was all over her face.

"Danny, this was not your fault. You couldn't control this." She smiled smally, and whispered in Mack's ear. He nodded quickly, running his hand over my hair and leaving the bathroom. "I sent him to find Gran." I just nodded. "Ready?" She inquired. I nodded again.

She slowly pulled my shirt over my head, and helped me to stand and pull my sweats off, "I'm sorry about this," I muttered, feeling slightly embarrassed. Lizbeth laughed. "What?" I asked confused.

"Danny, who do you think has been dressing you this past week? It's just easier now that you can lift your own legs!" She smiled at me, pulling my tank top off. I couldn't help but giggle, as she wrapped a towel around me and I slid my undergarments off. "Okay, in you go." she said, looking away and grabbing the back of my towel as I stepped into the shower.

The water was really hot, and I could feel myself relaxing. I realized how stiff and sore I was, my body soaking up the heat radiating down on me. I reached for my shampoo and quickly scrubbed down my hair, I didn't really care though. I just wanted to occupy my hands. I could hear Lizbeth humming on the other side of the curtain, as the old pipes squealed and groaned. The soap washed down me, and I relaxed even more. I stood under the shower for a long time, until Lizbeth asked me if I was almost ready to get out, "Yah, I'm good. Have the towel ready, okay?" I turned the shower off, and with a big breathe opened the curtain. Lizbeth had her eyes closed tight and a large brown towel held open. I slowly stepped into it, and let her wrap it around me and sit me back down on the stool.

She got another towel and rubbed through my hair, then over my shoulders and my legs. "You ready for clothes?" She asked, rummaging through the pile Gran had gave her. She came over with a pair of underwear and helped me slid them on under the towel, then slid a short black shirt over top. I moved the towel away.

"You've got to be kidding me," I laughed as I looked at the sweatshirt Lizbeth was holding up. It had a giant picture of Bambii on it.

"Hey! Your grandmother wants you to be warm!" She laughed, bringing it over to me and sliding it over my head. I just smiled.

Slowly my smile dropped, "Lizbeth? I'm really sorry for everything that happened between Faron and I." I bit my lip looking down as she helped me slid on a pair of thick leggings.

"Don't be. Faron has the tendency to be an ass." She smiled, looking up at me. She pulled me up slowly, and slid a large cardigan over my sweatshirt. "And honestly, between you and me, he was out of line. We may not agree with your friends, but our choice is not yours."

I looked into her silver eyes, and grabbed her tightly in a hug, "Thank you. Thank you for everything, Lizbeth." She hugged me back.

"Everything alright in there girls?" I heard a deep voice, as the door began to open. My Dad poked his head in, his face looking even more tired than it had before. But he smiled when he saw me, his eyes softening. He pushed the door open and came in, enveloping me in a bear-hug as he gripped me tightly, "I'm so sorry, Danielle." He whispered in my hair.

"For what?" I asked confused, as I buried my face into his large chest.

"For not being there for you, for everything." His voice was thick, and he pulled back slowly. His eyes had taken on a soft sheen, as he brushed my hair out of my face, "Let's get you back to bed." He reached down and picked me up effortlessly, striding back down the hall to his room.

Gran was sitting in an arm chair in the corner of the room napping, and Mack was on the edge of the bed. He stood up quickly when he saw us enter, and moved the blankets back so my father could set me down. My Dad tucked the blankets in around me, then came around to the other side and sat down, holding me against him. Mack sat down too, and Lizbeth came in and leaned against the doorway. Dad cleared his throat, "We have some explaining to do, but first you have to promise me something,"

"Anything," I nodded, looking at their faces confused. I could see Gran stir and wake, looking around the room.

"Promise me you'll try your hardest to understand, and you won't freak out," His voice was low and calm, but an edge clung to them. I promised. He sighed heavily, "Danielle. You've been having headaches, and this sickness because you're body has been fighting off something way stronger than it could manage. It was trying to protect you."

"Like a cold or virus?" I asked, confusion drenching my words and mind.

"No, like a curse." A soft voice answered. My eyes shot to the door, to see my mother. Her eyes were redder than before, and her hands were held tightly together. My Dad tightened his arms around me.

"A curse?" I questioned in shock.

"Yes, Danny. A curse, to stop you from seeing the supernatural." Mack spoke this time, his head down and eyes closed. His fists were clenched.

"What do you mean the supernatural, like ghosts and stuff?" My voice shook this time, what were they talking about?

"Not quite. More like magical beings per say, like fairies and goblins." Gran answered, sitting forward in the chair and watching me intently.

"Y-You mean to tell me," My voice wavered, "That there are s-such things as mythical creatures, and someone put a c-c-curse on me, so I couldn't see them?" I held my breath.

"Yes, Danielle." My Dad's voice was low and calm, trying to soothe me as he rubbed small circles into my back.

"B-But, who would do that?" I didn't know what to think anymore, was this real?

"That would be me," Cibrian called, as he strode up to the doorway and slid his arm around my mother's waist. His eyes were darker than usual, and his gaze sent chills up my spine. I grabbed onto my Dad's shirt and he held me tighter, I could feel his body tense up. Cibrian smiled, "Seeing as I am a warlock and all, and you're mother asked so nice." Warlock?

I flashed my eyes to her face, her eyes full of tears, "You have to understand, Danielle. I didn't want you knowing that the world was full of monsters."

"Monsters?" I asked incredulously, my voice getting stronger as anger filled me. I was confused, but at the same time, liberated by understanding. I cleared my throat and held on tighter to my father, squaring my eyes with my mother's, "The only monster I see right now is you."

"Don't talk to your mother like that," Cibrian growled, stepping forward into the room.

"That is enough," My father roared, his chest swelling as he glared at Cibrian, "You will not speak to my daughter like that and try and intimidate her in my own house!"

"Look at the big bad wolf!" Cibrian yelled back, his fists clenched at his side. I looked up at my father's face, his eyes slitted and angry. Wolf?

"Just do what you said you would, before I tear your heart from your chest!" My father boomed, gripping onto me tighter. Fear and confusion took over me, and I held onto my Dad as Cibrian growled under his breathe and walked across the room. I tried to not shy away from him, but I ended up turning my face into my Dad's chest. I could feel him rubbing circles into my back.

"Look at me, Danielle." Cibrian's voice was directly to my right, and I could feel him standing beside the bed. I shook my head no. "Look at me you stupid girl!" He yelled, his voice loud and filled with anger.

I felt my Dad tighten his grip on me, and take a large breathe, "Don't you yell at her! I will kill you, right here right now! You did this, you can take this away!" My father boomed, his voice even and full of authority. His words slowly sinking in, kill?

Cibrian growled. "Danielle, would you kindly look at me." His voice was clipped and tight, his words forced out. Dad whispered in my ear telling me it would be okay, that he wasn't going anywhere. Taking a shaky breathe, I pulled myself from my father's arms and turned towards my step-father. His eyes were dark and glaring directly at me, filling me deep with fear like a antelope caught by a cheetah. He slowly lifted his hands and grabbed either side of my face, his fingers holding my face firmly and his hands painfully tight. I could feel myself shaking. His voice was low and angry, "Look into my eyes and don't stop until I tell you to."

He stared into my face and began speaking lowly underneath his breathe. I could barely make out what he was saying, only that it was in another language. Suddenly, my head began to burn. I felt like I had before I had passed out almost a week ago, as white hot pain burned across my temples. I screamed out desperately, as I felt my head burn and I my pulse painfully pounded through my ears. My temples throbbed as if someone had taken a jackhammer to them. My eyes ached to close yet they couldn't. It was like I was in a trance, his eyes boring into mine and forcing me to stare into his face. I screamed again, feeling tears burn down my face as I hung onto the edge of consciousness.

Cibrian's voice was getting louder and louder, his hands tighter on my face. My body began to feel weaker, as I shook harder. Then he slowed down, his hands relaxing and his voice getting quieter. The pain started to fade away and abruptly he let go of me and I collapsed onto the bed, crying and shaking. I could feel my Dad's hands on me, running over my back and pushing my hair away from my face.

I could hear Cibrian walking away, and pausing, "It's done. She's free of the curse." His voice was cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
TADA! Haha, Chapter Nine.
And here is the big twist I've been hinting at forever.
Do you like? Yes, no? Maybe?
This may be a little confusing,
But just keep reading. It'll make sense.
And tell me what you think?
I applaud you. (:

PS: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=43323872
For Those Curious Readers.