Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

Depressing realisations

Estelle's P.O.V

I considered jumping of the roof. Actually contemplated how much it would hurt to hit the dirty pavement below and considering I was twelve floors up, I imagined it would hurt like a bitch. I don't even think you would need an overly vivid imagination to imagine that kind of pain. Eric continued to watch me with an amused expression, he had moved out of the shadows and I tried to both keep track of his every movements and try and find a way off the roof.

"Darling there is no way down, well not for 'humans' at least." I didn't like the way his alluring voice managed to sound both down right sexy and mocking. Wait, sexy?! Estelle get a grip.

I forced myself to focus, which was difficult due to the surge of emotions running through me. And for a brief moment the dizziness returned and I forced myself to push past it, ignoring the effects with some effort.

I suddenly felt tired, so very tired over this whole situation. The dream, Eric, more dream and then more fucking Eric. Something had to give. I felt my anger stir and I snapped at him, "why the hell are you here, haven't you got something else to stalk, like dinner?" My eyes narrowed into slits as I crossed my arms over my chest.

He chuckled again, and his words held that amused edge, "Hmmm possibly, but none quiet as entertaining. Have you thought anymore about what we talked about last time." He said with another smirk, he had inched his way closer, and was now leaning against the closest post of the bill board.

"No, now go away." I narrowed my eyes again, before my whole devil may care facade shattered as I yawned. This caused him to lose some of the humorous exterior as he watched me carefully. "You know a growing girl should get more sleep, especially with the lifestyle you lead, all that murder can take its toll." He said with another carefully placed smirk, one that I thought took a bit to put there.

I just sighed my anger flaring, winning over any exhaustion. "Its not murder if they're already dead. And wait, why am I even having this conversation with you. What part of go away are you not understanding? You know I hate you, and your stalking tendencies are starting to get a little creepy-y" My words broke off as he moved in a blur, and again I was shoved against the wall.

The wind was knocked out of me as I was shoved against the wall, his firm lean body pressed against mine. Every curve of him felt so familiar and yet so new, for a moment the dream plagued my thoughts and I gasped as I struggled to breath. He looked down at me, his eyes studying, they drank me in and all humor had faded.

Their was no dangerous glint in their dark depths, no, nothing but a burning curiosity and a few other emotions I couldn't place. After a moment my thoughts caught up with me, and I again shoved him back, my words coming out in angry puffs. Having the wind knocked out of me didn't help the fierce edge I was trying to get across, although I have a feeling he was seeing right through it anyway. "Fuck you Eric, get out of here, now or I will kill you." I yelled at him, my eyes narrowed to slits.

I worked to keep the shaking out of my voice, but he scared me. He scared me on a level I couldn't fully understand, there was so much mystery that surrounded him, too much emotion. It was draining and exhausting. Vampires where usually easy to understand, their emotions consisted of death and pain only. Their presence drew you in on a basic level, and once you understood it, it was easy to push past.

But Eric? He was this power house of emotion and power, it messed with my head. He didn't say anything, those piecing eyes studied me for a moment before he took the step back, and placed a finger under my chin, his eyes suddenly serious. "Watch your back darling, there are things out there that are far more dangerous to you than me. And your heading into something you won't understand. I'll be back. I meant what I said about rest, its important and whatever you do, don't go to the court for at least another week. " He traced my lips with his thumb and I was to confused by his words to shove him away.

Before I had the chance, he turned and walked away. But not before he gave me one last serious look, that caused a shiver to pass through me. As he faded into the shadows again, I heard his voice again, "the doors open by the way."

I was frozen for a moment, before I turned and ran to the door. I hauled it open, and raced down the stairs. In less than a minute I had my OV phone in my hand, ready to hit the sequence to bring the Occidere Vinecere, S.W.A.T team equivalent through my apartment.

But I didn't, I let myself place the phone back on the bench, and collapseed on the couch. As I lay there, I came to the rather depressing realisation, what could they do> Eric would be gone. And I didn't need anymore unwanted attention on me at the moment. So no, no I didn't call my superiors and tell them that I had again been in contact with the one man they would all give everything to see destroyed. No, I didn't ring them and demand they take me to a new safe house. No, I did none of these things, because if Eric didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be. And if he wanted to fine me, he would.

Because he was Eric.