Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

Hybrids and the infamous Luke Woods

Estelle's P.O.V

I was putting it off. I was doing everything I could to avoid my impending summoning, which was putting Alex on edge. He was so stressed lately, with the training with Luce and the whole Eric situation. I decided I would keep my latest plan from him in an attempt to make sure he stayed sane. He didn't handle situations he couldn't control well.

I was pulling some contacts in the hopes to learn more about Eric, as the Occidere Vincere had very little information on the bastard, which made no sense. We had recruits who's entire career was based on finding information on certain high ranking vamps. The fact that they had nothing on Eric was slightly concerning.

So, I would do what they failed to do, and that was gather what I could on my mysterious stalker. I tugged on the black top, it was a bit more formal compared to what i usually wore, with hints of design in the way it draped around my frame. My usual black jeans and boots and of course my leather jacket, to cover the large, fading bruise on my shoulder. And I was done.

I dabbed some mascara on and some lip gloss and I was done. I grabbed my keys and slipped out of the door, Alex was doing some research of his own, on Luce. He still hadn't found out anything more about the girl and as to why she was forced into one of the most extensive training programs offered.

She was training almost every waking hour, and she was even going to be offered tutors to push her through the ranks faster, the situation was eerily similar to mine. Although, looking from the outside in, I now realised my classmates feelings. Luce was being favoured heavily by the entire Academy, it seemed they would pull everything out in the hopes to make her the best. And I couldn't help but think that she was the replacement for me, I knew it was petty but it was a thought that had crossed my mind.

I was always doing things I shouldn't, pushing the boundaries that swamped us, and kept us all in check. I was reckless when I had to be, and I did it for results. The hunters where trained to follow orders, we were all too dangerous not to. But they also needed leaders, and that's what people like Alex and I became. I danced a little on the wild side, but they couldn't argue with the results I pulled.

I moved quickly downstairs, and headed for my bike. I tied up my hair, and tucked it under the helmet as I slid on the bike. I smiled to myself as I heard the roar of the engine, and the power beneath me. I tore out of the garage and into the night.

The bar was pretty nice, I had to admit as I slid off the bike and took of the helmet. letting my hair fall down my back again, in soft waves. "New bike?" I turned and gave a smile to the figure behind me. He was tall, but only a few inches over me. With brown hair that was styled in his usual messy style. His grey eyes regarded me with an amused smile, and I hugged him with a small smile on my own. "Luke, how have you been? And yeah, my new baby."

"I do, suites you. I've been well, busy with the usual, you know how it is." He paused to wink, as he let his eyes trail over me, "and your looking stunning as always, still with Alex?"

I rolled my eyes, "yeah what happened to you and Mia?"

"It didn't work out, she was to serious and she couldn't understand my need for variety. Odd woman." He paused to shake his head in mock confusion and I laughed softly. Although I had to work hard to keep the easy smile on my face, as I saw the tattoo, that began at the base of his neck, and curled around across his collar bone. It was hard to forget what Luke was.

He was a hybrid, an OV experiment. Half human and half vampire, he got the best of both races, super speed and strength. Heightened senses and everything extra a vampire had, but with benefits of a human body, and no need for blood. He could go out in sunlight and he had regular human emotions.

The tattoo marked him as what he was, although few actually knew what the tattoo meant, it was infused with something to keep his loyalty to the OV. Although few knew what it was, I didn't.

I gave him another smile and made my way to the bar, "odd indeed, so how's the hunting been on your side?" I asked as we moved through the doors, and he motioned to the waiter as we slipped into a booth in the back. "Slow actually, they've all been over in your side apparently, you've caused quite a stir amongst them." He fixed me with his eyes and I looked away, and I had no doubt who had caused this stir. Eric.

He kept going, "in fact rumor has it that you've faced the almighty Eric himself on more than one occasions, twice now is it?" He fixed me with his eyes, his gaze unwavering. I resisted the urge to wince under his gaze, so instead I stayed silent, and he raised an eyebrow in surprise. Still eyeing me with a smirk on his lips he ordered us both a round.

"Well, I'm impressed your still standing. Although the fact that you are is a bit concerning." He continued after we were safely out of earshot from the waitress. I gave a soft sigh and took a sip of whatever it was he had ordered. It was good, some sort of concoction that tasted like strawberries.

"I actually thought you might know a little more about him, the OV have hardly any information on him. And so far all he's given me is riddles." I said with a clench of my Jaw. "Riddles, I didn't know you two where that close?" He eyed me curiously, and I gave a sigh in frustration, "I'm not! He just has stalking tendencies and I seem to be the object of his affections. And he has a thing for riddles." I said as I took another sip of my drink.

"Hmmm, well what are these riddles and I'll give you what I know." And so I told him, about the whole him showing up in my apartment thing. I didn't go into details, as telling Luke he was on top of me in bed, may not be the best thing to say.

"You sure he's not a Vamp?" His eyes where deadly serious now, and I have a nod. "You know vamps, they can't resist blood regardless of how old they are. Somethings off with him Luke." I laced both of my hands around the glass, and flicked my eyes away from him.

"I don't know a lot Scar, but the fact that he's hanging around is weird. Hes been off the radar for decades. The fact that hes stalking you is also weird, like its not like you tracked him or anything." He paused to look at my face and I winced, he rose an eyebrow "wait you tracked him? How?"

I shrugged, "like you would any other vamp" I waved him off before he could ask more and I ran a hand through my hair, as we weren't getting anywhere. "Look how we ran into each other is irrelevant. I need information and I need it fast, and for that I need your help."

I gave him a meaningful look and he sighed, sitting back in his seat he thought for a moment before he pulled out his phone and a cigarette. "Okay, I'll find what I can. But Estelle between this in the summoning, you have enough heat on you. Be careful." He stood and started to leave, pausing only to kiss my forehead before he faded through the crowd.

Luke had contacts all over the world, despite looking twenty he was close to hitting a hundred. He aged, just a lot slower. He would help because it would have spiked his own curiosity, he would want to know about Eric too. He would be discrete and he wouldn't tell Alex, which is one of the main reasons I had contacted him in the first place.