Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

Evaded Car Rides, and Stupid Vamps

Estelle

"Why in gods name are you here?" I said with a sigh.

And did he have to look so bloody perfect? He Lent against the wall of the bar, the shadows of the eve covering his face. Even half hidden he was a sight to be hold. He was just so tall, he must be around 6'3. A leather jacket was pulled over his strong, firm shoulders. My eyes tracing the collar, I could just make out the edges of his chin long onyx hair.

Did he have to look so perfect when I had just finished hurling my guts up.

His amused chuckled washed over me, and I lifted my chin, meeting his eyes as he pushed off the wall.

"How you feeling darling?"

"Go fuck yourself."

"Charming as always." Another low chuckle. I stayed silent.

He didn't say anything for a moment, and I felt my jaw clench and my hands ball into fists as his eyes trailed over me. Just his gaze triggered the dream, it was impossible to ignore. It filled my mind like a weed, poisoning every thought.

Luke was concerned over Eric's obsession and he had said a few times that he was here if I needed protection. But Luke was the closest thing I had to a best friend, how could I hand him over to the most dangerous creature I knew? No, this was my fight and I would handle it.

Somehow. I felt the world tilt again. God what was wrong with me.

Besides he found me amusing, which I hoped would aid in me keeping my life for a little longer.

"The car will be here in a moment." He said after a moment. Not a question, a statement suggesting I would just get in the car. Was he stupid?

"What, why?"

He gave me a bemused smile and glanced at the bike in a way of an explanation.

"I'll walk."

"No, you won't."

"Wait, why are we even having this conversation. I don't answer to you." I half snarled.

He seemed to find this even more amusing, like he was in on some joke I didn't get.

"Right, well consider it a friend helping out a drunk friend."

"I'm not drunk." I said through clenched teeth. "And your not my friend."

"Right, come on its here." He motioned behind me. "Aww darling don't be like that I can be your friend."

"Like hell I'm getting in a car with you." I turned not bothering to mention the friend thing, aiming to walk down the street and away from him. I felt myself sway, and the nausea spike again but I took a step down the street and was immediately stopped.

His hand enclosed around my wrist, each finger that encircled my arm was like a live wire, igniting every nerve in my body. I felt a shudder run down my spine, and through the rest of my body. The nausea, the dizziness, it all faded.

I turn to face him, his eyes where already on me, no smile on his lips. And again a flash of emotion and recognition.

We stood there for a moment, looking at one another. Because it was all gone, the slight headache, and the ache in my muscles that had felt like it had seeped into my bones. It was all gone.

a car drove past, illuminating his face as the headlights washed over us. I was again struck by his features, beautiful. Impossibly so. Each plane and angle, perfectly sculpted, as if carved from stone. His lips, full and promising. His eyes.

I hadn't noticed before, the colour. A mixture of a deep gray and dark blue, with rivers of gold running through them. I'd never seen anything like them.

I felt his hand slip from my hand and I felt a tinge of regret, his words where softer as he spoke, convincing.

"Estelle, I meant what I said that there are worse things out there than me. Melrose is one of them-"

"Wait you know her, she killed my bike. That Bitc-"

"Estelle would you listen." His voice sharper, not colder but firm.

I said nothing, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Get in the car."

I said nothing again. Didn't he understand when I said no, did he not understand that I couldn't. He was the bad guy. The first name on my most wanted list. Just as I was on his. He may not be a vamp but that didn't mean he was human. The records I found suggested he wasn't just a few hundred years old, but thousands, many thousands.

Estelle if he wanted you dead, he would have killed you.

The thought raced through my mind, and I gritted my teeth against it. Yes if he wanted me dead I'd be dead, but just because he wanted me alive didn't mean he'd kill me if I pissed him off or attacked first.

I stepped back, my eyes pinning him. "No."

I saw his eyes tighten and him give a sigh, his voice angry. "Estelle this is stupid."
I said nothing else and turned away from him, and walked away. Sliding down an ally and out of sight.

I paused half way down the ally, closing my eyes I focused on my breathing. Adrenalin raced through me, my heart seemed to want to jump out of my chest.

I felt the aches, the dizziness it all return and I staggered, bracing my hand against the wall. My head pounded with my heart and I clutched my head with my other hand.

Squeezing my eyes closed I tried to breathe.

After a long moment I rolled my shoulders back and tried to block out the pounding in my head as I made my way down the ally. I knew if I followed this one, turned left at a junction thing and then right. I would come out on the other side of the block, where I could order a taxi or call the OV to send a car.

I made the first left before I heard something behind me. Dammit.

I spun, which did nothing for my headache, half expecting to find Eric. But no it was a vamp. A girl a few years older than me, her teeth and fangs bared as she snarled. I had my blade unsheathed a moment before she lunged.

She wasn't the chatty kind.

She hit me like a tone of bricks and I stumbled as I tried to slip out of the way. I spun again, bring the knife up to slash at her face. But she moved, god they where fast. She slipped out of my way and grabbed my arm. Pinning it behind my back, I snarled in pain as she yanked it back, causing me to drop the blade.

It clattered to the floor.

Ah shit.

I kicked back, fear racing through me, I connected and hit her knee and she snarled in my ear.
But she was quick and not mucking around.

She slammed me face first into the wall. My body connected. Hard.

The world spun and I hissed and struggled to get my hand free. Each movement she counter blocked, she just moved so damn fast.

She slammed me into the wall again.

Black stars danced in front of my vision. Although they looked more like blobs than stars.

She slammed me again.

I slumped and I heard her cold, deadly sneer as she lowered her lips to my neck.

An ear splitting snarl ripped through the ally way, it ripped through me.I could feel the vibrations through every part of my body. I felt the faint tinges of fear, but soon the snarl sounded far away and I was just so tired.

I felt my eyes droop as she dropped me on the muck covered concrete. I should have hurt, the way my elbow, and hip smashed into the hard surface. It didn't though, and I welcomed the numbness.

It was so comfy, the world stopped spinning and the darkness claimed all of my vision.

The darkness claimed me.