Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

Bitter Sweet Fear

Melrose

I let my blood red finger trail up the fine contours of his chest. Each muscle taunt and firm. He was well built for a human. The colour of his skin was enticing, warmed by the sun and he was just so young. I'd seen an awful lot of this world, tragedies and catastrophes that couldn't be conjured by this boy's imagination.

I almost let myself smile as I remembered the previous acts of the night. The lonely and depressed Alex being eaten by betrayals and a rage he hadn't known he had. The rage that Estelle had brought to life when he'd found her in bed with Eric. That same rage had been continued through sex, his movements that would have brought pain to anyone else. He was a violent boy, who didn't mind laying his strong fists into a woman. These actions had made me wonder if he had ever placed a hand on Estelle. The thought annoyed me more than it should.

I sat up, curling my spine up in an effortless movement. That was the thing with immortality, everything was effortless, easy. A challenge was rare, as was any form of entertainment. Few things amused me these days.

Although having sex with my daughters boyfriend was slightly amusing, although not very moral. Us Immortals aren't very moral creatures. Although maybe she's his ex now. The smile curled its way along my lips as I reached for my smokes. Hitting one out, I balance it along the full curve of my lip and lift the small flame to the tip.

Taking a draw I tilt my head back, looking up at the ceiling, before I let the smoke curl through my gently parted lips. I watched the smoke as it twirled and danced with my breath before it faded through the room.

I moved in a blur, my hand snaking out -the one balancing the cigarette- and buried the glowing end into Alex's chest. Twisting my body to the side in one effortless movement, I straddle him while managing to keep the burning cigarette buried in his flesh.

He screams, the sound odd and muffled with sleep before he wakes up fully and the sound hardens.

"What the fuck, Rose." He struggles to sit up but my free hand snakes out to grasp his wrists in an iron bound. Binding them above his head.

"Rose…" his eyes flex with fear, along with assessment as he analyses the situation. He thinks I'm some sort of vampire, and he's wondering how the hell he didn't see this coming. Along with a few curse words, and damning Estelle for even being in this situation in the first place. Honestly guys.

"Oh shut up. God what is with you hunters." His thoughts grating on my senses, he's a strong broadcaster.

"Wait, you said you where a hunter!" He snapped back.

"I lied."

"What the hell are you, you-u blood sucker!" He stumbles.

"Hardly, dirty creatures they are."

"You must be your too stron-"

"Yes, stronger than a Vampire darling, in fact its hard not to kill you. Your all so fragile you humans." I say with a bored sigh. The smell of burnt flesh lacing the air.

"If your not a Vampire what the hell are you." His eyes blur with fear now.

"Hmmm I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you. Your not triggered, so you must be plain old human. I'm amazed Estelle hasn't killed you yet, she's a strong one. Triggered or not." I muse to myself.

"Estelle? She has nothing to do with this." he pauses, straining against my hold. "Wait, how do you even know her?"

"She's my daughter sweet cheeks." I say with a cold smile.

He blanches "What."

"Oh don't look so shocked, you think one of us would actually hang around a human voluntarily? Please we have standards." I give a soft laugh.

"You can’t be you look like nineteen." He's struggling to rationalise. Humans.

I give him a bored glance and tighten my hold ever so slightly. He groans in pain.

"What do you want." He gasps.

"Hmmm, lots of things. But very few things you could actually give."

"God." He murmurs.

"He can't save you sweet heart." I say as I flick the cigarette across the room.

He says nothing for a moment, and I reach up to stroke his cheek with my free hand. He flinches away, making me grab his taunt jaw in return, forcing him to look at me.

His eyes are lined with fear, he's use to being in control. He can't handle to not be in control.

"There is one thing you can do." I muse.

"Like I would do anything for you." He mumbles, my grip only allowing so much movement.

"You will if you value the life of your parents, and Estelle oh and that Luce gir-"

"Don't you fucking touch her, or my parents. I don't give a fuck about Estelle." He snarls through his clenched jaw. His hands struggling against mine, although they do exactly nothing.

I lean down, my lips brushing along his pronounced jaw, before I let my lips brush under his ear. He tenses under my touch.

"Oh but you do. You both loath and desire her. She's like a panther, you love them with their sleek and effortless beauty. But you fear them for their instincts and who they are. Estelle is or soon will be one of the deadliest creatures to walk this earth. " I pause, as I pull back ever so slightly, my eyes flicking to his.

His eyes burn with an array of different emotion, loathing over both me and Estelle. Fear for my words and actions.

"You are jealous of her too aren't you." I say with a curl of my lips. "Everything's effortless for her, even your mother adores her. Its hard not too, she wraps everyone around her finger." I say with a slight bitterness.

"Don’t fucking talk about my mother." He breathes.

"Language boy."

"Fuck you."

I moved my wrist ever so slightly, and reached out with my slender fingers. And broke one of his.

He screamed. He was a screamer I again mused to myself.

"Don't make me compel you boy."

"Whore, you fucking whore." He groans.

"Wrong choice of words sweet cheeks." I lean down, flicking my eyes to his. "Kiss me"

The command runs through his head like a weed, slithering like oil, poisoning every thought. Until all he can thing about is kissing me, the touch of his own lips against mine. The burning need to do just that. To kiss me.

He arcs his neck up and presses his lips against mine. The compulsion still running strong, and I smile against his lips as I feel his anger, his fear.

I let him go.

He bites my lip.

I just sigh and feel it heal before the drop of blood rolls of my lip.

I felt his fear, it was both bitter and sweet. It rolled across my tongue, and I relished in its flavour, its beautiful tang. It had been a long time since this boy feared. And as I licked the drop of scarlet of my lips I vowed to break this righteous boy, I would shatter that hunter in him.

The smirk that curled its way across my lips was ringed with darkness and an age that he couldn't comprehend, as it held flavours of eternity. I sent another command, making sure he felt every slither of its poisonous hold as it wove its way through his mind.

Trapping him in his bubble of fear, as his body did things he couldn't control. I let my cursed lips brush against his, the taste of my ancient blood on my lips. Along with the promise of a pain that would threaten that fragile edge that held human minds.

I was an Immortal, and he was human and tonight he would learn all about us.