Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

A Timeline of Torture

Rage. A blinding and all too consuming emotion. Its un relenting grip slid through your veins until every fibre of your being is consumed by this single, destructive emotion.

I had been in control of my emotions for centuries, ruling amongst the Immortals with a iron hand. I had grown tired of what this world could offer. There was nothing I couldn't have.

Women, beautiful creatures. Creatures who needed to feel adored. Loved. Their desire something earthly and intoxicating, they loved with everything, gave their hearts to those who knew how to play their cards right. Some where not so easily manipulated, but most gave into the desires they so often denied.

I had to chase Estelle, I had to fight for her. For the first time in centuries I had something worth fighting for. She was mine, and Melrose had no right to take her. Rage flickered along my tongue again, its bitter taste a tang across my taste buds.

Then there were women like Melrose. Weak, and vulnerable to those desires that rippled through their beautiful bodies. Even after all the centuries, she still aloud herself to be controlled by her emotions, desires.

It was jealousy that ruled her now. A sin amongst the seven that had tastes, flickers of rage.

I knew without a doubt that she held Estelle in her hands, she was predictable that way.

The way she had corrupted Alex's mind so he now worshiped at her feet, while his conscious sat behind bars of steel screaming for the control Melrose had stolen.

He was nothing but a pawn. Weak and pathetic.

The crumpled note lay in my palm, its lines and creases imbedded in its once elegant surface and cursive script.

Who couldn't help but detail every action and move she would deal against Estelle. Every strike, every wound and touch.

A deadline.

Melrose had the ability to crawl under ones skin. Arise a rage like no other by harming those you loved.

Her mind broken by the death of Dejon, her bond mate. Her love. She had been untouchable by everyone around her. The bond so intimate that they had both been consumed.

Dejon falling into the traps of her eyes, falling to her beauty. He began to reject the stone that held them all together. As to why and how she managed to con him into giving up something that was so imbedded into ones psyche was beyond me.

But she had done it. And secured her own insanity.

And now she wanted to secure mine, by destroying Estelle. Turning her into the Damned. The creatures she loathed most.

I could feel her, the tether of light that bound us shook and flickered. She was growing weaker, the bonds own fear a tangible thing.

I balled my fists around the strong ebony timber of the desk. Austen and William's eyes on me as they waited for instructions.

I knew what Melrose would do. Knew every step, in unrelenting detail. But I had no idea where she was.

It had been just over twenty-three hours since Estelle vanished from the Occidere Vincere complex. And according to Melrose's instructions we had little over fourty-nine hours to find her.

Before Estelle grew to weak and her body would become the Damned.

"Find her." My voice a barely heard whisper, that spoke of a rage my seven hadn't seen in centuries.

They both gave a nod, and left without another word. My seven would find Melrose. And I would find Estelle. My bond to her wasn't just for show, I just had no idea how to use it.

That’s where Luke came in. A member of my seven, and one of Estelle's closet friends.

* * *

"You called and I answer" Luke bowed his tall frame forward in an over exaggerated bow.

His eyes sparkled with their usual mischief he was perhaps the most reckless and humane of all my Seven. How he came to exist giving him a zeal for life few had.

"I need you to tell me all you know about Bonds." I said at last, as he made himself comfortable in a large armchair that sat opposite me. Luke had made himself a master at knowing all there was to know about Immortals. He found bonds in particular fascinating

He rose his eyebrow, "Why?"

"That’s not important."

"Of course it is. Its our job as your seven to keep you safe. We need all details." Yes, under that playful exterior was a ruthless warrior that had ensured his place amongst my Seven.

I sighed lifting the glass of scotch to my lips.

His full lips gave way to a smirk as he sat back in his arm chair, his eyes still serious though as he regarded me. "You've bonded."

Again I said nothing.

"Oh shit." The full weight of what that meant sank in and he leaned forward to brace his elbows on his knees, his eyes calculating.

"Melrose is going to go all shit crazy." He said with a whistle. "Wait who is the girl? Because I'm guessing this isn't a friendship thing, by your reaction."

I gritted my teeth, every moment Estelle was being put through unimaginable pain, and I couldn't do a thing. Being helpless wasn't something I was use to experiencing. Only Austen and William knew of the bonding itself. The other five where still out of the loop. Or where, the other two would have informed the others of the situation.

"No, its not a friendship bond. She's Estelle." I said at last.

His amber eyes flared and he cursed under his breath. "Now it makes sense. She was already heavy with transition sickness when she asked me to dig up dirt on you a few weeks ago." He shook his head again. "And now she's missing isn't she."

Luke wasn't stupid, and I knew he had been close to Estelle. His unique nature allowing him to mix amongst the Immortal children, without triggering them.

"Yes, she is. Melrose has her." I placed the empty glass down on the hard surface with a heavy hand.

"Fuck." He ran a hand through his hair.

I said nothing my impatience growing. Sensing it he spoke again.

"How far along is the bond?" His eyes back to calculation once more.

"I can take away her symptoms, and her emotions. I can feel the bond, its like a slither of light that binds me to her." I paused. "And dreams." I said after a moment.

"Dreams? Already?" He rose an eyebrow.

"From the moment I met her." I said, my eyes focused on the window. The emotion of the dream an unrelenting echo.

"Shit." He said with a shake of his head. "You know what they mean right?"

I flicked my eyes to him.

"We can find her." He said with a small smile playing along his lips. Those amber eyes alight with adventure and knowledge.

"How long until we can find her?" I said, my voice still cold. My mind reached back to yesterday morning, where Estelle had managed to defuse the ice that had simmered through me as if it was nothing under her capable slender hands.

I held the reins over the immortals, my grip and iron fist. But Estelle broke through my control, shattered it with so little effort.

I had felt warm for the first time in centuries, felt at ease with her in arms. I had something worthy to fight for, something to protect.

I closed my eyes as her profile came alive behind my closed lids. Her face captivated by dreams, the smallest of smiles playing along her lips as she remained oblivious to the world around her. She looked so innocent, so vulnerable. Beautiful.

"We'll find her Eric." Came Luke's voice. I opened my eyes and flicked them towards him. I gave him the smallest of nods.

I won't rest until I find her. But with the bond flickering as it was, I just hoped we weren't all too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the mix up on chapters, those who read 'Bound by Chains Surrounded by Swords' that chapter comes after this one. I uploaded the wrong one. Sorry for confusion.

- Scarlet