Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

Basic Satisfactions

We sped through the night, weaving in between cars, almost flying as the wind brushed past us. I looked up and traced the familiar curve of his neck and shoulders, the way the leather of his jacket strained over the angle of his shoulder blades. Alex and I were the hot couple of the OV, both of us leading our ranks; Alex had been in the OV since day dot. Trained from the moment he was born and had never questioned what he had been taught.

He was brilliant at what he did, and god he was gorgeous. Lean, taunt muscles pulled across his arms and shoulders, brilliant blue eyes and the tousled hair that shone in the city lights, a soft gold. His features, refined with the strong jaw and lips that made you imagine their potential, lightly tanned skin held no imperfections and an easy, slightly dangerous smile that never left the corners of those lips.

We reached his house, deep within the hillside, with enough security to make anyone who hadn’t lived around it, wary. The desires of the dream hadn’t left; in fact they had only intensified with the feel of his warm body within my grasp as we had raced through the night. He didn’t know about the dream, hell, if he did he would have me committed but he certainly didn’t mind for the after effects.

He slid off the bike, and I couldn’t help but watch his movements, so fluid, striking and quiet with a dangerous edge. His hand slid around my waist as if guessing my thoughts, his warm lips on my neck as he lifted me up and we stumbled through the doors. My eager hands shrugged off his jacket as he did the same with mine, both of us needing the touch, the contact. We lived such violent lives, we were all some of the most damaged people, all of us had some seriously sketchy pasts. We didn’t need much, but this we all needed, this sense of rightness that came from two bodies moving together as one. Using your own body for pleasure, instead of destruction and violence, for life instead of death, I felt the sheets against my bare back, and his taunt body pressing firmly against mine, as I let tonight’s previous events fade away and become lost in this heat and pleasure that was driving us both.

I traced my finger along his jaw as he chuckled softly, the sound carefree and light, something rare for him. I smiled with him as he flipped me over and pinned me against the bed, his lips at my neck once more. It was later, and we were both holding onto the lingering after effects. Both of us in easy carefree moods, he brushed his lips against my jaw as I smiled and tried to press my lips against his but he just grinned and pulled back out of reach. “You’re such a tease” I said with a grin and he just kissed my nose in response, before he slid off me with a soft sigh as he sat up and turned his back towards me. I paused, as I waited for him to say whatever it was he needed too, we had been together for a year now, and I knew he needed to get something off his chest, and I had a sinking feeling it was about tonight.

“Babe, what happened tonight, what you did. “ He paused to shake his head, “what the fuck where you thinking.” I knew this was coming, he hadn’t seen me in action since I had met Eric, and something had snapped, I hadn’t told anyone about that night and I wasn’t about too. But I had to tell him something. I let out a small sigh of my own as I sat up and moved towards the window, the sheet wrapped around me as I moved away from him knowing his eyes were on me. “It was nothing, a game, nothing more”, we all played games, but not to the extent I did. I heard him stand and make his way over and his warm, low voice in my ear.

“That wasn’t a game, that was downright scary, you came this close to getting bitten.” He paused as his voice broke at the end, before he cleared his throat and his voice held something I hadn’t heard in his voice before, fear. “Estelle, I can’t lose you, don’t you get that I can’t-t” I silenced him with a kiss, hating the fear in his voice before I pulled back and took his head in my hands, my voice strong for the both of us. “Alex, Alex honey, don’t talk like that, I’m not going anywhere, and if it makes you this worried I’ll stop with the games okay.” I pressed my lips to his again as I whispered softly “I’m not going anywhere.” He only kissed me back harder, a need within the kiss I hadn’t felt before. I realised then that this wasn’t to fulfil something for him, this was a need, he needed me and I needed him, we had both lost a lot and we were all we had left. I kissed him back just as hard in response, moving towards the bed once more, with a strange feeling in my gut.