Status: Re-Writing - Massive changes to story line.

Fireflies.

***ing Adorable

My thoughts drifted back to the people on the bus, well a girl who had been roughly my age. She had had blonde hair that had been styled into an elegant bun, everything about her buffed and manicured to perfection. An easy smile had laced across her lips as she flirted with the man sitting beside her, his eyes consumed by her materialistic image. I began to wonder what kind of life she led, was she a receptionist, maybe a waitress or something a little more glamorous? Who knows. But I envied her immensely, with the life she led. There would be no terrifying aspect of her life, she wouldn’t be risking everything every time she stepped outside. She wouldn’t have a security system that measured up against some high security prisons. She would be ignorant.

And there would be no master of darkness standing, no leaning against my soft grey wall, looking more like a god than anyone had a freaking right to. He lounged effortlessly, as if this was his place and I was the visitor. It only infuriated me more. I snarled at him, actually snarled. Actually I do a lot of snarling, must be the whole reverting back to primal instincts thing. Relying on your instincts and all that. Whatever it was, it scared the shit out of most of my opponents, although most just snarled back. See lots of snarling in my line of work, that and swearing. I narrowed my eyes again, and he just chuckled, the bastard. I wanted to hit him, no not want it was a need. I needed to see his face at the end of my fist. But I knew, despite this over powering desire to smash his face in that I would have to play cool, as this was Eric, he could break every bone in my body with a single blow. So I sighed and waited for him to explain himself, even if I was almost shaking with adrenalin.

Finally after a long enough pause, a pause that gave the impression that he had all the time in the world. And the frustrating thing was, that he did, fucking vampire. He gave me another dark smile as he pushed off the wall, his towering frame moving so elegantly he made Alex look downright clumsy. As he spoke, his voice washed over me again, his tone mesmerising and more than slightly intoxicating. “Well darling, we meet again. I do apologize for last time, those newborns quite the hassle, hmm?” He turned with another smirk as he gave me a wink as he chuckled to himself again. It was beyond terrifying being this close, no it wasn’t, but it should be. Anyone in their right frame of mine should be running for the hills, but despite the adrenalin, and other emotions that measured close to desire, running around my system, I was oddly at ease. Which freaked me out more than being terrified would be.

I didn’t say anything for a moment, and he only chuckled softly again. He had moved closer, inching his way towards me, around the island bench in my kitchen. I didn’t dare move, backing away from him would make him win, and I sure as hell wasn’t going to let that happen. “Hmm, you are quiet tonight, and not even a scratch after last night. Oh don’t look so shocked, you little fight with dusty had been both highly amusing and slightly concerning.

"Do you know who he is darling?” He fixed me with an amused smile, the one that came from games and it only made me clench my jaw in frustration. He waited for me to say something, but I remained silent, waiting. I could play the waiting game too. Finally he smirked and continued, “He was an original darling, oh don’t look so confused. You are so easy to read, it’s kind of adorable actually, might want to work on your poker face.” I just narrowed my eyes and bit my lip against another snarl, which made him, chuckled again. “Again, adorable. Now where was I hmm? Oh that’s right, dusty well Marven actually, yes I can see it in your eyes you know him. Beautiful eyes you have too, like flames. “ He paused again, god he changed his train of thought more often than me. Wait why was I comparing myself to him, Estelle get a fucking grip. “Yes he’s an original, you killed his mate little over a week ago, you shouldn’t do that you know. Things get even more messy, anyways.” He paused as he took a step closer, he was less than a meter away from me now. “You waved him off as if he was nothing, a mere fly against your elegant fingers. I’m curious as to what are you, as you must know, no human could do that. Now, that face is even more fucking adorable.” My mouth had fallen open in shock, and I shook my head as I closed it, although I could tell my eyebrows where somewhere up near my hair line. I could feel my composure un ravelling slowly, and it was again infuriating me more, he had no right to even be here, let alone start with his fucking riddles. Finally I spoke, my voice strong. “I’m human, and he must have been weak or something, hadn’t fed in a few days or whatever.

Now would you be so kind as to get out of my fucking apartment?” I half snarled, which triggered a chuckled that escaped those gorgeous lips. “Your sense of humour is actually hilarious, because I can see it in your eyes, you actually believe you’re human. Oh don’t look so pissed, do you think normal hunters shake off ancients as if they are infants, darling please tell me you have more brains than that.” I didn’t say anything, as he took a step forward; it took a lot to not take one back.

He noticed I didn’t move and he smirked again. I rolled my eyes and half snarled again, my anger rising, “I’m human, warm, breathing, food eating human okay, now are we done and can you leave.” I hissed angrily, he just smirked again, and took a step forward and placed a hand on my cheek. He actually had the nerve to touch me, “hmm, yes you are warm-m.” He murmured softly, before he cut himself off and looked at me sharply, the carefree façade gone. Electricity burnt through me, it was like touching a high voltage electric fence, although it didn’t hurt. It felt weird yes, but in a good way, a way that moved the heat through me faster. I shoved him away, my palms pressing flat against his sculpted chest, as I shoved him back. Amazingly he complied although I don’t think he did so by his own will.

He took a few steps back, although he made it look effortless, it was obviously not because he wanted to. Those onyx eyes, that went on forever rested on mine, the entire world seemed to shrink until the world spun solely in his eyes. They spun with a depth I couldn’t grasp, and I made myself look away as his features transformed into a mask of shock. He snarled, the sound not at all carefree, as he moved in a blur of movements, one minute he was opposite me, the next he had me rammed up against the wall, his hands on my shoulders and him hissing at me, “what the fuck are you, and do not lie to me darling.” All joking gone, replaced by this dangerous all to serious edge, and I knew without a doubt things were about to get interesting. Well, fuck.