Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

NINETEEN

Billie and I had gathered everyone from whatever they were doing and we were now all seated on my basement floor, three couple in a circle. We were all just talking about random shit, about what Billie and Mike were gonna do for a year while they waited for everyone else to graduate, especially Tre, since they needed their drummer to complete their band. "Let's play the truth game!" Zie suggested.

"What's the truth game?" I asked her.

"When we all go around in a circle saying stuff about ourselves or whatever. And you have to start everything you say with the words 'Truth is'," Zie explained, snuggling up under Tre's chin.

"Sounds good to me," I said, leaning back against Billie's chest.

"Okay!" Zie exclaimed. "I'll go first. Truth is, I lost my virginity when I was fifteen."

I gasped. "Sheesh, to whom?"

"That'll have to wait till the next cycle of the circle," Zie answered, making me stick my tongue out at her. She laughed and I smiled, Billie kissing the top of my head. She prodded Tre in the chest. "Go."

"Oh, um, truth is...I've only ever fucked one other girl besides Zie," he said, bending down to kiss her.

"Even I didn't know that," Billie remarked.

"MJ," Zie called.

"Truth is, I used to be a girly-girl," she said.

"Truth is, I ran away from home when I was fifteen," Mike said.

"Holy shit," I muttered, my thumb rubbing back and forth over Billie's shin.

"Truth is," Billie started, "I've only ever had one other legit girlfriend before Arizona."

"Truth is, I'm a virgin," I said. Everyone except Billie gasped.

"You? A virgin?" Tre asked incredulously.

"Why are you so surprised?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Tre.

"You're too pretty to be a virgin," he answered confidently. I looked up at Billie, who smiled down at me. I smiled back at him and he leaned his head down to meet my lips in a small kiss.

"Thanks, Tre, but I'm not sure I'm going to be a virgin much longer. Not with this one here," I said, gesturing to Billie with a smile. He chuckled, kissing the top of my head again.

"Please keep me informed about your virginity status," Tre said, making me giggle.

"You'll be the first to know. Hey, how about we all have a big sleepover here tonight?" I suggested.

"Sounds cool, but none of us have anything to wear for tomorrow," Mike said, the arm he had around Mary Jane's waist squeezing her to him awkwardly.

"Well, why don't you all go and fetch some things from your houses while I run it by my mom?"

"Sure. Let's go, babe," Zie said, releasing Tre's hand and standing up.

"Right behind you," Tre called after her, following her up the stairs. Mike and Mary Jane followed soon after them.

Billie stood up, helping me stand. "Let's go talk to your mom and her boyfriend. I bet you my mom's still here, too," he said, squeezing my hand as I led him up the stairs.

We emerged from the basement, hand-in-hand, approaching my mother and Aran animatedly chatting with Ollie. "Mom?" I asked at a lull in the conversation.

"Yes, Arizona?" she replied, a big grin on her face.

"Would it be okay if all my friends stayed over here tonight?"

"All your friends?" she asked, concern poking through her voice, her grin fading.

"The ones that were just here: Mike, Mary Jane, Tre, and Zie. And Billie," I explained, wrapping our entwined hands around my waist and leaning back into him.

"Well, where did they all go? I just saw them all leave," Mom said.

"I suggested the mass sleepover thing, they said yes, but none of them had any stuff for staying over, so they all went back to their respective houses to get that stuff," I told her.

Mom hesitated a moment before answering, whispering something inaudible to Aran, then turning back to me. "I suppose that's alright. Just try not to make too much noise, alright?"

"Yeah! Thanks, Mom!" I said, letting go of Billie's hands to trot over to my mother and plant a small kiss on her cheek, then running back over to Billie, resuming our previous position.

"You're welcome, sweetheart," she said, turning back to Aran and Ollie. I looked to Ollie and she gave me a huge smile; I smiled back, pulling Billie around to the foyer to wait for everyone to return.

~***~


Eleven o'clock, that night.

"Izzie?" Billie whispered in between kisses.

"Billie?" I whispered back to him.

He broke off, smiling at me, his gorgeous yellow-green eyes watching me. "I love you."

I smiled at him, kissing him again. "I love you, too, Billie."

Billie pulled me down onto him, our bodies lined up with each other. I could feel Billie slightly excited underneath my hips, and I gasped when I came in contact with it. I propped myself back up, on my knees on top of Billie. "What?" he asked, his hands running up and down my arms.

"I love you, Billie, but the thought of being naked underneath you at some point scares the shit out of me," I told him, looking him straight in the eye.

I watched his yellow-green eyes search my eyes for something, I didn't know what. "I know it does, but, at some point, you're going to overcome that fear," Billie said, bringing me back down onto him very slowly.

I paid attention to any feeling at my hips, but his excitement was lessening. "Well, yeah, but not yet. And that's a while off."

"But it's going to happen?" Billie asked.

I smiled and kissed him lightly. "Yes."

A huge grin spread across Billie's face as he pulled me down for a long, passionate kiss. "I think I might just have fallen a little bit more in love with you, Arizona."

I flipped over on top of Billie, taking his hands and wrapping them around my waist. "Well, I'm glad. But I can tell you right now, I love you more than you think you love me," I told him.

Billie flipped me over, his hands still around my waist. "Oh yeah? I'll prove to you that I love you more when you let me take you," he said, kissing my neck.

I giggled. "I'll hold you to that," I said, kissing him lightly on the lips. I sighed when I came up, a smile on my face.

"What?" Billie asked, smirking.

"I love the feel of your lips on mine," I told him, kissing him again.

He kissed me back. "How ironic. That's one of my favorite things, too," Billie said, his hands unlocked from around my waist and now set on either side, his thumbs rubbing back and forth under my shirt.

"Your thumbs are cold." Billie stopped moving them. "But that doesn't mean you have to stop," I told him, smiling and kissing his nose.

Billie scrunched his nose. "I love it when you do that," he muttered to me.

I smiled, kissing his nose again. Billie grinned, kissing me on the lips. I settled down onto Billie's chest; he made a strangely good pillow. "You're a good pillow," I murmured to him, my eyelids drooping.

"Glad to hear it," Billie said, kissing the top of my head. I felt one of his hands move from my waist to my shoulder, his fingers stroking my hair. His other hand rested on the small of my back. "I love you, Arizona," he whispered.

I smiled faintly, my eyes closed, falling asleep. "I love you, too, Billie Joe," I said back.

"I love it when you use my full name," Billie said.

That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep, the feel of Billie's lips on mine making me smile in my sleep. I never thought I would fall in love. Especially with a guy so amazing as Billie Joe Armstrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
ADORABLE <3
this chapter is probably my favorite :3